PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I still dont like the guy but I am glad he is on our team right now...still think he is a jerk

Seems to me he doesn't take anything for granted.

That's why he's a rare media guy who really enjoys the Pats...this might be the last NFL dynasty for a very, very long time.

Both him and Irvin show alot of love for the Pats indeed. Both seem like two guys comfortable enough with the great individual and team success that they had to not be insecure with the success the Pats are having. Unlike alot of the 80's 49ers guys.

I celebrate the man's entire catalogue

james_harrison.0.gif

I wonder if he has a martial arts background like Tippett had. That move where he controls the elbow with his far hand and uses that leverage to unbalance the tackle and 'open the gate' is very much like a Judo/Jiu Jitsu cross grip arm drag technique.

RE: Suggs haters - other than running his mouth has Suggs seriously ever done as bad as what Harrison did?

I don't keep tabs on those things but a google search only shows a leaving the scene of the crime/car accident arrest.

Frankly, winning rings with other team's all-time players is extremely my shit so the more the merrier. I don't care what sort of Bubba from Forest Gump moron he has been as long as helps us win I'd enjoy it.

RE: Suggs haters - other than running his mouth has Suggs seriously ever done as bad as what Harrison did?

I don't keep tabs on those things but a google search only shows a leaving the scene of the crime/car accident arrest.

Frankly, winning rings with other team's all-time players is extremely my **** so the more the merrier. I don't care what sort of Bubba from Forest Gump moron he has been as long as helps us win I'd enjoy it.

I believe Suggs beat up his girlfriend/wife at some point

Frankly, winning rings with other team's all-time players is extremely my **** so the more the merrier. I don't care what sort of Bubba from Forest Gump moron he has been as long as helps us win I'd enjoy it.

He seems like a horrible human from what I've read. Several restraining orders, forced to give up his guns, poured bleach on his wife. Drove with her hanging onto door. Never convicted but not someone I'd want my daughter marrying for sure. And to be honest, I'd prefer he never dons a Pats uniform for the fact that I probably would cheer for him if he did well which just seems dirty.

He seems like a horrible human from what I've read. Several restraining orders, forced to give up his guns, poured bleach on his wife. Drove with her hanging onto door. Never convicted but not someone I'd want my daughter marrying for sure. And to be honest, I'd prefer he never dons a Pats uniform for the fact that I probably would cheer for him if he did well which just seems dirty.

If it bothers you that much why not take the opportunity to atone by way of making a donation to a charity such as the Human Fund?

This is how I see it also. I mean the guys probably a jerk and in a Steelers uniform, I hated the hell out of him but in a pats uniform he seems better. Lol

All this about Suggs. I’d honestly rather not have this guy but if he got here and played well and could keep the off field stuff from happening I’d be cool with it. He won’t though. B.B. wont get guys like that or if he does and does stupid crap he will go to cleaveland. Footballs version of Dante’s purgatory complete with the sign saying: “abandon all hope ye who enter”

They remind me of Joan Jett’s way to go Ohio song.

The eternal fan dilemna and hypocrisy:

"I cheer for the laundry!"

"I don't want that guy, he's done ____"

I wonder if he has a martial arts background like Tippett had. That move where he controls the elbow with his far hand and uses that leverage to unbalance the tackle and 'open the gate' is very much like a Judo/Jiu Jitsu cross grip arm drag technique.

Here's maybe a better look.

Harrison almost could've broken the LT's elbow or forearm if the LT had hung on. Or Harrison would've at least gotten the LT for holding.

He's definitely earned a look as a possible roleplayer for next season.

I can't imagine what our line is gonna look like when we get Hightower and some other other guys we lost this year back, especially if we can use Harrison in relief.

Wow!

I just stepped through this clip (sorta) frame-by-frame, and I think it is actually a martial arts move.

First of all, Harrison shimmies a tad to get the LT off-balance. The LT contributes a lot to that himself by apparently completely forgetting about kick-slide technique. So the LT puts his left hand on Harrison's left shoulder.

Harrison's first move is to grab that hand with his right hand and hang on.

Then, as he continues around the corner, he simultaneously pulls the LT toward him with the hand, begins to bend the LT's hand downward at the wrist, and begins to hook the LT's upper arm, just above the elbow, with his left arm.

By his next step, Harrison is nearly around the guy, is pinning the guy's arm to his chest and beginning to bend it in a very uncomfortable direction - and has the guy's hand bent at about 90 degrees. And Harrison is driving against all this with his full weight.

At this point, the LT is clearly no longer thinking about preventing Harrison from getting to the QB. Fork THAT! His only thought is to get his arm the hell outta there before something breaks.

Here's maybe a better look.

Harrison almost could've broken the LT's elbow or forearm if the LT had hung on. Or Harrison would've at least gotten the LT for holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes