PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets to ring the Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be a bad addition to the team tbh. Young QB on a rookie deal. Needs some weapons to work with and a balanced offense. Guy's a diva when it comes to money but there doesn't seem to be problems outside of that

It wouldn't be a bad addition to the team tbh. Young QB on a rookie deal. Needs some weapons to work with and a balanced offense. Guy's a diva when it comes to money but there doesn't seem to be problems outside of that
Close to 30 and a ton of cap
If they get Brown and we don't have Flowers I'm a little scared of that

Close to 30 and a ton of cap
If they get Brown and we don't have Flowers I'm a little scared of that
I'm 100% shooting blind on this one but the Jets probably have the luxury of signing high cap players, so that's not really a big concern. He's a great RB to have (especially with a year of rest) for young QB to checkdown to and rely on in the running game.

I guess my point is, if we had a rookie QB and the cap room to do it without handcuffing our team, I wouldn't mind him

ETA: And no good RBs especially a dual threat RB

I'm 100% shooting blind on this one but the Jets probably have the luxury of signing high cap players, so that's not really a big concern. He's a great RB to have (especially with a year of rest) for young QB to checkdown to and rely on in the running game.

I guess my point is, if we had a rookie QB and the cap room to do it without handcuffing our team, I wouldn't mind him

ETA: And no good RBs especially a dual threat RB

Signing high cap players isn’t really a luxury.

If I was the praying type, I'd be praying for this.

A great receiving RB catching 90+ balls would dramatically help Darnold, as well as Anderson, Enunwa and Herdon.

The Jets have over $100m in cap space available. So, yeah, they do have the luxury of signing some high cap players.

Semantics here. I think it is foolish to do so, unless the player is actually worth that type of money (and not just among the best of a very narrow set of players making up FA.). So you’re right, but I’m just assuming the Jets are going to Jet and make huge mistakes by overspending “because they can” like in the past.

Semantics here. I think it is foolish to do so, unless the player is actually worth that type of money (and not just among the best of a very narrow set of players making up FA.). So you’re right, but I’m just assuming the Jets are going to Jet and make huge mistakes by overspending “because they can” like in the past.
I'll choose to believe once Leveon gets his guaranteed money he will have the best season in his career.
In Madden 2020
He's going to smoke and eat himself into a more timid Jerome Bettis.

Jets Are Favorites for Le’Veon

LMFAO hope they give him over 15 million a season and he eats himself another 20 pounds heavier.
Can’t value Bell as just a running back..because he could easily be a #2 WR as well based on passing game skills...so the versatility commands a premium if a OC can use it to create mismatches.

Steelers yards per carry increased from 3.8 in 2017 with Bell to 4.2 in 2018 without and their top 2 RB's actually had more receiving yards combined and a higher average per catch than Bell and their #2 in 2017 (no real backup RB used in pass game in 2017) And the Steelers have had a strong OL both years. If the Jets want to pay top dollar for Bell with all the guarantees he is allegedly looking for that would be great for the Pats in my opinion. Another division team chasing the shiny object.

I am calm with Bell being the Jet with OL unit they have right now. If they do not bolster that formation they would finish the season at the bottom of the league like they did last season.

I am calm with Bell being the Jet with OL unit they have right now. If they do not bolster that formation they would finish the season at the bottom of the league like they did last season.

It would seem extremely unlikely they don't spend some resources on the online.

They've already made some cuts.

I'm expecting 2 signed free agents on the oline, and perhaps a decent investment in the draft. Especially if they trade back.

I'll choose to believe once Leveon gets his guaranteed money he will have the best season in his career.
In Madden 2020
He's going to smoke and eat himself into a more timid Jerome Bettis.

Huge payday plus you get January off! That's what the Jets have to offer. That selling point should attract exactly the sort of players they need to turn things around.

It would seem extremely unlikely they don't spend some resources on the online.

They've already made some cuts.

I'm expecting 2 signed free agents on the oline, and perhaps a decent investment in the draft. Especially if they trade back.

You guys could probably get Waddle for $15m per.

I would welcome the Jets buying Bell's services. He turned down 5@$14 from the Steelers. He wants 6@$17. Give it to him, Jests!
That's precisely the kind of investment in a low durability, easily injured skill position that we want other teams to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft