PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo's Lost Dog - RIP 'Knox'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how the dog died?

I read the article, shocking I know, and it didn't go over any speculation or whatever about it, so I just assumed the dog died while in this person's care, probably from getting hit by a car or something, and she lied to cover it up. I didn't even think about the idea that it had died from neglect like dehydration...

Yea the article never mentioned that, but they're doing an autopsy and could potentially press more charges if they discover any form of abuse or neglect

Sick, sick stuff

Yea the article never mentioned that, but they're doing an autopsy and could potentially press more charges if they discover any form of abuse or neglect

Sick, sick stuff

I believe the technical term is dogtopsy.

Have you never tried to hide a corpse in a closet before?

I actually have very little closet space.

However, I'm a professional gardener with a woodchipper and several large compost piles.

I actually have very little closet space.

However, I'm a professional gardener with a woodchipper and several large compost piles.

Say...uh....the next time you happen to be doing a job up in Prouts Neck maybe you could do us all a little favor.

giphy.gif

Have you never tried to hide a corpse in a closet before?

No need to hide a body when there's an entire ocean readily available to dispose of it.
If anyone did harm to our dog they'd simply go 'overboard' somewhere past the 100 fathom curve. There is no punishment the criminal justice system can mete out that is adequate to what Mayo's family was put through.

I'm brought close to many instances of animal cruelty and neglect on a regular basis. This includes routinely chatting with animal control and animal law enforcement officers about their cases. My experience might be useful to those for whom contact with these stories is less frequent.

Trying to make sense of it, I've started dividing the perpetrators into two categories:
- Those who have some kind of developmental problem with empathy, which translates into being able to inflict pain on the helpless. This strikes me as a disability. They just aren't all there, in the way that we typically define being human.
- Those with a mental health issue that causes them to live in a different reality than the one around them. Often, they can love the animal one minute, and inflict pain the next. They are all there, but just different parts of them are in command at different times.

This covers about 95% of what I've heard over the years.

I've also tried to stop being hateful towards the criminals. This means quickly working through the anger, grief, and disappointment each time I hear one of these stories with discipline and intention. It isn't easy, but necessary or else I'd be wrapped up in this stuff for hours, instead of minutes, and not doing anyone much good.

The animal cops are often remarkable people. Be nice to them!

I'm brought close to many instances of animal cruelty and neglect on a regular basis. This includes routinely chatting with animal control and animal law enforcement officers about their cases. My experience might be useful to those for whom contact with these stories is less frequent.

Trying to make sense of it, I've started dividing the perpetrators into two categories:
- Those who have some kind of developmental problem with empathy, which translates into being able to inflict pain on the helpless. This strikes me as a disability. They just aren't all there, in the way that we typically define being human.
- Those with a mental health issue that causes them to live in a different reality than the one around them. Often, they can love the animal one minute, and inflict pain the next. They are all there, but just different parts of them are in command at different times.

This covers about 95% of what I've heard over the years.

I've also tried to stop being hateful towards the criminals. This means quickly working through the anger, grief, and disappointment each time I hear one of these stories with discipline and intention. It isn't easy, but necessary or else I'd be wrapped up in this stuff for hours, instead of minutes, and not doing anyone much good.

The animal cops are often remarkable people. Be nice to them!
So many issues are direct results of developmental problems. It is unlikely for a kid coming from a healthy family to be a animal abuser. He\She has proper ways to deal with pressure and setbacks. They do not need to feel strong by hurting something or someone much weaker than they are.

Shxty parents breed shxty parents. It takes a miracle to stop this vicious circle. People do not grow up to be good parents; they do not even grow up to be healthy human beings. I wish there is a lot more parental education and family problem intervention worldwide. I guess people do not like to talk about this type of problems because it is as personal as it gets. There is a growing awareness in the U.S. but still not fast enough.

There’s a special place in Hell for anyone who kills dogs.

Amazing that folks still enable this behavior, as seen by this thread. Can’t say I’m surprised given it is New England, and the consensus belief system is f**ked completely for most issues at hand.

This story also hits home with me (as I'm sure it does all animal lovers).

I have a cat named "Elliot", he's two years old and I've had him since he was a couple months old. He was living in my ex-girlfriend's car engine when he was a month or two old, and despite her efforts to lure him inside he was ultimately too skittish. Eventually, one night a thunderstorm was coming (this all occurred during late-June of 2016) and he, seemingly instinctively sensing the storm, wandered onto her front porch and she managed to get him in.

I saw him a day or two later, he was skin and bones, had an infected eye, and looked like he was dying to me; I wasn't sure he'd make it. But with food, a climate-controlled home and a lot of TLC he made it. By the time my ex and I separated I was paying for the cost of his care and he was living in my apartment, so I kept him (and would've put up a helluva fight had she protested -- fortunately she didn't).

