PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McD on QB situation - today (Monday 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As "problems" go this one is as good as they get, they have the GOAT as well as a young QB who can clearly play at a high level against good NFL defenses, and they may even have a third QB who can also play, whereas most teams don't even have one. Beyond that this team is going to be the clear favorite to win #5 when Brady and Gronk return. What a run, and the end isn't in sight.

SUCK THAT HATERS!

It's pretty sad when ESPN is far more complimentary to the Patriots than local radio, but that was the situation this morning. As Reiss notes above, both Mikes and Waddle were gushing about BB and the Pats while 98.5, Whinebag Toucher in particular, featured their usual snark.

I'm curious. Why listen to them?

I'm curious. Why listen to them?
Only because I listen to the radio on my iPod each morning when I walk from 8:00-10:00 and 98.5 is the only sports station that comes in really clear. Depending on the weather, WEEI sometimes is fairly clear, but the option there is K K Kallahole, Minehane and Tanguay. Not a chance...

Only because I listen to the radio on my iPod each morning when I walk from 8:00-10:00 and 98.5 is the only sports station that comes in really clear. Depending on the weather, WEEI sometimes is fairly clear, but the option there is K K Kallahole, Minehane and Tanguay. Not a chance...

Fair enough. I'm not trying to put you down and I'm out of the market, but it seems some of these radio guys add zero for real fans.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to put you down and I'm out of the market, but it seems some of these radio guys add zero for real fans.
No, Ray, it was an absolutely fair question. I am always wondering why people here do nothing but complain about Felger, but some of those same people can quote him verbatim every day. I draw the line with that show and the only one I really like is on WEEI from 10-2 opposite Felger's show. Anyway, you're right about the sports radio around here. It's largely putrid. The 98.5 show from 6:00-10:00 I was *****ing about earlier has some guests I like, such as Jeff Howe on the Pats, Sean McAdam and Pete Abraham on the Sox, etc. It's actually the main host, Fred Toucher (a Jet fan) whom I can't stomach.

Agreed. Derby for me too as Jules is too valuable in his Squirrel role on offense.
But you KNOW that Edelperson desperately wants to BE his bro, Brady, and would kill (I hope not Tom or anyone on the 53 or coaching staff) to play QB.

Doesn't he already have a higher career QB rating than Tom?

I'm sure that's some good ole friendly trash talking fodder for him.

don't know where this is coming from but stranger things have happened

would be interesting to see how they make the game with JB
but exciting to see JG again

Doesn't Edelman have a 158.3 QB rating? What's the worry with him as backup?

Well if it were me I would want to maintain those bragging rights at the company picnics. "Hey Tom, I still have a higher QB rating than you." :D

BB working his disinformation magic.

I had a feeling we were going to see JB in these first 4 games. I thought Jimmy would get happy feet and end up running alot and end up getting crushed. Didn't quite happen that way, but I see JB starting this game with JG as an emergency backup. JB plays the whole game. He's about 6/4 and 230 lbs so he'll be fine as long as he doesn't run too much and expose himself to some big hits. Hopefully with the butterflies out of his system he can settle down and move the chains and with some help from the defense, win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back