PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Judge 2023 role clarified

Joe Judge, introducing himself to players in 2023:

Not sure about assistant head coach, but the special teams part is what most of us were hoping for, given that he was staying on. My actual preference was for him to be gone altogether.

Report: Joe Judge will be Patriots' assistant head coach, work on special teams in 2023 - ProFootballTalk
I read this report also.. so if true then what is mayo? Assistant HC after the herald reports? Reports were he was more of a problem then Patricia...
Just some strange things.. so if true then then he'd still have some dealings with the offense.. ?..

Are we not sure it is Assistant to the Head Coach.

I'd like to know then what is Mayo?.. judges role seems to be Cleary defined...

Jerod Mayo is a terrible negotiator.

And after all the crap we've heard about Judge, he gets a promotion? The Pats are becoming one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL.

Gross that Judge has any role with the franchise whatsoever, though thoroughly unsurprising given Bill's history of nepotism. I'm ready to sound the alarm if a Mayo title is not also announced in short order. Feels like a continuation of the slow motion train wreck we've witnessed ever since the Judge/Patricia re-hirings were announced last spring.

And after all the crap we've heard about Judge, he gets a promotion? The Pats are becoming one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL.
Do you really think he's promoted? Really?

Not sure about assistant head coach, but the special teams part is what most of us were hoping for, given that he was staying on. My actual preference was for him to be gone altogether.

Report: Joe Judge will be Patriots' assistant head coach, work on special teams in 2023 - ProFootballTalk
Wait, Joe Judge will get the title of Assistant head coach for his utter failures last season? This is some kind of joke? Talk about failing upwards! Joe Judge was head coach of the Giants for two years and "led them" to a 10-23 record and consecutive 31st ranked offenses before getting fired and picked up by the Patriots. He was a key cog in the utter offensive failure of 2022... and now he gets promoted to 'assistant head coach' of the New England Patriots?? What incriminating photos or videos does this man have!!!? Did he catch BB visiting Mr. Kraft's massage parlor? :haha: Why are the Patriots rewarding this man for his failures?

Last edited:
Sounds like they softened the blow of him being reassigned to STs by giving him a loftier title.
Then they should have just named him Special Teams coach. This head coach assistant title sounds like a promotion upwards to me. And wasn't that the title we were supposed to give to Mayo to entice him to stay on with the Patriots?

Figurehead. C'mon man.
When it was believed Mayo was getting the AHC job, the board was giddy with delight about the potential promotion.
Suddenly, AHC is a figurehead position to be mocked

Happy Kamala Harris GIF by Joe Biden

This is the worst off season news I've heard with the team.. just when I was feeling optimistic about the upcoming season.. was this a power/tug of war decision between ownership and Bill?

If BOB comes back with full autonomy then I can keep JJ ?...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back