PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Judge 2023 role clarified

I'd be okay with HCA - Head Coach Assistant.

Ya know, fetching pencil and paper for Bill on game day. Squirting water bottles into waterboy's mouths so they can continue to hydrate others. Wipe down the weight equipment. Direct traffic after home games out of the stadium.
As long as the Giants are paying his salary BB will find a role for him... it's just so laughable and obvious.. Patricia's contract with the lions expires so now he's left the organization.. lol..

BB likely got him the HC job at Giants.. he was a special teams coach and got a head coaching gig..

As long as the Giants are paying his salary BB will find a role for him... it's just so laughable and obvious.. Patricia's contract with the lions expires so now he's left the organization.. lol..

BB likely got him the HC job at Giants.. he was a special teams coach and got a head coaching gig..
I am sure Teams will be leery of Patriot position coaches in HC roles BB's Sons have nothing to worry about. ;)

I am sure Teams will be leery of Patriot position coaches in HC roles BB's Sons have nothing to worry about. ;)
Absolutely correct, the Devin McCourty piece is telling... the Belichick boys are all set lol

Absolutely correct, the Devin McCourty piece is telling... the Belichick boys are all set lol
To be fair, this may be how BB advances coaches on the developmental path. There was an emergency situation with the previous coach leaving and a veteran group which provided a great opportunity for a battlefield promotion. By all accounts SB grew into the job, the real issue is that he is the son of the HC.

To be fair, this may be how BB advances coaches on the developmental path. There was an emergency situation with the previous coach leaving and a veteran group which provided a great opportunity for a battlefield promotion. By all accounts SB grew into the job, the real issue is that he is the son of the HC.
I definitely understand what your saying, it very well could be. However in this day and age where the rooney rule not being followed and just seeing how much nepotism is all over the NFL it's disheartening to have such a great man, and coach like Mayo not being given that official title.. the organization had to know Josh was leaving.. there were ample opportunities for coach to go with experienced coaches one on the staff with Caley. However he went with who was comfortable for him and cost effective for the organization.

Now with us still in a rebuild all these organizational indecisions being made are magnified becuase we aren't winning right now.. now if we go out and are competitive, And end up winning a play-off game at least we won't hear anything about this.

I think the people with their undergarments in a knot over Judge’s title should probably wait for the Patriots to actually announce his title before accidentally castrating themselves in anger. Right now all we have to go off of is what Albert Breer heard/believes.

I definitely understand what your saying, it very well could be. However in this day and age where the rooney rule not being followed and just seeing how much nepotism is all over the NFL it's disheartening to have such a great man, and coach like Mayo not being given that official title.. the organization had to know Josh was leaving.. there were ample opportunities for coach to go with experienced coaches one on the staff with Caley. However he went with who was comfortable for him and cost effective for the organization.

Now with us still in a rebuild all these organizational indecisions being made are magnified becuase we aren't winning right now.. now if we go out and are competitive, And end up winning a play-off game at least we won't hear anything about this.
In the case of a safety's coach the Rooney rule does not apply. There is no doubt that the JMD transition was not handled well which created the toxic view of BB's management of his coaching staff. Ironically, SB got the opportunity because Flores was promoted which is in the spirit of giving minorities opportunities to advance.

I think the people with their undergarments in a knot over Judge’s title should probably wait for the Patriots to actually announce his title before accidentally castrating themselves in anger. Right now all we have to go off of is what Albert Breer heard/believes.
I dunno, Ross. This place is pretty level-headed and folks rarely jump to irrational conclusions

This **** is a joke. Judge shouldn’t be involved with anything but ST.

But he isn't involved in any football operations other than special teams. He is not even directly coaching the players. What are you talking about?

I dunno, Ross. This place is pretty level-headed and folks rarely jump to irrational conclusions
Bizarre. The role being described here is basically “Same **** Patricia did in 2021, but he will advise Cam Achord on Special Teams a little also.” No one cared what Patricia was doing then. But because Breer says it comes with a specific title it’s a big problem.

In the case of a safety's coach the Rooney rule does not apply. There is no doubt that the JMD transition was not handled well which created the toxic view of BB's management of his coaching staff. Ironically, SB got the opportunity because Flores was promoted which is in the spirit of giving minorities opportunities to advance.
Yes very true, when I mentioned the rooney rule meaning for HC opportunities for minorities.. how many HC jobs has frank Reich had? As opposed to Wilks? I know and understand very well the NFL owners all collude when it comes to $$$ so Cleary understand that.. they are a bunch of billionaires some are better than others.. RK is a class act and graceful owner who gets it!

Flores was on the staff over 10 years before he got promoted and that wasn't until Patricia left.. I understand BB Is great coach devoted his life to the game and has so many relationships with players, coaches ect.. I will never critique him for not giving minorities opportunities as he has!
it's just he needs to get this post brady patriots team back to winning and that starts with the players and the locker room.. keeping judge around all be it on the Giants dime isn't a good thing for the repore..

Ross, I believe it's the herald reporting that has everyone up in arms.. I'll Just say.. regardless we need to get back to winning.. of we go out and have another season like last then things like this will be brought up over and over.. however if we can win and show we are a contender again I guarantee this will never be mentioned.. just like when we're winning all those years you never heard anything about coaching aside from how great BB the coach was.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back