PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets RIP OFF Daniel Snyder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most Jet fans realized that the situation with Kendall was only going to get worse, Tangini was not going to renegotiate. Kendall used the only leverage he had, which was to ***** and moan to the media and not give full effort in practice.
Kendall was a team captain and helped Brick and Mangold out alot last year, he is a very smart player who is also a little undersized. The bad snaps were mistakes, he would never put his teamates in harms way intentionaly, should of never been in the game in the 4th (huge disrespect by Tangini). Kendal saw the FA sighnings and wanted to renegotiate with 3 years left on a 4 year deal, Kendall was unable to prove that Tangini ever said anything about giving him more $ this year.

Losing Kendall sure hurts the Jets as far as leadership and depth goes, but face it the guy is 35 and well past his prime, servicable, versatile, yes, but by no means above average.

A 4th or a 5th, is great value for Kendall.

I am not so sure that Tangini does not have a plan to replace him, time will tell, there is already talk that the Jets are intersted in picking up another vet guard IE Keydrick Vincent of the Ravens.

Sorry for the rambling post.

NFL.com Posted the Conditions {4th or 5th}

If Pete plays 80% of the offensive snaps in 2007, it's a 4th RD Pick in 2009

If Pete plays less than 80% of the offensive snaps in 2007, it's a 5th RD Pick in 2008

So basically if Pete stays healthy it's a 4 in 09, and if Pete gets hurt it's a 5 in 08

Why do you care so much? The patriots have assembled the greatest team the NFL has ever seen according to all you fans since 2001, they are going 16-0. Was Pete kendall suppose to somehow derail the greatest team in the history of sports?

This is a truly useless, obnoxious, straw-man post. As someone here who agrees with your position on the deal, it falls to me to tell you, armed with the greatest sense of objectivity, that that, sir, is a lame, feeble post.

Last edited:
As I said before, let's keep Snyder and Gibbs on speed-dial. We've got OL to burn.

Keep TANGINI on speed dial.
They can either flip us that conditional 4th/5th for Mruc
... or take their chances that he slides to them down the waiver wire.

If they twist our arm, mebbe they get Yates.

Really, taking Kendall out of that lineup is just begging BB to throw every kind of exotic blitz package he can dream up at that replacement who has very little chance of picking it up. Good news for the Pats on week 1. Every little bit helps against a tough division rival on the road. Grazi Tangini!

I can't believe the Jets are going with Bender at OG, they will bring someone in via trade or off the cut list.

Bender may or may not be a great prospect, but he still has to develop. He didn't know anything about pass-blocking in college, and he is jumping to an elite level. He is going to get confused at time, and that will get your QB killed.

The only reason Bender is playing is because Clarke has shown he isn't any good. There is a reason Clarke was out of football a year ago.

They have to bring someone in.

They are waiting for Mruczkoski to be cut.

I can't believe the Jets are going with Bender at OG, they will bring someone in via trade or off the cut list.

Bender may or may not be a great prospect, but he still has to develop. He didn't know anything about pass-blocking in college, and he is jumping to an elite level. He is going to get confused at time, and that will get your QB killed.

The only reason Bender is playing is because Clarke has shown he isn't any good. There is a reason Clarke was out of football a year ago.

They have to bring someone in.

I don't know what to do when I read stuff like this. Shaking my head, rolling my eyes - it all seems so...not enough. You have GOT to be kidding me. You guys do know that Kendall is a 35-year old with baulky knees who is being beaten out by SCRUBS in jets camp and complaining all the while, don't you?

Pete Kendall is a 34 year old veteran lineman who was NOT being beaten out by scrubs in the Jets camp. Kendall was, arguably, their best lineman last year behind Mangold. Kendall CAN and has played all 3 interior positions. So, I don't know where you get that he's not versatile. However, CENTER is not his natural position and his being put there was intentional by Mangini as a sign of disrespect.

Mangini clearly disrespected Kendall after Kendall asked for a modest pay increase by putting him in the rookie dorm. Mangini also put Kendall on the 3rd squad from the start of camp because Mangini knew that Kendall wasn't going to be there long term. Kendall not moving up was a reflection of Mangini's bias and not Kendall's play.

Last edited:
Mangini clearly disrespected Kendall after Kendall asked for a modest pay increase by putting him in the rookie dorm. Mangini also put Kendall on the 3rd squad from the start of camp because Mangini knew that Kendall wasn't going to be there long term. Kendall not moving up was a reflection of Mangini's bias and not Kendall's play.

Mangini would not have been so willing to play the "bias" card that you are absolutely, positively CONVINCED is definitely the case if Kendall was as deeply valuable as you obviously consider him to be.

Mangini would not have been so willing to play the "bias" card that you are absolutely, positively CONVINCED is definitely the case if Kendall was as deeply valuable as you obviously consider him to be.

Are you sure about that? Mangini is clearly egotistical and Kendall having a beef with the team is a threat to Mangini's authority. An egotistical person does it to send a message, not only to Kendall, but to the rest of the team that NO ONE is above being reprimanded, rightly or wrongly. And in this case, its my opinion, that it was wrongly.

Listen, patsox23. You are entitled to your opinion. However, you clearly over-reacted and didn't look at the whole story. Others did and didn't see it your way. You have a choice. You can keep holding on to the opinion you started with or you can decide that what others have said has merit and change it. Either way, its your choice.

They are waiting for Mruczkoski to be cut.

What is this, Marquis of Borges Rules?

Keep TANGINI on speed dial.
They can either flip us that conditional 4th/5th for Mruc
... or take their chances that he slides to them down the waiver wire.

If they twist our arm, mebbe they get Yates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back