PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Hannah selected to the 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the highlights of Hannah's career include:
  • New England Patriots Hall of Fame 1991 (1st player enshrined)
  • NFL Hall of Fame, enshrined 1st Ballot 1991
  • First New England Patriot even to be enshrined in the HoF
  • 7 x All Pro
  • 9x Pro Bowl
  • 73 retired by the Patriots, one of the 7 retired numbers (20,40,57,73,78,79,89)
  • Anchored the '78 line, who se the record for rushing 3165 yards in a season
  • Missed only 5 of 191 games due to injury
  • Selected to the 1970's All-Decade Team
  • Selected to the 1980's All-Decade Team
  • Selected to the NFL's 75th Anniversary Team
z4e7lbn.jpg

EL1RyaY.jpg

9obXpgQ.jpg

0hKzS9d.jpg

BURkoNQ.jpg

Holloway was good because Hannah was there. Pats in 1985 and Pats in 1986 tell you everything about how much Hannah meant to that line.

ESPN did a Top 10 Pats of all time list--Hannah was second behind Brady. Gronk was also on the list, as were Troy Brown and Adam V from the SB teams.

Hannah also could have competed at, or very close to, Olympic level in discus and/or shot put, as well as wrestling. He was a total stud who competed in all of these sports.

Hog Hannah was a blend of those two dogs in the cartoons - you know, the little yippy one and the big strong one (Spike and Chester?)

He'd level a lineman, then jump up eagerly looking for the next guy to hit. The guy was an amazing blend of power and athletics.

The irony is that Hannah had an absolutely awful day in SB20, so a pic from that game touting his attitude is a bit misplaced.

Regards,
Chris

Yeah he did. Heard he played with an agonizing stinger in his shoulder the last 2 seasons.

Can’t even imagine how good he’d be in the NFL with todays nutrition and medicine? Not to mention the arthroscopic surgeries available to todays players.

The irony is that Hannah had an absolutely awful day in SB20, so a pic from that game touting his attitude is a bit misplaced.

Regards,
Chris
Actual game aside , everyone in New England, players and fans alike, had an absolutely awful day from the 4th quarter on during SB20. I remember thinking that was the only time I'd ever see them reach the SB and being utterly depressed that night.

Actual game aside , everyone in New England, players and fans alike, had an absolutely awful day from the 4th quarter on during SB20. I remember thinking that was the only time I'd ever see them reach the SB and being utterly depressed that night.

ha, I was depressed for a month. Was only a lad of 15 but the ride getting there was intense and fun af. That team still has a place in my heart. The fumble recovery at the LA colliseum , breaking the orange bowl jinx. Good times.

ha, I was depressed for a month. Was only a lad of 15 but the ride getting there was intense and fun af. That team still has a place in my heart. The fumble recovery at the LA colliseum , breaking the orange bowl jinx. Good times.
We're the same age and the whole season is a great memory. Being able to shut up all of my buddies who chose to root for winning franchises other than the Pats at the time was the best...until the morning after. Between the Celtics championship and the Red Sox losing G7 to the Mets really solidified my loyalty to all of the Boston teams that year.

I was also 15 and watched my VCR recordings of the playoff games multiple times throughout the rest of that winter. Indeed a fun ride. As for the pain of SB20, the Celtics came to the rescue and went on a tear that winter all the way through June which definitely numbed any residual thoughts from that night in January and the breaking of the super bowl week cocaine scandal.

Regards,
Chris

Hog Hannah was a blend of those two dogs in the cartoons - you know, the little yippy one and the big strong one (Spike and Chester?)

He'd level a lineman, then jump up eagerly looking for the next guy to hit. The guy was an amazing blend of power and athletics.
You nailed it.
SanePolishedCollie-size_restricted.gif

SpicyAbleGoa-size_restricted.gif

main-qimg-0ea727cba4c574c66a73158d53a42134

I was also 15 and watched my VCR recordings of the playoff games multiple times throughout the rest of that winter. Indeed a fun ride. As for the pain of SB20, the Celtics came to the rescue and went on a tear that winter all the way through June which definitely numbed any residual thoughts from that night in January and the breaking of the super bowl week cocaine scandal.

Regards,
Chris
Another fake scandal

...unless you believe that the Patriots used recreational drugs as much or more than every other team in the NFL

Yes, breaking the Miami road losing streak in the AFC championship was amazing. The win at Raiders was as well. Even the first round home win against the Jets. :)

No one was going to touch the bears that year. I do still sometimes wonder, though, how the game might have gone if 1) the controversy with the article had not come out right beforehand, 2) we had scored on the pass that Singletary (I believe) broke up right at the last second (after we had a short field due to recovering a Payton fumble, and 3) we had been able to snag that Bears pass the next series for a pick 6. I tend to think they would have drubbed us even if we had been up 14-0, but it would have been interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back