PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon reinstatement rescinded. WR Suspended again

He’s on drugs. What does that have to do with mental illness?
He has struggled with mental illness since he was a young man. There are several articles online about his story.

Sad but very predictable. Rehab doesn't work for everyone and money is obviously not a strong motivator for him since he has thrown it away. I don't think he will ever get better honestly. We should be thankful he isn't on the harder drugs that lead to death etc.

I don't even feel that his story is tragic. Yes his nfl career could've been drastically better but the average nfl career is only 3 years and he has had at least that. He seems to be relatively healthy and he is young enough to find a new passion outside of football and drugs. Maybe it is even for the best. For all we know this suspension could have saved him from a future acl injury /cte etc.

He’s on drugs. What does that have to do with mental illness?

Do you have to work hard to be this willfully ignorant or does it just come naturally?

the only way he gets better is if the league bans him. Eventually his money will run out and then long term rehab after he hits rock bottom.
Then he will be stealing things to get drug money.

Mental illness isn't mental weakness. Generations of dysfunction have been propagated by this type of bullcrap.
And enabling that excuse will never lead to him taking personal responsibility and making good decisions.

Well then clearly he should get another 23 chances to screw up.
Who said anything like that? You questioned his mental illness and you received an answer.

What a horrible waste of talent. The sad thing is the guy would be really rich right now and possibly even could have had a HOF career. My guess is he will be penniless in several years if he isn't now. And depending on what drugs he is taking, he could be dead. I always thought it was pot, but it could be worse.

The league needs to draw a line in the sand. Tell the guy that his next shot is his last. He screws up again and he is done with the NFL. They should have done that about five suspensions ago, but it is time.

Who said anything like that? You questioned his mental illness and you received an answer.
I didn’t question his mental illness. I had no idea he was even using that as an excuse.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back