PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags players arrested in UK bar brawl; game starts in 12 hours

it is incredible how sometimes you read what NFL playiers are doing...how can you drink before a game in that way, stay out in the dark night, go into troubles in that way ?

i think that JAX has also to play them as otherwise who is going to play DB ?

anyway this is real a bad situation also for the league, not what they are looking for to expand the game...

And Oh My Goodness, what would Roger do?!

Probably nothing, after all "boys will be boys"..

Can anyone imagine if anyone from the Pats did this??.. I suspect BB would put them on a plane and send them back.

How the f... can these guys incur a 64K bar bill.. even if they drank 50 bottles of champagne that would only be about 27K... that is a lot of drinking.

What in the world costs $65000 ??

My thoughts exactly. Did they buy for the whole Club or were they getting ripped off, something not uncommon in an London club?

Maybe Joker is right.

Probably nothing, after all "boys will be boys"..

Can anyone imagine if anyone from the Pats did this??.. I suspect BB would put them on a plane and send them back.

How the f... can these guys incur a 64K bar bill.. even if they drank 50 bottles of champagne that would only be about 27K... that is a lot of drinking.

Dom and/or Cristal, plus top-shelf vodka for almost everybody in the club, perhaps.

it is incredible how sometimes you read what NFL playiers are doing...how can you drink before a game in that way, stay out in the dark night, go into troubles in that way ?

i think that JAX has also to play them as otherwise who is going to play DB ?

anyway this is real a bad situation also for the league, not what they are looking for to expand the game...

OTOH, if the Jags happen to beat the Eagles, they're likely to gain a lot of fans among the British hooligans

Someone needed to whisper into Doug Marrone's ear:

It's 4AM do you know where your children players are?

Of course, does it really count as 4am, as their bodies would be feeling 11pm with the time difference (though the UK probably already did the time change, so maybe midnight?)

Someone needed to whisper into Doug Marrone's ear:

It's 4AM do you know where your children players are?

Of course, does it really count as 4am, as their bodies would be feeling 11pm with the time difference (though the UK probably already did the time change, so maybe midnight?)
Yeah, it's five hours later there from our East Coast time. How late are the bars open there?

Yeah, it's five hours later there from our East Coast time. How late are the bars open there?
When I lived over there, they stayed open for quite awhile and not sure they had a hard closing time (of the pubs I frequented). But, the last trains leaving London were 11:30 to Midnight, so sometimes the party had to end early.

Actually, EDT to GMT is only 4 hours difference. It goes back to 5 hours once US Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday Nov. 4th.

Pubs mostly close by 11, but the clubs stay open until 4 am.

When I lived over there, they stayed open for quite awhile and not sure they had a hard closing time (of the pubs I frequented). But, the last trains leaving London were 11:30 to Midnight, so sometimes the party had to end early.

I had that same problem in Chicago once, about 30 years ago or so. But there was still a bus available, so I was able to take that to get back to where I was staying. It was a real thrill, too, since I'd never driven a bus before.

Last edited:
It was odd, but it's a British newspaper. They speak English in its primitive form over there. We Americans may have enhanced that language to its perfection but that doesn't give us a right to criticize those that speak it much more.... quaintly. :D
"Football" ====> Kit, pitch, boot.
When the ball gets kicked, it is "brilliant" and often with "class"
Mate
Bugger off
Piss off
wanker
Men call their female bosses "Mum"
Most interesting to me is how the Women run the country while the men are content to devote their lives to spectating "football"

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back