PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo on PFW in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilfork#75

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I just listened to Jerod Mayo on PFW in Progress on Patriots.com Radio and I suggest you check it out. There wasn't any groundbreaking information, but you certainly see what a cool and funny guy he is. He is an extremely likable and seems really down to earth, and I'm certainly glad he is a Patriot. So if you are interested, check him out on the PFW in Progress podcast on Patriots.com when they upload it later this afternoon.

I just listened to Jerod Mayo on PFW in Progress on Patriots.com Radio and I suggest you check it out. There wasn't any groundbreaking information, but you certainly see what a cool and funny guy he is. He is an extremely likable and seems really down to earth, and I'm certainly glad he is a Patriot. So if you are interested, check him out on the PFW in Progress podcast on Patriots.com when they upload it later this afternoon.

FYI, Anthony Gonzalez also provided an interview last week, and he came off as quite intelligent, though how that'll translate on the field, I have no clue.

In general, PFW in Progress can be quite a barrel of laughs with some of their idiotic arguments, worth a listen for those who haven't ever heard the show.

They peruse these boards, so Andy Hart, if you're reading this, you're a douche. :p

-Jamman

Last edited:
FYI, Anthony Gonzalez also provided an interview last week, and he came off as quite intelligent

Isn't he a member of MENSA? They're generally smart people :p

I like Mayo, all you want in a human being, he seems too nice to be a Linebacker. They are supposed to be mean.

I love Mayo, and a big fan of PFW in Progress. Has anyone been to the fan site forum PFWinProgress.com? There’s a lot of funny stuff!

Very wacky show, here’s a good limerick from the fan site about Fred Kirsh, editor of Patriots Football Weekly:

Fred’s daft dreams can sometimes alarm me
The Gino dream was pretty balmy
But that's what's in his head
When just right before bed
He's up Googling Brett Favre’s salami

There's more here:
http://pfwinprogress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1632&start=40

Last edited:
Here, Here Mikey, I hope they get Spikes on the show too, but wonder if Fred will divulge his web browsing habits to him?

With that Mayo there’s a lot to like
I hope they talk to the other mike
It would be a good show
Would it be apropos
For Fred to say he saw Brendan’s Spike?

In general, PFW in Progress can be quite a barrel of laughs with some of their idiotic arguments, worth a listen for those who haven't ever heard the show.

They peruse these boards, so Andy Hart, if you're reading this, you're a douche. :p

-Jamman

I don't listen to them (tried, and found them unlistenable - too much inconsequential yukking, I don't have time for that).

I do know they are obsessed with this site and are on it quite a bit.

Last edited:
It’s an acquired taste, like scotch – may have to hold your nose the first few times until you get to know the characters. I listen to the podcast in the background in the car, etc. I find it funny, but not for everyone. I take little seriously in life, even football, except when watching the games.

Shining the light brightly for the Hampton Roads area (his hometown), home to other, less savory NFL stars, such as Plaxico Burress, Michael Vick, Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, and DeAngelo Hall.

Maybe Ras-I Dowling (another HR native) can do it too.

At the combine they’ll put on a show
full of beasts, not like boring May-o
But Pats fans should beware
The next L.T. we snare
Could be a a Vernon Gholston shmow!

Mayo is boring in that he doesn’t register eye-popping sack and FF stats. He’s a very good solid player unlike the fools’ gold that Gholston turned out to be. In hindsight I’d take a “boring” Mayo over a Gholston but on draft day who looked like the playmaking game-changer? I would have taken the bait, but Bill doesn’t swing for the fences like that and the Jets beat him to it anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back