PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JJ Watt our for the year

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He may want to think about following Gronk’s lead. That’s a lot of bad injuries. Wish him well in his recovery.

Almost asked where did we get the cap room.

Steroids are a helluva drug :D
(too soon? I actually have mad respect for his game)

Last edited:
Such a shame as he is such a talent. Hopefully he comes back next year healthy.

Wow, what a shocker. Sad to hear, hate to see great players out with injuries.

Why does he get so many injuries? come to think of it, I have never heard Suh ever injured. What does he do differently? Is it his style of play? Too reckless in how he dives into tackles?

I hope he comes back but it's weird this year, I've rarely heard his name in the media.

Fresh off JJ Watts 7th season ending injury, the Patriots have traded second round pick for Watt

He may want to think about following Gronk’s lead. That’s a lot of bad injuries. Wish him well in his recovery.

For me, this feels more like Watt will follow Andrew Luck's example more than than Gronk. With Gronk, he saw the writing on the wall but pulled one Super Bowl winning season out of the proverbial hat before accepting the limitations of his body. Watt is more like Luck in the sense that the frustration will likely lead to him just throwing up his hands and retiring.

Who knows, though. Watt can come back from this injury if he can overcome a mountain of frustration. If he does make a go of it, I suspect we'll see the Texans release him during the offeseason and a team sign him on a one year "prove it" deal. I wouldn't mind the Patriots rolling the dice on him if this scenario comes to pass, as Watt could be great in a rotation where he doesn't get as many reps. But he's done as a regular starter unless you're crazy.

Why does he get so many injuries? come to think of it, I have never heard Suh ever injured. What does he do differently? Is it his style of play? Too reckless in how he dives into tackles?

I’m sure genetics plays the largest part here.

Steroids are a helluva drug :D
(too soon? I actually have mad respect for his game)
I hate to say it but that was my first thought too. You see it with some of these guys who’s bodies start to wear down and fall apart ala Shawne Merriman, David Boston.

Really unfortunate. One of the real good guys in the league.

Or the gronk mindset. Go hard on every play. Leave it all on the field. Leads to more injuries.

Shouldn't this be labeled "OT"?

Needs to follow TB12 Method.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back