PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Whitlock column

Status
Not open for further replies.
FROM THE ARTICLE: "7. It is absolutely criminal that this game isn't on NBC's Sunday Night Football.

Seriously, this game deserves to be called by Al Michaels and John Madden, and the whole nation should have a chance to watch it in primetime."

AGREED.. but...

When will everyone understand that CBS has played nice for the last four meetings between these teams. They want this game too! They want and need the ad revenue from this. I think the NFL did a damn good job of clearing the way for this game to be as close to a national MNF or SNF game as possible.

It's not a game! It's a multi-billion dollar business. Do business people "ease up" on their competitors? Do lawyers in the courtroom "ease up" on their opponents? If you're opponent is struggling, you crush him. People on the top of any profession have a bullseye on them - football is no different. The Pats can handle it. It is up to the other teams to determine whether they want to face the consequences of intentionally injuring players on other teams. In, the case of the Patriots, it might be the only way to beat them.

I agree with not having to ease up on a competitor. What I don't agree with is taking a cheap shot at someone because you are losing a game. If a lawyer in a courtroom doesn't like the answer from a witness, he can't punch the witness in the face. This is a multi-billion dollar "entertainment" business. It's not life or death. There is no need to purposely injure someone because you are a sore loser.
Also, the people that bought tickets to the game aren't there to watch the Pats start taking it easy in the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes