PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Easterby Blames Kraft Family for Texans Turmoil [Update: Texans Have Fired Him]

Yup... And basically drove a wedge that sundered the teams relationship with their then franchise QB Deshaun "the Groper" Watson... The front office was purged of all of the guys who built the team not loyal to Easterby...

Makes you wonder what other facets of the franchise inner workings he threw into turmoil...
Granted it's probably just Florio making something out of nothing, but he said: "With Easterby gone, it’s unclear how safe the jobs of Caserio and Smith are, and what the future of the franchise holds. The Texans don’t have much in the way of talent, but they are in great salary cap shape in 2023 and have extra first- and third-round picks in 2023 and extra first- and fourth-round picks in 2024, thanks to the Deshaun Watson trade. That could make Houston an attractive place for a front office executive who wants to run the show as the team attempts to rebuild."

I wonder if he gets booted out of there if we'll wind up as some assistant GM in Las Vegas long enough to get canned with McDaniels?

I'll say it for hopefully the final time. Never trust a guy who calls himself a "character coach". If you have to tell me how exemplary of a person you are and how people should be more like you, there's either a lack of self awareness or just outright dishonesty. With Easterby, I suspect it was the latter.

Granted it's probably just Florio making something out of nothing, but he said: "With Easterby gone, it’s unclear how safe the jobs of Caserio and Smith are, and what the future of the franchise holds. The Texans don’t have much in the way of talent, but they are in great salary cap shape in 2023 and have extra first- and third-round picks in 2023 and extra first- and fourth-round picks in 2024, thanks to the Deshaun Watson trade. That could make Houston an attractive place for a front office executive who wants to run the show as the team attempts to rebuild."

I wonder if he gets booted out of there if we'll wind up as some assistant GM in Las Vegas long enough to get canned with McDaniels?
I think Caserio is sitting in a warm chair and it's getting hotter... He spent his first season there (the Watson hold out year) outlining a plan to, as you point out, amass draft picks to blunt the damage that BoB caused with his incredibly stupid lopsided trades... I think cal gives him enough rope to see that plan through.. if it looks successful he cements himself in place... If not, then... Well that's an oft told story in the NFL

I'll say it for hopefully the final time. Never trust a guy who calls himself a "character coach". If you have to tell me how exemplary of a person you are and how people should be more like you, there's either a lack of self awareness or just outright dishonesty. With Easterby, I suspect it was the latter.
“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” R.W. Emerson

You would think Caserio would at least get to make the draft picks they got in return for Watson but who knows with the hot headed hillbilly McNair family.

Please people, we are talking about a man of God:rolleyes:
tumblr_81feb15071e626c19215991d7ed2857c_50b84c5c_500.gif

I think Caserio is sitting in a warm chair and it's getting hotter... He spent his first season there (the Watson hold out year) outlining a plan to, as you point out, amass draft picks to blunt the damage that BoB caused with his incredibly stupid lopsided trades... I think cal gives him enough rope to see that plan through.. if it looks successful he cements himself in place... If not, then... Well that's an oft told story in the NFL
I don't see how Caserio could be in trouble considering he was the one that essentially went toe-to-toe with Watson when he demanded to be traded, only to find out that the QB had a shady history off the field.

He was patient throughout the process and could have forced a deal sooner, but he didn't, and it paid off. Now the Texans are sitting on a nice stockpile of picks and a lot of cap space. Firing him would essentially be booting out the guy who set the table for their potential future success, which wouldn't make a lot of sense. Unless Caserio is fiercely loyal to Davis Mills and/or Lovie Smith and ownership disagrees, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Fired?
For a Rasptutin he got off fairly light

A strange story all around. I can't imagine anyone hiring him, but I couldn't imagine him getting as far as he did in the first place, so who knows...

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I don't see how Caserio could be in trouble considering he was the one that essentially went toe-to-toe with Watson when he demanded to be traded, only to find out that the QB had a shady history off the field.

He was patient throughout the process and could have forced a deal sooner, but he didn't, and it paid off. Now the Texans are sitting on a nice stockpile of picks and a lot of cap space. Firing him would essentially be booting out the guy who set the table for their potential future success, which wouldn't make a lot of sense. Unless Caserio is fiercely loyal to Davis Mills and/or Lovie Smith and ownership disagrees, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Unless he has completely detached himself from Easterby, I could clearly see a scenario where he is working under heightened scrutiny... That's why I said his seat is warm...

If he was the impetus to get rid of Easterby, then you are correct, he's not in trouble...

Do I think he will be fired this year? No, I don't... As I said I think Cal will let him continue with the process he's started... He's corrected some of the mistakes BoB made, he's gotten draft assets from the Watson trade... Stabilized the QB position with the decent not great Davis Mills... Now he's got the chance to make a splash in the draft...

It's all conjecture on my part... I don't know enough about the Texans to state anything unequivocally...

Reactions: Ian
I guess my boy ************ couldn't help him.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back