PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Farrell - Hired By Red Sox Through 2015.

After Farrell left us the pitchers said they were scared of him.

GOOD

After listening to the JF presser today I couldn't help but laugh ...

The media is going to be so bored with him ... not quite Belichick boring but close. :p

Agree.....It feels like the sox are trying to get a "Belichick by hiring McDaniels or Ratgini".....Farrell was here when things were good and we were winning Championships...and Tito was here. Now they want to get "part of the band" back together in Farrell. He was abysmal up in Toronto.....they are ecstatic to get him out of town and get something for him.....Maybe I am wrong, but don't see this guy as the answer.....

Do not get the infatuation with this guy, struggled in Toronto... now we are going to give up prospects for him??

Makes no sense, my thoughts are to hire a newbie like Ausmus, Pena or Wallach for a reasonable two year deal, with a club option for a third. Give him a chance and if he really shyts the bed, fire him and then hire Farrell who will be available after next year.

Do not understand why there is so much love for Farrell.. this team needs to completely reinvent how they do business..

Do not get the infatuation with this guy, struggled in Toronto... now we are going to give up prospects for him??

Makes no sense, my thoughts are to hire a newbie like Ausmus, Pena or Wallach for a reasonable two year deal, with a club option for a third. Give him a chance and if he really shyts the bed, fire him and then hire Farrell who will be available after next year.

Do not understand why there is so much love for Farrell.. this team needs to completely reinvent how they do business..

Completely agree.

Do not think Farrell is anything special. At best an average manager.

He will helm a mediocre Sox team that never gets better and will miss the playoffs every year. See you all in 2016 after his firing and the Sox also get a new GM.

Completely agree.

Do not think Farrell is anything special. At best an average manager.

He will helm a mediocre Sox team that never gets better and will miss the playoffs every year. See you all in 2016 after his firing and the Sox also get a new GM.

Good call...

Who ever decided to hire Valentine should have been fired on the spot. The equivalent decision would be hiring Herm Edwards as the Pats HC if BB retired this year. Terrible job with his last team, locker/club room implosion, and then out the game and on tv as a result for a while. Until at least pink hat commander comes along and thinks it would be great for ratings and revenue...

That said, this team is fun to watch. The last few nights not so much. Why the %=÷€ wasn't a reliever in for the seventh? One run lead and just got smacked around for two innings. Anyone else think Eck might actually be a decent pitching coach? Like be was reading my mind. Outside of calling the losing pitch a good piece of hitting. All that was needed was off speed on the dirt. Instead, off speed belt high for the game winner. Pffffft.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back