PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels Discussion

Personally I wouldn't want Josh as my HC but he's been one of the better OC since he's been in the league and obviously had a positive impact on Mac. Some guys are great in certain roles, Josh is one of them.

Mark Davis should cut the cord if they have a losing record at the end of the year. This is completely inexcusable.

Personally I wouldn't want Josh as my HC but he's been one of the better OC since he's been in the league and obviously had a positive impact on Mac. Some guys are great in certain roles, Josh is one of them.

Josh reportedly was highly paid by the Patriots and his family liked it here. There's nothing wrong with being a successful career coordinator, especially vs. the stress and demands of being a head coach. I wonder if he has enough expertise to really succeed at the next level.

Meh, the Raiders have lost 3 one score games by a combined 13 points. That said, 0-3 is 0 and f'n 3, not exactly the kind of start that inspires confidence if you're the owner. Still, KC lost a game they most decidedly should have won today, the Donks are sputtering and the Chargers are in a tough spot with Herbert's injury.
In a division we all believed going in was going to be a rock fight is Vegas really out of it?

i would take him back. Him or BOB would be the best thing for Mac Jones' development

Offense is worse than last season. Apparently Skippy calls the plays and Carr cannot change at the LOS. Working so well. I'm sure Skippy gets an extension.

Kyle Shanahan picked Hoyer to be his starting QB and started out 0-9 (cutting him after he started 0-6 once they got JG - holy crap what happened there). I wonder how much patience OAK (can't believe I typed that 1st) LV is going to have. Can't believe all that money they're giving to Carr.

But the playcalling. How come nobody outside of Patfans knows how terrible he is?

David Carr probably had something to do with it sour grapes.

The Raiders aren't going to fire Josh McDaniels... Unless things go totally tits up, he's there for the duration of the contract... Mark Davis is the poorest owner in the NFL... the most widely reported net worth of Mark Davis is in the range ≈ 500-700m (outside of the team valuation)... one report indicated he's worth 1.9b, but who knows... while thats a ton of money, its not enough to swallow ≃ 15-20 million a year in dead money for coaches (McDaniels & Gruden) plus whatever you need to pay a new coach...

If for some reason the Raiders get an infusion of cash, ie Mark Davis selling 49% of the team for ≈3 billion dollars and they do let them go, I would take him back here as an OC in a heartbeat...

If they are serious about bringing BoB back, provided he agrees to a minimum 2 year commitment, maybe the timing works out if McD is let go at the end of his run in LV... but thats highly speculative conjecture at this time... who's to say BB will be here at that point and time... the team could be going in a completely new direction...

But i don't see either scenario happening... I do believe McDaniels time in New England is over.

Don't know what exactly they talked about, but I would think McDaniels would have been smart enough to tell Davis, during the interviewing process, that it takes 2-3 years to turn around a team that's been torpedoed by bad coaching, mediocre drafting and cap management.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back