PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepatz11

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Sorry if there is another McDaniels thread but I did not see one so I thought I would start it up.

Anyone else starting to question this guy?

No. He gets a pass from me for quite a while still. I'm in Vikings country out here, and the Pats still look like an offensive machine compared to the locals.

We lost one freakin game man and we have someone that u really haven't seen much... Wat else can u ask from mcdaniels... Soon enough they will start stretching the field and were gonna see int., then wat ur gonna say... mcdaniels should've never called that play... give me a break guys... one game, 2 games, or 6 games, we can't win everyone...

yeah, they only broke the NFL scoring record last year.

Clearly he sucks.

Sorry if there is another McDaniels thread but I did not see one so I thought I would start it up.

this has got to be a joke :rolleyes:

All I have to say is with all the pressure being applied by teams why doesn't the team run more screens like in the Jets game after 4 straight sacks they decide to finally run a screen and they get 22 yards.

this thread is started everytime the pats lose or moss doesnt catch a ball or if the offense doesnt score more the 30 pts and in many other cases..just need to do a forum search.

do all us fans a favor and jump on your next bandwagon

I want to know if you live your life the same way you react to this team losing a game?? Will you divorce your wife the first time she disagrees with you?? Put your kids up for adoption the first time they make you mad??

Last edited:
I've questioned it for quite a while.

The play calling is predictable. Why couldnt we adjust to the Giants all out blitzes.

Yeah we smashed some offensive records last year. But don't fool yourself. It's because we had the best QB throwing to the best WR.

If Josh is exposed, then so are Bill Belichick, Dom Capers, and

Dean Pees. The three defensive gurus couldn't cope with the

direct snap to the running back all game long.

Nope.

I am starting to question our fan base, though. Especially after stupidity like this.

Take it easy because I never said McDaniels was bad. I for one have been questioning him for a long time since he got here. Sometimes I think they do things that make no sense i.e last years superbowl which I will always argue McDaniels could have done better in. Now we are seeing how he will do without the best QB in the game running the show for him. It is fair to question whether his success was the result of good coaching or of having the best QB EVER and a great WR corps.

Last edited:
iam assuming there will be a pats fans exposed thread soon :)

If the front office gets Josh a pro QB, all will fine with the offense. Josh is doing the best he can with what he has to work with.

I love the McDaniels haters. The defense loses the game. The defensive coaches are totally outclassed and befuddled. And we get an McDaniels was exposed thread.

He was exposed. He was exposed that if he doesn't have a QB who can't get into a shootout at this point and the defense totally betrays the offense for being nothing more than a speed bump out there, that he cannot win the game. I know about 29-31 other OCs who would be in the same boat.

Nope.

I am starting to question our fan base, though. Especially after stupidity like this.

Co-signed! Well, unless McDaniels and Pees switched jobs.

Obviously Belichick feels McDaniels is clearly the problem though. He was so embarrassed with McDaniels play calling that he spent almost the entire game when the Pats' offense was on the field with his back turned to the field working with the defense.

All you need to do is look to the sidelines to see who Belichick has more confidence in - McDaniels or Pees. It is clearly McDaniels.

Sorry evidently it is stupid to discuss how much of Josh MCdaniels success is the result of great coaching and play calling and how much is due to having the greatest QB ever and a GREAT team. Sorry I did not realize that was so dumb to ask that question.

I preface this by saying I am still predicting 10-6, a playoff spot and I think Cassel will be fine, but did we not just score 49 points in 3 games vs the Jets, Fins and Chiefs? Yeah we lost Brady and that is the MAJOR reason for that but thats yesterday's news. Doesn't anyone want to talk about some reasons why that might be besides merely blaming Cassel. I'm sorry shouldn't we be looking at McDaniels performance more closely now that we just lost the BEST QB ever and for the first time we see him with out Brady.

Let's face it, IMO McDaniels is out there now. How will he respond to this adversity? Can he keep this offense functional without TB? We need him to step up and show he is the great coach we have been told he was because as much as I support Cassel he is no Tom Brady.

Oh yeah and I never said McDaniel was a bad coach but just watching him more closely now.

Last edited:
Sorry evidently it is stupid to discuss how much of Josh MCdaniels success is the result of great coaching and play calling and how much is due to having the greatest QB ever and a GREAT team. Sorry I did not realize that was so dumb to ask that question.

I preface this by saying I am still predicting 10-6, a playoff spot and I think Cassel will be fine, but did we not just score 49 points in 3 games vs the Jets, Fins and Chiefs? Yeah we lost Brady and that is the MAJOR reason for that but thats yesterday's news. Doesn't anyone want to talk about some reasons why that might be besides merely blaming Cassel. I'm sorry shouldn't we be looking at McDaniels performance more closely now that we just lost the BEST QB ever and for the first time we see him with out Brady.

Let's face it, IMO McDaniels is out there now. How will he respond to this adversity? Can he keep this offense functional without TB? We need him to step up and show he is the great coach we have been told he was because as much as I support Cassel he is no Tom Brady.

Oh yeah and I never said McDaniel was a bad coach but just watching him more closely now.

Sorry they aren't putting 30 points a game when they are keeping Cassel on a relatively short leash while he is getting acclimated to the offense. I would give McDaniels no more than 2-3% of the loss yesterday and I may have inflated that number a bit to conceed your point.

McDaniels can only work with what he has to work with. He needs to put Cassel in the best position to succeed and right now that is for him to manage the game and not make costly mistakes. I think McDaniels for the most part is doing his job. Until Cassel is more seasoned, he cannot open up the playbook. Plain and simple.

I think everyone needs to step up now that Brady is gone, but yesterday only the special teams decided to even give a half-hearted effort yesterday. You cannot single out McDaniels for yesterday's loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes