PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Ramsey Guarantees Victory Over Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no more ****s to give. Honestly, who cares ? It’s what you do on the field. I don’t think the Pats will play the disrespect game. Kid got caught up in the moment in front of the fans.

Yeah, I'm also of the mind this is a bit of a reach. Right after a big win proclaiming, essentially, we are going to win the SB isn't exactly ripe bulletin board material.

Not all teams follow the Brown->Belichick rule of, essentially, say nothing. IMHO there probably is a modicum of advantage in following this rule and I am a supporter of the Patriots' method of 100% focus on study-practice and letting the talk get done on the field (with the macro view being every advantage/edge, even minute ones, should be gained). But obviously not all coaches subscribe to this. Seahawks and Steelers are two that come to mind that pretty much give players carte blanche yapping.
Of course which side of it is the bigger edge? Is it the Patriots in general don't yap or is it that the Patriots don't take the yapping bait (when other teams start making guarantees)? That in itself may be the part that gets under a players skin when he yaps yet the Patriots reply is 'they have a very good team'.

They never learn.

I love how they spent all week talking about how the Steelers disrespected them, and now they are doing the exact. same. thing.
Exactly.

Not a big deal.

But it would be wise for the Jags to understand, once they get back to business tomorrow, that for the first time this post-season, they are going face a professional football organization. These are not Andy Dalton's Buffalo Bills, and these certainly aren't Mike Tomlin's undisciplined, flat-footed Twitter soldiers guaranteeing victory the night before a big game.

This will certainly be interesting.

They never learn.

I love how they spent all week talking about how the Steelers disrespected them, and now they are doing the exact. same. thing.
Let them. I couldn't care less what any player has to say this week. It'll be decided between the Gillette lines. We'll see.

Yeah, I'm also of the mind this is a bit of a reach. Right after a big win proclaiming, essentially, we are going to win the SB isn't exactly ripe bulletin board material.

Not all teams follow the Brown->Belichick rule of, essentially, say nothing. IMHO there probably is a modicum of advantage in following this rule and I am a supporter of the Patriots' method of 100% focus on study-practice and letting the talk get done on the field (with the macro view being every advantage/edge, even minute ones, should be gained). But obviously not all coaches subscribe to this. Seahawks and Steelers are two that come to mind that pretty much give players carte blanche yapping.
Of course which side of it is the bigger edge? Is it the Patriots in general don't yap or is it that the Patriots don't take the yapping bait (when other teams start making guarantees)? That in itself may be the part that gets under a players skin when he yaps yet the Patriots reply is 'they have a very good team'.
I think we have become better fans due to BB's system. How many times have we heard players talk about an opponent? Whether guaranteeing a victory or targeting an opponent. Fans got upset when BB benched Welker for the Jets opener. How many times after that benching have we heard NE players speak out? It's mystifying watching ends of game strategies and time-out usages. We expect wins due in large part the strategic discipline BB imposes.

Big difference between celebration with the fan base, and the garbage that Mike Mitchell spewed. I'm not really taking this as a slight, just misplaced exuberance.

"We want Brady". Remember the last fan base that chanted that? Yeah Brady went out the next week and shat all over them in their house with 460 yards. Careful what you wish for.
Yep. Everyone wants Brady... until they get him. Dumb thing to say. For all the whining about bulletin board material on this board, this is actually bulletin board material. This will go over like a fart in a crowded elevator in the Pats locker room.

UGport2.gif

Eh...bit misleading. Technically, he is saying the Jags will beat NE by proclaiming a SB win. That said, he never mentions them by name.

Furthermore, they just beat Pittsburgh & are onan emotional high.

How is it misleading to blatantly state that they will win the SB when they obviously have to go through the best team in the AFC?

Like I said about 7 weeks ago, JAC lack of discipline will be their Achilles heal. Penalties will be their undoing.

To tell you the truth, I have seen brady at super bowl pep rallies say they are going to “bring the Lombardi home.” However, if some of the guys on the team want to interpret this as disrespect it’s fine by me. :D

didnt the steelers essentially say the same thing though? and the jags cried about it yesterday?

didnt the steelers essentially say the same thing though? and the jags cried about it yesterday?

They did.

I would suspect if the Pats win someone will find that dude on the field and rub it back in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back