PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Caldwell = Terrible Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "What were they thinking" thread every Monday would be entertaining. Since I don't have nfl ticket, I watched the 49er game and there was a bonehead play by Nate Clements that could have sealed the game. Makes a great interception, then tries to get into the endzone without securing the ball. Ball gets stripped, other team gets ball back (like Troy Brown against SD a few years back). First of all, you're better off if you don't score right away in that scenario, sf had a 1 point lead so a score would give you an 8 point lead and the other team gets the ball back with time left to tie the game with a 2pt conversion. If he allows himself to be tackled at the 10 yd line, the niners have themselves a win instead of a loss. A win is not guaranteed because Atl had 3 timeouts and sf would have a 4 pt lead, but the chances of a win were pretty good. At the very least, look how he's holding the ball out away from his body, and he slowed up a little to let his blockers get in position, how do you not feel tacklers coming up from behind you.

Can't wait to see the Colts in the post-Manning era. I'm 48. In my lifetime I've never seen a franchise carried by one guy for so long. Polian will be scurrying out of town like a rat jumping off of a ship when Manning retires. We give Manning grief for his post-season record. And, he deserves it. But, in the regular season. He really is the best qb I've ever seen. I'd rather have the 3 Super Bowls TB has led us to. But, Manning is ridiculously good. Even better under pressure. In the reg. season.

Agreed. Manning leading them to that tying touchdown was remarkable. It's almost as if he can't be stopped unless someone else on his team makes a mistake. But I think it almost goes without saying that the Patriots will be better without Brady than the Colts will without Manning once both QBs are done (assuming BB still is head coach). Manning is that whole team.

Jack Del Rio es even worse. He gets saved by Garrard, but he reallyof t sucks . Go for the game men! He was really afraid , IDK why . In a OT is a coin toss , if Indy wins the toss you lose, and if you win the toss, you ll prob have the same field position . For his luck, Scobee make an insane play . MAMAMAMANNNING FACE

I didn't think it was so bad what McNabb did. In fact, the announcers were critical of him for doing it, but he had very little space right there for a slide, if he went down he was going to get hit. IMO, I'd rather my QB go out of bounds then risk him getting injured especially after a crucial first down.

McNabb easily had the first down and the opportunity to slide inbounds. He made a very poor play. He only gets hit if he waits until the last possible moment.

McNabb made a mental mistake; it happens. I remember a little incident about tie games...

Jack Del Rio es even worse. He gets saved by Garrard, but he reallyof t sucks . Go for the game men! He was really afraid , IDK why . In a OT is a coin toss , if Indy wins the toss you lose, and if you win the toss, you ll prob have the same field position . For his luck, Scobee make an insane play . MAMAMAMANNNING FACE

well..did you see the play before the half ? the jags had the ball for 2+ mins and didnt cross midfield.

Agreed. Manning leading them to that tying touchdown was remarkable. It's almost as if he can't be stopped unless someone else on his team makes a mistake. But I think it almost goes without saying that the Patriots will be better without Brady than the Colts will without Manning once both QBs are done (assuming BB still is head coach). Manning is that whole team.

he is usually on the money for tying touchdowns but he really shouldve been picked off on 2nd and 10 play of the drive. the corner had the ball in his hands and bobbled it for a few seconds and dropped it.
Of course none of the highlights show it instead showing the gerrard near miss int at the end of the game..

He was a complete moron to call that timeout after the Jags gained 8 on first down to the 31. Short of a turnover, with 36 seconds left there is just no way whatsoever the Colts get the ball back in regulation with decent field position to kick a winning FG, even if they stop Jax on the next 2 plays. If the Jags are inside their own 20, that's another story... but 2nd and 2 on the 31, you let the clock run.

Of course, the media is giving him a completely free pass. The subject of black head coaches is still a very sensitive one so they all scared bleep-less to criticize him since nobody wants to be seen as racist.

If Belichick did it, it would be the #1 story in the sports world for the rest of the month and he would be absolutely harpooned from all sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents