PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jones-Drew for Cassel?

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
i would normally not consider this, but I had brady as my starter...

right now my QBs are Pennington and Orton

RBs are Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, Edge, Chris Johnson, Justin Fargas.

I play 3 RBs every week, with one at Flex

i will obviously try to give him someone crappier, but considering their demolished Oline, is this that horrible of a trade?

i would normally not consider this, but I had brady as my starter...

right now my QBs are Pennington and Orton

RBs are Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, Edge, Chris Johnson, Justin Fargas.

I play 3 RBs every week, with one at Flex

i will obviously try to give him someone crappier, but considering their demolished Oline, is this that horrible of a trade?

Yeah, the O-line is a concern, but I love how MJD runs, and he gets to play 4 times this year against the Houston and Indy run defenses, and you know how they looked week 1. I'd either try and get a more sure thing QB for him or trade away another back, maybe edge or fargas. Good luck!

You can get better than Cassel for MJD.

You can get better than Cassel for MJD.
yeah im probably going to see how cassel does this sunday, and then counteroffer Edge or Fargas for Cassel depending on what happens

i'd never consider if it i wasn't deep at RB

Last edited:
I live in Jax and a friend of mine just saw your trade proposal. He said that he would do this trade because "MJD isn't going to do anything this year without and offensive line." You are deep at RB but your QB options suck.

Is Griese still available in your league? If so I would dump Orton for Griese and wait it out one more week to see what Cassel does against the Jets.

I live in Jax and a friend of mine just saw your trade proposal. He said that he would do this trade because "MJD isn't going to do anything this year without and offensive line." You are deep at RB but your QB options suck.

Is Griese still available in your league? If so I would dump Orton for Griese and wait it out one more week to see what Cassel does against the Jets.

thanks for the advice chief. that's what i was going to do. wait a week then decide.

(and by the way, your pacman scores won't last very long. look for them to be beaten sometime Saturday)

thanks for the advice chief. that's what i was going to do. wait a week then decide.

(and by the way, your pacman scores won't last very long. look for them to be beaten sometime Saturday)

NEVER!! I WILL ALWAYS BE THE GRAND PAC-MAN CHAMPION!!!

unless of course that tard invasion beats it again... I'm going to the arcade now. :nono:

Another way to look at it is... Sell MJD high while you still can (if you buy into his value being hurt by their banged up o-line). Another washout performance from MJD, and Cassel may be all you can get for him regardless of how he fares against the rats on Sunday.

Throw out an offer for Cutler, then work your way down the value chart.

I agree, sell MJD high, his value is going down down down.

test signature

Well, if the past week was any indication of things to come, I hope you didn't listen to the advice I and others gave you!

Well, if the past week was any indication of things to come, I hope you didn't listen to the advice I and others gave you!

I feel the need to point to my post on this topic, since it may be the only time in history I was right about something to do with fantasy football. Hooray me!

"Yeah, the O-line is a concern, but I love how MJD runs, and he gets to play 4 times this year against the Houston and Indy run defenses, and you know how they looked week 1. I'd either try and get a more sure thing QB for him or trade away another back, maybe edge or fargas. Good luck!"

I'm not sure what your league is like, but there should be much better options in FA than any of the 3 QB names you mentioned. Look at O'Sullivan on the 49'ers, Edwards up in Buffalo, or Campell in DC. I'd guess one of them is available, Griese is another flinger that should be out there too.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back