Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Forecast HIGH of 14 degrees, winds at 12 mph. d%#*!@t, it seems the older I get the harder it is to stay warm at these things. Sunday I bundled up pretty heavily and still got chilled -- was outdoors about six hours including tailgating. No tailgating next week, that's a given, but cannot miss seeing the accursed Jete get spanked and cry icicles.

Yeah, tailgating was cold on Sunday, and it was alright while the sun was out in the first and second quarter...but it was freezing balls the rest of the time.

14 degrees? Yeah, **** that...

I'll be there.

1347844,twfuS4tPPG706OcVbNpW1pZ5p_Vno74ZQTb2VWkhGliGqX42JuFh34AhEvoXE_vtQSFs%20b87AXiTQEXCn3AC3Q==.jpg

Yeah, tailgating was cold on Sunday, and it was alright while the sun was out in the first and second quarter...but it was freezing balls the rest of the time.

14 degrees? Yeah, **** that...

I went to the Pats vs Titans Divisional playoff game in the 2003 season. I think it was 3 degrees. Before I would get back to my seats the beer I bought was freezing into ice.
The Wind Chill must have been 0 -5 degrees.

Forecast HIGH of 14 degrees, winds at 12 mph. d%#*!@t, it seems the older I get the harder it is to stay warm at these things. Sunday I bundled up pretty heavily and still got chilled -- was outdoors about six hours including tailgating. No tailgating next week, that's a given, but cannot miss seeing the accursed Jete get spanked and cry icicles.
I find if I get off the couch, and turn the thermostat up on the way to the fridge for a cold one works pretty good.

Or grab a finely knit, Ralph Lauren sweater whilst choosing a vintage Merlot , seems to take the chill off a bit.

The remote gets a little cool to touch at times, but it is winter. LOL;)

..Seriously tho, that is some cold weather.
But, I can't feel too sorry for you, because I wish I could be there.

I find the cold, getting COLDER, as I get OLDER too.
It's real. It sux.

Hope you can bundle up enough survive....
it's good to know you'll be there, making some noise!
Enjoy

Last edited:
Just the way I like it!

For us here in Maine, the current forecast is for temperatures to stay in the single digits from this Wednesday afternoon through next Wednesday afternoon. And that's on the coast (somewhat colder inland).

This is already shaping up to be the coldest start to winter we've had here in at least a decade. Liking the fact that we've had enough snow cover to protect the plants in my gardens.

For Sunday,we're forecast to start out at -5f and ramp up to a sweltering high of +2f before cooling off to -7f by Monday morning.

Needless to say, our cat is seriously pissed off and being very vocal about our need to "FIX IT!!"

I would love to know our record under these type of conditions at home.

We are 20-6 in the BB era when the temperature is below freezing, but if the temperature stays as predicted, it will be the coldest game they've played in.

Edit: Whoops, that was only applicable to regular season. 30-8 including playoffs, and 2 games colder in the playoffs (2003 playoffs against Titans, thanks @aluminum seats and @PlanB , as well as 2004 playoffs against Steelers).

Last edited:
Should be Mo Wilkerson's last game before getting cut as a cap casualty in the offseason. Makes one wonder if he's even going to show up. Or the rest of the Jete for that matter. Maybe the Jete will give you a big thrill and start Christian Hackenberg?

I like watching these games
I was just thinking during the game last night that there haven't been very many games affected by weather this year.

Should be Mo Wilkerson's last game before getting cut as a cap casualty in the offseason. Makes one wonder if he's even going to show up. Or the rest of the Jete for that matter. Maybe the Jete will give you a big thrill and start Christian Hackenberg?
I think the Jets are benching Mo for the rest of the season. If he gets hurt his money next year is guaranteed or something. And he's a malcontent scheduled to be cut.

The 2009 Ravens playoff game was cold. Woke up in the hotel and it was -2. Think it was single digits at kickoff.

The 2009 Ravens playoff game was cold. Woke up in the hotel and it was -2. Think it was single digits at kickoff.
I think the Tennessee playoff game from years ago was coldest of the BB era. IIRC it was 1 degree at kickoff.

This may prove to really matter. Some of the Jets may show up ready to play, just for personal pride, but by the second half, in those temps, that pride will give way to survival instinct. Could be repeat of the Buffalo game, score-wise.

Given that you represent us long distance fans at the games, and have for years, I'm happy to contribute to a Go Fund Me if you need some new thermal gear. Just post the link.

Is there such a thing as a "beer warmer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore