Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
You are one tough SOB

tenor.gif

Part of me wants to see him tar and feathered for being anywhere near that punt, and giving up the second interception

The other part wants to buy one of the finest football players the game has ever known a beer or six. Brady to Edelman is the the clutchest combination in football history.

Part of me wants to see him tar and feathered for being anywhere near that punt, and giving up the second interception

The other part wants to buy one of the finest football players the game has ever known a beer or six. Brady to Edelman is the the clutchest combination in football history.
Edelman is a warrior on the field, and when he screws up he always seems to make up for it with clutch plays. The guy never ****s up in the clutch.

I took Edelman’s name in vain when he lost his mind on that punt and then when he tipped that INT.

My son and I calculated that he had redeemed himself and then some after the 2nd clutch bone jarring catch that he made. Man that dude earns his money across the middle.

Shoot i have to rewatch game I am fd up

Edelman's eyes/face have looked noticeable swollen for the latter part of the season, especially the two postseason games.

Don't want to read much into it but it's hard to ignore. The guy's body has taken such a physical beating and I half-wonder if he's taking some kind of drug(s) (entirely legal presumably) that are really taxing his body. Tramadol is seriously potent stuff.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
Edelman's eyes/face have looked noticeable swollen for the latter part of the season, especially the two postseason games.

Don't want to read much into it but it's hard to ignore. The guy's body has taken such a physical beating and I half-wonder if he's taking some kind of drug(s) (entirely legal presumably) that are really taxing his body. Tramadol is seriously potent stuff.

The swollen eye was so evident during his press conference. It is hard to watch.

Jules is my favorite Patriots player a Clutch Postseason player. He should get Two year extension Jules can play till he's 34. He's coming off that ACL I think he'll be much better a year removed he's far from done. Let's Draft a couple of Slot Guys and let them learn from him.

He redeemed himself IMO. Monster catches down the stretch, never quit. He has risen up the list of my all time Patriots. Not perfect but overall, clutch as hell IMO.

The swollen eye was so evident during his press conference. It is hard to watch.

It looked like both of his eyes ... kind of his face in general. I noticed it last week, too. Wondered if it might be the beard but it's not. Here are two shots from previous games/seasons -- one with a beard, one without -- and his face looks noticeably less swollen and he generally looks brighter and healthier.

0ad041c4f3.png

be211e4dd6.png

I love the guy to death and appreciate everything he has given this team; I just hope he isn't sacrificing his long-term health (in a major way) for these last few seasons of his career.

Just glancing at his face, he doesn't look terribly healthy/well to me, but I'm not a doctor.

I’m a homer, I admit it. At this point I think Jules is making a strong case for being in the HoF. Oh and here’s my boy Julian, born on 11/11 (no joke)

Attachments

• 69870E9E-CAAC-4EC0-9FA7-89C22701AACF.jpeg
    69870E9E-CAAC-4EC0-9FA7-89C22701AACF.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 10
It looked like both of his eyes ... kind of his face in general. I noticed it last week, too. Wondered if it might be the beard but it's not. Here are two shots from previous games/seasons -- one with a beard, one without -- and his face looks noticeably less swollen and he generally looks brighter and healthier.

0ad041c4f3.png

be211e4dd6.png

I love the guy to death and appreciate everything he has given this team; I just hope he isn't sacrificing his long-term health (in a major way) for these last few seasons of his career.

Just glancing at his face, he doesn't look terribly healthy/well to me, but I'm not a doctor.
How many years apart? He looks older and more rugged (the beard makes this exercise difficult), but I don’t necessarily see him as haggard.

He’s certainly a tough MF.

Edit: is the one on top recent? Is this a comparison pic?

His head was nearly decapitated in this game.When he shaves, he will go back to the Jules you know. Plus faces change in the cold. Plus he is growing old.

I hadn't considered the cold as it relates to the potential swelling of the face. That's a really good point.

How many years apart? He looks older and more rugged (the beard makes this exercise difficult), but I don’t necessarily see him as haggard.

He’s certainly a tough MF.

Edit: is the one on top recent? Is this a comparison pic?

I tried to find dates for the above photos but couldn't find anything.

My point is that in both of the above photos (with and without the beard) his face looks significantly less swollen and generally brighter than it has looked over the past two weeks of the postseason.

I specifically included the bearded picture because I wondered if his current beard is contributing to the puffy looking face, but it appears not given that there are photos of him with a beard from previous seasons, and his face looks much better than it currently does.

Certainly don't want to read too much into it but he doesn't too healthy to my (untrained) eye. I wonder if it could be the extreme cold as vuudu mentioned.

He didn’t touch the ball on the punt so quit beating yourselves up about that. Only miscue was the ripped pass int, but do you realize we gave up three int, lost the turnover battles, on losing end of the refs flags, and we still won the game. That’s tough to do, Edelman is tough, this team is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back