PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Hannah selected to the 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
One of the five New England Patriots to make it (so far), one of the biggest No-Brainers on the list ... did anyone think, when they announced this list, that Hannah wasn't going to be there? Nah, neither did I...

so Gratz Hog Hannah on making the 100!

The other interior linemen added to the list include:
Larry Allen, Dan Fortmann, Bruce Matthews, Randall McDaniel, Jim Parker, and Gene Upshaw.

MzpsIMZ.jpg

ALKncbB.jpg

msZc2F0.jpg

I always got a kick out of watching the reactions of players who were about to get hit by a pulling Hannah. Even if the defender decided to hit the dirt Hannah would still go down and pound him.

One of the five New England Patriots to make it (so far), one of the biggest No-Brainers on the list ... did anyone think, when they announced this list, that Hannah wasn't going to be there? Nah, neither did I...

so Gratz Hog Hannah on making the 100!

The other interior linemen added to the list include:
Larry Allen, Dan Fortmann, Bruce Matthews, Randall McDaniel, Jim Parker, and Gene Upshaw.

MzpsIMZ.jpg

ALKncbB.jpg

msZc2F0.jpg

Great video. Thanks.

I guess if you rag dolled HOFers during your playing days you should make the list. Haha

Some of the highlights of Hannah's career include:
  • New England Patriots Hall of Fame 1991 (1st player enshrined)
  • NFL Hall of Fame, enshrined 1st Ballot 1991
  • First New England Patriot even to be enshrined in the HoF
  • 7 x All Pro
  • 9x Pro Bowl
  • 73 retired by the Patriots, one of the 7 retired numbers (20,40,57,73,78,79,89)
  • Anchored the '78 line, who se the record for rushing 3165 yards in a season
  • Missed only 5 of 191 games due to injury
  • Selected to the 1970's All-Decade Team
  • Selected to the 1980's All-Decade Team
  • Selected to the NFL's 75th Anniversary Team
z4e7lbn.jpg

EL1RyaY.jpg

9obXpgQ.jpg

0hKzS9d.jpg

BURkoNQ.jpg

Last edited:
0hKzS9d.jpg

Dang, wish we had more of that attitude and technique on the current O line.

"Hey, Fridge, you had lunch yet? Here's a knuckle sandwich."

That would be the answer to most of our current woes this year

He was today’s size in yesterday’s game.
It would be cool to see how he’d hold up to the pass rushers of today.
I’m glad he got to play in a Super Bowl at least once in his career.

The only disappointing part of that video was when they showed Jack Tatum returning an interception I got excited thinking Hannah was going to get a nasty lick in on him.

0hKzS9d.jpg

The irony is that Hannah had an absolutely awful day in SB20, so a pic from that game touting his attitude is a bit misplaced.

Regards,
Chris

He was today’s size in yesterday’s game.
It would be cool to see how he’d hold up to the pass rushers of today.
I’m glad he got to play in a Super Bowl at least once in his career.
He was 270 max

The irony is that Hannah had an absolutely awful day in SB20, so a pic from that game touting his attitude is a bit misplaced.

Regards,
Chris
On that day everyone sucked

A little before my time, but everything I've seen about this guy is amazing. The dude was a juggernaut out there.

Your New England Patriots, home to the GOAT QB, GOAT TE, GOAT OL, and GOAT Coach.

Sure, we'd like our current OL's to be as good as the top OG in the history of the NFL.

0hKzS9d.jpg

Regards,
Chris

The added irony is until now I can't recall seeing you make a weak azz post before. Hannah played with torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and a bone on bone knee in SBXX, all of which required surgery. Under the circumstances I'd say he did pretty damn well just to be out there and with only one fully functional limb he still held up his end, he just didn't have it in him to carry Holloway's overrated azz.

Playing next to The Hog made Holloway a lot of money and sent him to 3 straight Pro Bowls. A year after Hannah retired Holloway was a part time player, a year later he was warming a bench then done.

Last edited:
Hannah played with torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and a bone on bone knee in SBXX, all of which required surgery.
I didn't know this, even at the time.

Regards,
Chris

A little before my time, but everything I've seen about this guy is amazing. The dude was a juggernaut out there.

Your New England Patriots, home to the GOAT QB, GOAT TE, GOAT OL, and GOAT Coach.
GOAT OL Coach in Scar.

I didn't know this, even at the time.

Regards,
Chris

Well then Mister Regards, maybe next time you'll think twice before you pee on the cherished memories a Pats fan has of his beloved Hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back