PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Thuney's Role with the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Thuney, I wonder if he's capable of playing C. If Brown holds up at LT and Wynn proves to be a better option at LG, is Thuney still one of our best 5 offensive linemen? He and Andrews have both taken turns as the weak link as well as providing long stretches of solid play. I think Thuney has more physical talent than Andrews, but (anecdotally) was more prone to penalties.

Thuney has played everywhere on the offensive line for the Wolfpack, beginning his career as back-up center as a redshirt freshman, starting at right tackle, right guard and left tackle in 2013, lining up at left guard in 2014 before returning to the blind side tackle spot as a senior. The second-team All-ACC pick has the strong versatility and potential for growth that NFL teams covet in a mid-round selection.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Joe Thuney

Thuney has played everywhere on the offensive line for the Wolfpack, beginning his career as back-up center as a redshirt freshman, starting at right tackle, right guard and left tackle in 2013, lining up at left guard in 2014 before returning to the blind side tackle spot as a senior. The second-team All-ACC pick has the strong versatility and potential for growth that NFL teams covet in a mid-round selection.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Joe Thuney

I thought I had read that somewhere. Wonder if it could translate to the NFL. Tony made a very convincing argument in favor of Andrews at C over both Thuney and Karras, so it might not even matter.

I'll be honest, I think that's a bit harsh. I didn't mind the discussion he generated, even if the site promotion was a bit much. A reprimand might have been enough.

A cursory look at ol' Uncle Chuck's posting habits provides more than enough reasons to believe the issue was discussed with him before. Links were edited out of his previous posts as well. ;)
You can save someone from most anything but themselves, no doubt that was why Icy referenced the particular individuals he did.

When was it decided that Wynn is playing guard? He was drafted as a tackle, and Brown has only played RT.

It's true they played Joe Staley at LT, but they are looking at Brown as a possible LT.

During Thursday's interview, Brown said he has "always" played both sides. He began his college career at Florida as a left tackle and has made spot starts at the position throughout his young NFL career, including Week 9 versus Arizona in 2017 and Week 16 against the Rams in 2016.

Can Trent Brown play left tackle for the New England Patriots? 'I move well for a big guy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back