We're best buds nows. He responds with a chorus of 'meows' to the phrase "who's hungry?" and "who wants a treat?". He turns his head at the call of his name, and will follow me from room-to-room much like a dog. He's the only cat I've ever met in my life who's more attached to people than places, and who is so socially engaged and dependent. I feel really lucky to have him.

When I read stories like this it cuts really deep. Just takes a little empathy and compassion to imagine if that dog was one of my own and the level of pain I'd feel. Not to mention a general level of compassion for an innocent animal suffering like that. They give us the truest and most unadulterated form of unconditional love we can possibly know.

Sending my thoughts and well-wishes to the Mayo family tonight. Just brutal, especially for his kids.

Below are a couple pictures of Elliot. The first was a few days after his rescue, the latter was taken in November of last year.

fSs1s.jpg

fSzYH.jpg

BHeHIbu

BHeHIbu

Thought the story about the trainer taking the dog from Cranston to Wrentham for a walk and then this "lumbering breed wandered off was suspicious from the onset, not sure how this woman expected anyone to believe her story, but apparently some did..

Then to put a dead animal in a garbage bag in her closet only point to some sort of psychiatric issue, but it seems every other night there are similar types of stories about pets.. not sure as a forever pet owner if I am overly sensitized to these stories or if this type of thing always happened, but were reported on less..

Without regard this dog meant a lot to the Mayo family, and now everything shifts to their grief... not sure what the penalty for Obstruction of Justice(misdemeanor) is, but minimally they should not allow this woman to ever possess a pet...

This story also hits home with me (as I'm sure it does all animal lovers).

I have a cat named "Elliot", he's two years old and I've had him since he was a couple months old. He was living in my ex-girlfriend's car engine when he was a month or two old, and despite her efforts to lure him inside he was ultimately too skittish. Eventually, one night a thunderstorm was coming (this all occurred during late-June of 2016) and he, seemingly instinctively sensing the storm, wandered onto her front porch and she managed to get him in.

I saw him a day or two later, he was skin and bones, had an infected eye, and looked like he was dying to me; I wasn't sure he'd make it. But with food, a climate-controlled home and a lot of TLC he made it. By the time my ex and I separated I was paying for the cost of his care and he was living in my apartment, so I kept him (and would've put up a helluva fight had she protested -- fortunately she didn't).

We're best buds nows. He responds with a chorus of 'meows' to the phrase "who's hungry?" and "who wants a treat?". He turns his head at the call of his name, and will follow me from room-to-room much like a dog. He's the only cat I've ever met in my life who's more attached to people than places, and who is so socially engaged and dependent. I feel really lucky to have him.

When I read stories like this it cuts really deep. Just takes a little empathy and compassion to imagine if that dog was one of my own and the level of pain I'd feel. Not to mention a general level of compassion for an innocent animal suffering like that. They give us the truest and most unadulterated form of unconditional love we can possibly know.

Sending my thoughts and well-wishes to the Mayo family tonight. Just brutal, especially for his kids.

Below are a couple pictures of Elliot. The first was a few days after his rescue, the latter was taken in November of last year.

fSs1s.jpg

fSzYH.jpg

BHeHIbu

BHeHIbu
At least one of his lives has been great thanks to you.

He looks quick, too.

There’s a special place in Hell for anyone who kills dogs.

Amazing that folks still enable this behavior, as seen by this thread. Can’t say I’m surprised given it is New England, and the consensus belief system is f**ked completely for most issues at hand.

The second paragraph confuses me. Who's enabling? There's more consensus outrage here than when a person gets killed.

fSzYH.jpg

BHeHIbu

BHeHIbu

I love all animals but I will never ever trust a cat.

Which reminds me, if I may go on a tangent here. The most annoying thing someone can tell me pet-related is that they own an outdoor cat. You don't "own" an outdoor cat you just know a cat that every now and then comes by for food then ****s right off. Hate em. One second they're all cute and rubbing on your leg the next they're chewing your toe off. Cats are the devil. I don't trust them or cat owners

I love all animals but I will never ever trust a cat.

Which reminds me, if I may go on a tangent here. The most annoying thing someone can tell me pet-related is that they own an outdoor cat. You don't "own" an outdoor cat you just know a cat that every now and then comes by for food then ****s right off. Hate em. One second they're all cute and rubbing on your leg the next they're chewing your toe off. Cats are the devil. I don't trust them or cat owners
Oh, yeah, you ever try to pet a goose?

Oh, yeah, you ever try to pet a goose?
Thing about geese is they don't fake it. You know you'll get ****ed up by one, no bones about it! They're honest creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back