PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Develin Announces Retirement on Instagram:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks that it had to end like this with an injury instead of choosing to leave the game on his own terms. His toughness, grit, and grind will be missed. Jakob Johnson and Dan Vitale have big shoes to fill.

What a Champion and Patriot ,,,,in fact everything about James is what A True Patriot is.
His presence alone you can tell effected other players in a positive way.
Thankyou from a fan from far away ,,enjoy family life Champ.

That's a shame, I'm gonna miss him. He was a true Patriot. It seems like when he was healthy, they won a lot (3 championships), when he got hurt, they didn't win in the playoffs. I'm guessing Dalton Keene will get some FB time as well.

Tough player but I thought Jakob Johnson looked like a good replacement last year before he was hurt.

Glad he did there is more to life than Football James was a solid player.

Be well, James. Thank you!

Perfect Patriot and a great story.

It’s no surprise our run game took a big step backwards last year with Develin injured. Absolute warrior and a big contributor to the success of our run game. Enjoy retirement, and your three super bowl rings.

The hits keep on rolling. It’s cool tho

Pats do or die. Fan for life

Simply I just loved the way he played the game.

I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

One of my favorite players. True grit. Will miss him. Best wishes for the future.

Thanks for all your hard work and being a true professional. The team and fans were lucky to have a player who gave 100% ever time he took the field. I hope you fully recover from your neck injury and wish you nothing but happiness as you move on to the next phase of life.

Last edited:
Jakob Johnson and Dan Vitale have big shoes to fill.

Dalton Keene is listed at 6'4 and 253 lbs and is at least a try-hard blocker. He's played FB as well as TE and Hback at V Tech. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get FB reps, where he would add a lot of schematic flexibility. I'm sure he's not the blocker that Develin was, but he might make up for that with the flexibility he would bring to the position. Hard to believe he wouldn't be an upgrade over Elandon Roberts.

I felt I kinda saw this coming with the injury he had. His position is very physical and very underrated.

Enjoy your retirement, big guy!

PerfumedHighBittern-size_restricted.gif
That play is one of the all time football highlights.

That man's contributions are about as underrated as it gets.
Develin came in, we win 3 Superbowls, the years he missed we didn't get close. he was a HUGE piece of the puzzle, and will be tough to replace.

Neck injuries are nothing to mess with. I remember years ago when LB Andy Katzenmoyer had a similar injury. He tried to come back the next season but quit early in training camp, which was the smart move to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes