PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JJ out for the season

I hear you but these aren't the dynasty Patriots. This is a team that splurges $300M on free agent contracts, $160M guaranteed, and benches players who are good and plays bad players due to other reasons (like being a 1st round draft bust , or pure idiocy reasons).
Maybe they can try N'Keal Harry at CB?:excited:

One of the names that I was thinking about for the Pats, well, guess that's not happening now.

or trading for someone, their depth at the position sucks.
In likely a three-year plan to get back to playoffs, doubtful they will expend significant capital to get a replacement of the type people around here expect (i.e. a shutdown corner) unless its someone signed longer term (especially as they are still against the cap). Otherwise expect what they've already done - free agent visits and call ups.

Was about to say that same thing. Gilmore's coming back when he has to, it looks like - week 11, I believe, which will pay him $1m/game this year, or, in the very top echelon of CBs.

Hate that it happened this way,a dn I think they might make a run at a playoff spot with him, but how much would it have really cost them?
Who might make a playoff run with him? Patriots or panthers?

Jones is the only cb that never gets an easy game. Because he is fast, he is automatically tasked with covering the Hills of the world. Rest up buddy.

Cb Poole that we brought in last week does pretty well covering in the slot.

I wonder why we did not sign him?

I hear you but these aren't the dynasty Patriots. This is a team that splurges $300M on free agent contracts, $160M guaranteed, and benches players who are good and plays bad players due to other reasons (like being a 1st round draft bust , or pure idiocy reasons).
Apparently this still isn't the team that pays a 31 year old CB coming off a major injury top of the market money.

Pretty clearly we didn't keep a big hole in our cap to do a major spend on him going forward, so it only ever was going to be he came back and honored his contract or we were going to cut him.

I suppose we could have pushed that money into the future and use the voidable years trick, but we can see they chose not to do so.

Well, it is time for JoeJuan Williams' final exam, IMO. Do or die time.

And I like Miles Bryant....the kid just makes plays.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back