PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett, would you take him back if cut by the Colts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I've been wondering if the Colts are going to cut Jacoby Brissett this summer. They have Phillip Rivers, Chad Kelly and drafted Jacob Eason. I'm wondering if they feel Eason is their future, and obviously Rivers is their present. Would you take Brissett back if he were cut from the Colts ?

I definitely would. I feel he's become a pretty solid QB. Thoughts ?

What is the price ? Does Hoyer get cut ? Would he start in place of Stidham ?

The answers affect my answer.

Heck yes. Without hesitation.
Jacoby is a starting QB who doesn't turn the ball over. I honestly think he's better than Teddy Bridgewater or Cam Newton or Andy Dalton. He's probably better than Josh Allen or Trubisky. The kid is pretty good.

Yes and get rid of Hoyer.

If he’s cut, I believe he’s a free agent. Hoyer would be cut, and Brissett would have to be given a chance to compete with Stidham, but understanding the cap situation we are in, he’d have to take a lower salary.

No thanks. Rather have Hoyer as an experienced mentor for Stidham.

JB got shipped out after his second camp and even though he clearly developed quite a bit given all the games he could start he still seems like a worse fit than even Hoyer for this specific offense.

No. He's too expensive now for what he brings. If he was still on his rookie contract, then sure.

Lots of unknowns so impossible to answer.

In general, I would say yes now, let's delve through the unknowns.

No going backwards. Brisset is a JAG.

Roll with Stidham and if he stinks draft a QB until you hit on a winner.

Always liked Bisquick, but no. This 2020 team is moving in a different direction. We have Hoyer who has spent more time in the system as a backup and mentor.

He wouldn't be the future but he should know the old system and Mcdaniels.

I like Brissett. Not an NFL starting QB though. As a backup Hoyer is a better fit.

No. He's too expensive now for what he brings. If he was still on his rookie contract, then sure.
If he gets cut, then he has no contract. You pay what the market bears. Since precious few teams have anything resembling an open competition for starting QB, there is not going to be a bidding war.

I like Stidham, but anyone thinking that JB is worse than Hoyer at playing QB (mentoring a rookie QB may be another story, though) is being silly.

Moot question. Given our salary cap situation, we can't afford him.

Hoyer gets cut, Brissett would be there to play at an average to below average level in case Stidham can't play that well. If Stidham does his job well Brissett wouldn't play

Since Brissett is indisputably better than Hoyer and makes a better insurance policy, I have no problem bringing him in to be the QB2. He was looking nice as a starter until he hurt his knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes