PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaws mouths off

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonderry

On the Roster
Reaction score
My apologies if this was posted already, I did a search but didn't find it.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Randy Moss revisited. Jaworski had been critical of Moss after watching his performance against the Eagles Nov. 25. He was asked if his thoughts have changed. “I had watched all the Patriots games offensively, and after the first 10 games, I saw a Randy Moss I had never seen before, he was busting his tail on every play. Then the Philly game I saw a handful of plays in which I thought he did not give the maximum effort. It caused a stir, and my thought was that the eye in the sky doesn’t lie. I know the standard in New England is high -- it has to be 100 percent every play. I was going to do a follow up if it came up the next week, but it did not. Clearly, he got the message [from the team]. Since then, he's picked it up.”

Thanks Jaws, really appreciate you pointing that out so Randy could work on it. Had it not been for your eagle eye, Randy's season might've tanked!
:rolleyes:

But this little bit of info was new to me:
He pointed out that Patriots QB Tom Brady took 75 percent of his snaps in the shotgun. … According to his film work, Brady was blitzed more than any other quarterback this year. …

So, does that mean Jaworski reviewed tape of every single quarterback? and counted every single blitz for every single snap?

Sounds pretty fair overall. Regarding the Baltimore game and running at Thomas, keep in mind that it was the first game since Colvin got hurt; although Thomas had played outside for us and had been hurt getting Seau and Bruschi together full time in the middle, it was the first game with the Vrabel, Seau, Bruschi, Thomas alignment full time.

That 75% of his snaps from the shotgun can't be right? Can it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST