PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars offense vs Patriots defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The other side of the ball will get all the ink and rightly so. But this is perhaps the more important match. If the Pats defense really locks this offense down like they have similar offenses they will almost certainly win as long as the offense doesn't allow defensive scores or give up a lot of turnovers.

The Jags don't really have a single guy to talk about but they obviously have decent RBs in Fournette and Yeldon. The top WR targets are Cole, Lee, Hurns and Westbrook which are all pretty much equally good statistically (each averaged about 50 YPG this season).

Cole is a rookie who has come on more is probably their #1. A fast 6'1 guy. Dede Westbrook is another talent rookie but has been inconsistent at time this year. 6'0 180 and a small and quick player. A very young Core of WRs obviously.

It is very much a WR based passing attack. Lewis is 33 and looks it. They don't have RBs who catch really well so it is a pretty straight forward attack. Their runners run and their WR catch and their TEs mostly block.

They have no 1 WR you need to lock down but they have a diverse bunch. I think they put Gilmore on Cole but who knows.

The Patriots run defense has done very well recently and since Harrison and Van Noy has come back those outside runs have dried up the last 2 games and the middle has been solid with or without Branch. I doubt the Jags will be able to have much success up the middle. That will be a key part of the game.

The Patriots just coming off the Titans will be more ready to deal with a QB who can run some as it is something they just faced but that is always a concern.

What are your thoughts on this match up?

I expect them to hold JAX to under 20.

I think they gotta hold them under 20. Get a pass rush going. Would like to see a fast start to this game.

They scored one point more than the Pats did against the Titans...unfortunately for them it took them two games to do it. Two games in which they also gave up 52 points.

What are your thoughts on this match up?

I see a very similar approach to the one they took against Tennessee. The Jaguars weapons are similar, in fact, I'd even say Tennessee's are better (Delanie Walker is better than anyone on offense that Jacksonville can currently roll out).

They will have to account for Yeldon out of the backfield, and I think he's going to get more playing time than people think. To me, that's how Jacksonville has any chance to move the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back