PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Landry says "We're gonna win. It's just that simple. We're gonna win."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks genius

42685192-colorful-sticky-notes-on-cork-bulletin-board.jpg

Well then, I hope he's "miked up" just like our last over-confident opponent. That worked out real well! (for ESPN, anyway...).

Keep dreaming Jarvis,keep dreaming.

The whole "bulletin-board material" concept is ridiculous to me. It's just a silly cliche, up there with nonsense like "trap game".

I'm supposed to believe that professional athletes -- guys that do this for a living, make giant sacrifices, go through extreme displays of discipline and regimented training -- magically find extra motivation because of a flippant, off-hand comment that someone makes before a game?

Give me a ****ing break. If stuff like this actually makes a difference in motivation, then I'd be concerned about my coaching staff, because my players shouldn't need outside sources to draw from.

(And yeah, I get it. Players claim this is fuel. Players also believe in silly superstitions, and think that praying to God is going to influence games .)

Jarvis Landry...Genius

just NOT on this planet

Probably Landry remembers well how he humiliated Pats' secondary and deposed the whole Pats' organisation as a member of almighty Dolphins.

I'm supposed to believe that professional athletes -- guys that do this for a living, make giant sacrifices, go through extreme displays of discipline and regimented training -- magically find extra motivation because of a flippant, off-hand comment that someone makes before a game?

Why is that hard to believe? There's a difference in the motivation level between a professional doing his job, and the situation becoming personal. Landry potentially made it personal.

These guys are professionals, not robots. An emotional reason to squeeze the last drop out of themselves will often lead to more production on the field. It's not that they're dogging, if you want an engineering analogy it's the difference between operating at full efficiency and operating at full capacity. Professionals operate at full efficiency if they do their jobs, but there's always that little bit more they can give when they're 100% in the groove. There always is. There has to be. No one can live on the redline forever.

Are they stopping at Foxwoods on the way?

Why is that hard to believe? There's a difference in the motivation level between a professional doing his job, and the situation becoming personal. Landry potentially made it personal.

These guys are professionals, not robots. An emotional reason to squeeze the last drop out of themselves will often lead to more production on the field. It's not that they're dogging, if you want an engineering analogy it's the difference between operating at full efficiency and operating at full capacity. Professionals operate at full efficiency if they do their jobs, but there's always that little bit more they can give when they're 100% in the groove. There always is. There has to be. No one can live on the redline forever.
So, without a suspension...
Tom Brady really, really, really, really, really wants to win the Super Bowl

But with the Goodell suspension...
Tom Brady really, really, really, really, really, really wants to win a Super Bowl

?

These are the most competitive people in the world. They don't need outside motivation. The idea that Landry guaranteeing a victory is somehow tipping the scales is asinine. Especially considering that the whole "guaranteeing a victory" thing is grossly overdone this last decade that it basically means nothing anymore. 50 years ago Joe Namath did something bold and daring, now it's something that happens every other week.

Stop the presses, Jarvis Landry is self-confident and thinks his team is going to win. Wow, how could he have the nerve and audacity to say such a thing!? I'm sure the Patriots are gravely offended and out for blood after this!

Just because we ascribe narratives to things doesn't make them true.

The whole "bulletin-board material" concept is ridiculous to me. It's just a silly cliche, up there with nonsense like "trap game".

Give me a ****ing break. If stuff like this actually makes a difference in motivation, then I'd be concerned about my coaching staff, because my players shouldn't need outside sources to draw from.

(And yeah, I get it. Players claim this is fuel. Players also believe in silly superstitions, and think that praying to God is going to influence games .)

I somewhat agree with you, but I think it's obvious that players and coaches do listen to what is said, even Belichick. I mean Freddie Mitchel is the classic example.

I don't think Belichick is very into football woo, personally, so if he's doing it I think there must be something behind it.

Is it blown out of proportion because it is an easy-to-digest narrative the media can forcefeed the fans? Sure. That doesn't mean there's no merit to it.

Yeah, what a ridiculous idea that has never been proved by the trove of post game interviews where Brady and crew, including Belichick, quotes people counting them out - including our most recent post season, where Belichick definitely did not say "Yeah you know they said we were too old..." etc.

These are hyper competitive humans who are nothing like your typical archetype of "professionals". These are people who get into fist fights on the field over trash talk. One hundred percent, they use that material.

Yes, the stuff exists. Yes, it's used for motivation. Yes, it works. Yes, it works at all levels of sport. Yes, it works beyond the world of sports.

another team did this before we played them awhile back, basically tried to use the media to call attention to our secondary getting away with holding/cheating

Drawing attention to themselves with the ridiculous guarantee of victory, followed by pre-emptive excuses in case they lose.

It's really pathetic, just stfu and play

Bill Belichick thought it was important enough to mention it to his players today.

I'll give Landry credit. At least he didn't tiptoe around it.

I believe they do draw some fire from it. Like the time B.B. read the philly news to them before the 1st bowl against them. It was about the time of the philly super bowl parade

"Just Don't Be Mic'ed Up Bro"

- Freddie Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes