PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Defilippo

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Bring him in as a coaching assistant he's had success developing QBs and against us.
Bright young offense mind who was looked at for head coaching jobs.
If we believe Josh is out the door we should make the move and get a fresh offensive input.

More so than Klif Kingsbury?

Bring him in as a coaching assistant he's had success developing QBs and against us.
If we believe Josh is out the door we should make the move and get a fresh offensive input.

Did a Great job with the expensive Kirk Cousins there.:oops::D

Supposedly he was made to call certain plays by Zimmer.
So who knows how much of a impact that may or may not of had.
All I know is Wentz has regressed badly without him there.
Cousins has always came up short

He supposedly got fired because he spent more time preparing for a future job than he did for his current one. You really want a guy like that? I'd much rather the team do everything it can to keep McDaniels and promote his replacement from within if he leaves.

Going from McDaniels to one of the offensive assistants on the staff is just well OFFENSIVE.

Don’t get the love for this guy.
This is his second year as an OC and he is sucking with really good talent after sucking the first go around in Cleveland.

Sure he was third in authority with the eagle offense last year but wasn’t close to running it.

He spent 5 awful years as QB coach in Oakland.
I’m not seeing the “bright” in there and his results aren’t what I would want to bring here.

Last edited by a moderator:
He supposedly got fired because he spent more time preparing for a future job than he did for his current one. You really want a guy like that? I'd much rather the team do everything it can to keep McDaniels and promote his replacement from within if he leaves.

Source? I live in MN, hadn't read/heard that yet.

I was browsing Vikings boards in the week prior to our match up, and their fans hated this guy to a man. The overriding sentiment was that they have heaps of talent on offense but the playcalling neutralizes them

He supposedly got fired because he spent more time preparing for a future job than he did for his current one. You really want a guy like that?

2oqgfz.jpg

I wondered about that. Because of the situation in Washington, Kirk was never really under pressure. He knew he wasn't their guy, his time was limited, so what the hell, have fun.

Now he's the center, the guy they gave up all that money for - even though they had a QB that was a solid fit for their offense. The pressure is on, and he can't handle it.

Hard pass on this guy. Funny how he was a "head coaching candidate", only to get fired mid season (and rightfully so).

Frank Reich was clearly the mastermind behind the Eagles offense, Pederson and DeFilippo have been exposed badly.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back