Jarvis Green: A man that was ready to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
Good luck & thanks for your play here, Jarvis!

What play? I must of missed it :D

Aside from his years of service that I am thankful for there is one game that stands out and that is his 3 sack game against the colts to help push us to a SB. But I guess you missed it must suck to have been late to this party.

Aside from last year, Jarvis played well when with the Pats. This trade was a win for both teams.

he had a fumble recovery for a TD in 03 or 04 against the ravens

Surprising to see people down on Jarvis...he was always a good citizen here and, while not a standout (largely due to being in the shadow of Sey and Warren), was always a reliable part of the defense. I wish him well in Denver.

My guess it was more of props to McDaniels than a shot at Belichick. No offense, but I think people try to read too much into these quotes from former players. When people come here and say that they are happy to be here because of their success over the last decade, it isn't a veiled shot at their old team. I don't think Green meant anything by it with the Pats.

BTW, the reports out of Denver is that Green will start for the Broncos. Of course he was ready to move on since he wouldn't get that opportunity here.

He was ready to move on? Judging by his play last year, it looks like he is ready to retire. The Pats basically made a $3,500,000 charitable donation to the Jarvis Green fund last year. I don't care how desperate they are for lineman, the contract he signed with Denver was just plain stupid.

My guess it was more of props to McDaniels than a shot at Belichick. No offense, but I think people try to read too much into these quotes from former players. When people come here and say that they are happy to be here because of their success over the last decade, it isn't a veiled shot at their old team. I don't think Green meant anything by it with the Pats.

BTW, the reports out of Denver is that Green will start for the Broncos. Of course he was ready to move on since he wouldn't get that opportunity here.

I definitely think he meant it as a chance to start somewhere else. It's just interesting he mentions the energy of another team like the Pats didn't have any last year. BB must have really beat them up in training camp to be that demoralized early in the year.

Green had some solid years here and no one should ever forget his play in the 2003 title game against the Colts. This team could use a guy who can give them what Green used to.

The last two years he has been a total non-factor. He looks to me like a guy who just can't play anymore. He was ready to move on which is good because even if he wasn't the fact is he was still going to be moving on. While I think it is likely that they will regret bringing him in, I wish him luck in Denver.

We worry too much about the wavering emotional states of players and ex-players.

Let us all move on, my brethren.

and people gave me crap when I said he was a waste of $$ when they extended him

he was a part time player who shined brightly for very brief periods of time

Green had some solid years here and no one should ever forget his play in the 2003 title game against the Colts. This team could use a guy who can give them what Green used to.

The last two years he has been a total non-factor. He looks to me like a guy who just can't play anymore. He was ready to move on which is good because even if he wasn't the fact is he was still going to be moving on. While I think it is likely that they will regret bringing him in, I wish him luck in Denver.

I think you need to take a step back and really look into what he is saying just maybe BB's style of coaching just wears players out over a period of time. There just seems to be a lack of trust and comradery with this team and that goes to the ownership. If I was a young player on this team the reality is I already know no matter how good I play I will have to play my contract out before I get paid and even then I'm asked to take a team friendly contract. There is just no reward for being good at least with this team IMO.

I think you need to take a step back and really look into what he is saying just maybe BB's style of coaching just wears players out over a period of time. There just seems to be a lack of trust and comradery with this team and that goes to the ownership. If I was a young player on this team the reality is I already know no matter how good I play I will have to play my contract out before I get paid and even then I'm asked to take a team friendly contract. There is just no reward for being good at least with this team IMO.

the trust is there when the sacrifices are made that result in positive things

the trust disappears very quickly when sacrifices are made that result in mediocrity

If I was a young player on this team the reality is I already know no matter how good I play I will have to play my contract out before I get paid and even then I'm asked to take a team friendly contract. There is just no reward for being good at least with this team IMO.

You realize you've described not only the Pats but nearly the entire NFL, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes