PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins Highlight Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lined up inside a lot more than I previously thought.

He lined up inside a lot more than I previously thought.

The Pats played a ton of nickel late in the season. He can really play evreywere, I think he will primarily be a Strongside LB though.

Man that's impressive. Thanks for putting that together. I can't wait to see what he'll do for an encore in 2014.

He is a beast! Collins Hightower and Mayo are gonna be unstoppable next season

He is a beast! Collins Hightower and Mayo are gonna be unstoppable next season

Imagine adding someone as quick and explosive as Ryan Shazier in a safety/LB type role.

I really think Collins would excel in the Ninkovich role in this defense. The kid is an absolute freak, and I've said all along he's the type of talent we don't usually have the chance at drafting because of our draft position.

Here's hoping for good health, and he's has the desire to be better because I honestly believe he can be the playmaker this defense needs.

Initial impressions.......
1) the Pats have a difference maker
2) a superior athlete
3) a tool to attack
4) the day the window opens to address his contract....EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND

PS....When Mayo returns, this will free up Collins to be even more disruptive

He really started to come on the 2nd half of the season and only got better.

IMO he looks like the best athlete on that defense and his ceiling is very high. I think if he learns to fully hone his athletic abilities he could be an Pro-bowler for years to come.

He has a combo of size, speed and fluidity that is uncommon even in the NFL. I am anxious to see his sophomore jump. He could really turn into a true terror an a cornerstone we can build off of the way Chandler Jones has.

Imagine adding someone as quick and explosive as Ryan Shazier in a safety/LB type role.

If only we played a 3-4....

Jones- Wilfork/Kelly- Armstead

Collins- Mayo - Hightower - Shazier

Chandler Jones' ability would be wasted and his scheme fit is questionable as a 3-4 end

If only we played a 3-4....

Jones- Wilfork/Kelly- Armstead

Collins- Mayo - Hightower - Shazier

Chandler Jones' ability would be wasted and his scheme fit is questionable as a 3-4 end

Ryan Shazier probably doesn't fit optimally in a 3-4. He could probably do it, but he's a great 4-3 WILL, or a LB/S hybrid.

Try: 4-3 SAM Collins - 4-3 MLB Mayo - 4-3 WILL Shazier

With Hightower getting some reps at DE.

Ryan Shazier probably doesn't fit optimally in a 3-4. He could probably do it, but he's a great 4-3 WILL, or a LB/S hybrid.

Try: 4-3 SAM Collins - 4-3 MLB Mayo - 4-3 WILL Shazier

With Hightower getting some reps at DE.

I like it, would also fix the problem of not having a DE outside of Nink, Jones, and Buchannan

The Patriots also have to choose if they want Collins at LB or at DE in nickel situations. I would say LB because of his coverage skills, but it should be interesting to see what they do.

He's a sure tackler. If he gets a hand on a guy he's going down without much drag. And when he hits, I don't see his guys bouncing and moving forward.

That interception was a thing of beauty.

The Patriots also have to choose if they want Collins at LB or at DE in nickel situations. I would say LB because of his coverage skills, but it should be interesting to see what they do.

I like him at LB because it adds an element of deception which is crucial on 3rd downs. Not knowing whether he's going to blitz, man cover, zone cover, or fake a blitz then drop back makes him a weapon on 3rd down. I also feel like (with little evidence to back it up I admit) that he is a better pass rusher as a blitzer than a straight up hand in the ground guy. I think the momentum he can get with his speed and size makes him brutal for any back or TE who's trying to pick him up.

I love to watch him in coverage, just outstanding. I hope the Pats really unleash him next season, he could be our most explosive LB since the dynasty years, and maybe since Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes