PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've seen this movie before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts are facts: The Patriots haven't won a SB since 2004. That team had a great defense with extraordinary talent and heart.

This defense (and the defense of the past 4 or so years) has a bunch of young nobodies that don't even look good enough to compete with a college team. And a coach that has become so arrogant that he won't hire someone to help him out with said defense.

Got news for you Bill, and Koolaid drinkers on here, the "Dynasty" days are over. We won then with incredible defense, timely offense, and heart and guts.

This defense isn't even AVERAGE. We are the Colts against sub-par and average teams...get off to a big lead and the team has to play from behind and most don't have the QB/offensive talent to match us point for point. A good solid physical team with a defense like a Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Jets will not only shut out our offense, but score on our defense.

Like someone else said, today reminded most level-handed, non-koolaid, live in the past fans what a playoff game is going to be like. Maybe we'll pull a 2006 colts, get easy opponents, and overachieve at the right time, but that's the only way I see this team winning until we get actual players on defense, not chumps.

If I were Brady, I'd be so pissed at Belichick for wasting year after year of him in his prime with these crappy ass bottom-tier defenses.

Enjoy the regular season, but personally the only team to me that had a good season is the team hoisting the Lombardi at the end, and it won't be us this year or next.

I'll keep watching because even if this team were 0-7, I like watching football and root for my home teams win or lose. But I'm simply not expecting anything.

Well, actually I expect about 90 percent of the board to pick the Pats to win next week, despite the fact that we're playing a tough opponent with a great offense and a defense that last time we saw them made us look like high schoolers.

Last edited:
To the realist, you can see that Belichick is the problem and I have seen the shift thank god. Most posters agree, there are the fanboys like Da Bruinz and Robo and Jack Bauer, but these are guys you would walk away from at a cookout discussion on football they just don't have the intellect. They don't want to hear the truth.

Bill Belichick the GM has destroyed Bill Belichick the coach and I can't even tell them apart anymore. He is starting 4 or 5 undrafted players. He trades away #1's or they are taken away, for stupid Spygate he has left this team with no talent. Then he brings in ex-names like Ochocinco and Haynesworth. He hit on Harrison but hasn't since. And as I have said before, name another coach that would be allowed 3 years with a defense this bad. Rex Ryan was a DC he had a great defense in a year and if the Patriots had the Jets defense you can shine the trophy now. They have wasted the greatest QB in decades. This is like the Broncos of the 80's. Brady is the QB, I expect the offiense to be good

Since 2008

Pat Chung
Ron Brace
Darius Butler
Ras I Dowling
Jermaine Cunningham (hey defenders, get it yet, he sux)

All busts. Major busts. This is like Aug. 25th for Red Sox in 2011, listen Patriot fanboys, you can root you're heart out, you can call this dissenters trolls, but this team is NEVER going to win the Super Bowl. Let that settle in. NEVER. They aren't very talented, and talent wins.

Love, Wilfolk, Carter, Ninkovich, McCourty, Arrington, Mayo, Chung, Brown, Spikes

vs.

Seymour, Vince, Warren, McGuinest, Vrabel, Johnson, Bruschi, Law, Harrison, Wilson, Samuel

Wow, and the thing is they were draftees.

2008 #24
2009 #24
2011 two picks

This MEATHEAD didn't think we needed the help and he draft a BUM in Ras I Dowling. He has bad coaches and bad players. Stand up Patriots this coach is eating his apple and he talking down to you. No more. Defend your right to an opinion, this coach has SUCKED as a GM and its killed this team, it cost them at least two titles. He's cutting corners and he doesn't have good players. Theo was the two time architect. What's the difference. 8 years and counting. Its not happening. This guy has lost it, he needs to be called out on the carpet by WEEI not praised and had his bust kissed. My first question tomorrow would be, "Bill you coached Defense for 12 years in this league, why have you not been able to put one on the field for the last four." He's Shula in the 90's and he has made Brady into Marino. All stats no championships.

If I owned the team he would be in my office explaining. And I would leave him with this, fix it, or I will find someone else who will. Bob Kraft better get off his butt and realize if he wants to see another title in his lifetime he better get someone who knows how to shop for groceries, because this guy can't at least not on defense.

Best post ever.

Typical when you have no facts or credible responses lets call names and throw insults. Take the blinders off, come up from the basement, and admit Bill the GM has wasted the best QB in the league for 7 straight years by acquiring crappy talent. Would Brady be better off with the Jets, 49ers, lions, ravens, cowboys, packers jeez I could go on forever. Brady with an assist from Parcells has made Bill B., not the other way around. BTW I've been a die hard fan since the Plunkett days, and trust me I dont live in a garage!!

I'm so sick of the standard "we've wasted the best QB" argument that seems to never die. Tom Brady isn't the only good player in the NFL. It isn't our given right as fans to expect a Super Bowl every season based upon having him. As for wasting him for 7 seasons, I guess it's easy to forget that the "crappy talent" we aquired for 2007 was a one in million helmet catch away from being called the greatest team ever.

We're 5-2 for goodness sake. Besides the Packers, name a team in the NFL that hasn't looked bad for at least one game. (and the Packers D hasn't always been beatiful) You cannot do it. The Ravens have looked great and awful at times this season. Same for the Jets, Texans, Steelers and every team in the AFC. We aren't going to face anyone in the playoffs that is invicible. I'm not saying we'll coast to the Super Bowl but stop pretending that we're the only team that has looked bad this year.

And really? Really, you're going to start naming teams Brady would be better off with? And you're going to use the Cowboys as an example? When complaining about the crappy talent we've aquired? Would you like to go back and look at the last 5 drafts for the Cowboys and tell me they haven't missed on a BUNCH OF PLAYERS? (I guess you also missed how they just gave up 239 yards rushing for 6.3 ypc tonight in a 34-7 beatdown)

This defense isn't even AVERAGE.

I don't think anything gets much more average than being 17th out of 32 teams in points allowed per game. And astonishingly, that average is 22.9 points a game. You know what they gave up today prior to the BS safety? 23.

All busts. Major busts. This is like Aug. 25th for Red Sox in 2011, listen Patriot fanboys, you can root you're heart out, you can call this dissenters trolls, but this team is NEVER going to win the Super Bowl. Let that settle in. NEVER. They aren't very talented, and talent wins.

Love, Wilfolk, Carter, Ninkovich, McCourty, Arrington, Mayo, Chung, Brown, Spikes

vs.

Seymour, Vince, Warren, McGuinest, Vrabel, Johnson, Bruschi, Law, Harrison, Wilson, Samuel

I'm guessing this post was written by a drunk but I think he means Wilfork and then Vince is who, exactly?

saying a team is never going to win a Super Bowl when they have already won three and been to four in the past decade, and have been to two others in their past sort of refutes this "NEVER!!!!!" hypothesis...this post reads like it's written by a very emotional, needy person.

Last edited:
If the Pats are wasting Brady on a team with no talent, aren't they also wasting Belichick? He's not going to be around forever. Doesn't that then mean that Belichick is wasting Belichick? Why would Belichick put Belichick in an situation other than the best possible?

If the Pats are wasting Brady on a team with no talent, aren't they also wasting Belichick? He's not going to be around forever. Doesn't that then mean that Belichick is wasting Belichick? Why would Belichick put Belichick in an situation other than the best possible?

Belichick is part of the problem. He was a "genius" when he had Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest, Law, Johnson, Phiffer et al. but I think the past 4 years have shown how overrated he is as a "defensive mind."

I expect, like others who have brought up the same thing, to get flammed by the kool-aid drinkers, but if you want to live in the past, watch your 2001-2004-2005 DVDs. I want to win a SB in the present, and this defense isn't even close to championship caliber and Belichick is a big part of the reason seeing how he's buying the groceries so to speak.

I don't want to hear the "AFC is wide open" bs. Sure we might beat the Texans/Bills in the first round, but mark my words, a team like the Ravens/Jets/Steelers WILL expose us again in the playoffs.

What are you even trying to say? That Belichick can't make mistakes? That the person making the decisions can't put themselves in a bad situation just because they're the one making decisions?

th_scanners-headexplode.jpg

What are you even trying to say? That Belichick can't make mistakes? That the person making the decisions can't put themselves in a bad situation just because they're the one making decisions?

Basically, what I'm getting out of these anti-Belichick posts is that he is too stubborn and believes in himself too much. He won't hire a DC, he won't get a deep threat, he won't trade up in the draft, he won't sign a big money FA, he won't let someone else do the drafting, he won't change his scheme, etc. My point is that being stubborn does him no good, and I'm pretty sure he's a smart enough guy to see every problem that we're seeing and to do what's best for the team accordingly, even if it means giving up responsibility or doing something out of the ordinary for him.

Basically, what I'm getting out of these anti-Belichick posts is that he is too stubborn and believes in himself too much. He won't hire a DC, he won't get a deep threat, he won't trade up in the draft, he won't sign a big money FA, he won't let someone else do the drafting, he won't change his scheme, etc. My point is that being stubborn does him no good, and I'm pretty sure he's a smart enough guy to see every problem that we're seeing and to do what's best for the team accordingly, even if it means giving up responsibility or doing something out of the ordinary for him.

So I guess what you're saying is that he's incompetent and can't fix the problem.

Hey buddy, I'm sure we are reacting to what we just saw but if you havent noticed this has been the trend for the last four years. The defense is historically bad. That being said, we will still have a good regular season record, but I think the expectations around here are a little higher!! Would you agree??
First of all, I'm not your "buddy." Secondly, if you read Greg Bedard's piece in the Globe today (it's available by Googling, despite what the Globe haters say you don't have to pay to see it) you'll be reading what I believe to be true. It's appropriately critical of BB the GM. So don't jump to the conclusion that I'm one of the ultimate homers, because I'm not. My point was, if you see so much you dislike about this team, go root for one of the many others you obviously admire.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I'm just realistic. We're good enough where we blow out sub-par and average teams, but get exposed by playoff-caliber teams.

Ever since SB42, we haven't been the same, and the zero playoff wins "is what it is."

You don't win 14 games (last year) without any quality wins.

This isn't the final product of our team. There's 9 weeks left to turn things around.

In the Dallas game we saw how well this defense is capable of playing, no reason we can't get back there eventually. We had a poor outing today it's not the end of the world.

The frustrating part is that the team's strengths and (fatal) weaknesses have been almost unchanged for 6 years.

First of all, I'm not your "buddy." Secondly, if you read Greg Bedard's piece in the Globe today (it's available by Googling, despite what the Globe haters say you don't have to pay to see it) you'll be reading what I believe to be true. It's appropriately critical of BB the GM. So don't jump to the conclusion that I'm one of the ultimate homers, because I'm not. My point was, if you see so much you dislike about this team, go root for one of the many others you obviously admire.

Sorry Partner!! I didn't realize that it is not okay to critisize the team you like, and if you do you can't root for them anymore! Maybe we can turn this into pink hat nation. Maybe I can sing you a lullaby...

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would...

Does that feel better? Belichick is god and can't do anything wrong. I apologize to Pink Hat Nation 1,000 TIMES!!!

Believe whatever you want, but we're the team we always hated and made fun of...the Colts. I'll be here throughout the season rooting them on, hoping I'm wrong, but not at all disappointed when I turn out to be right. Defense wins championships.

On Sunday the Patriots' defense gave up 23 points to the Steelers. The Patriots lost.

In SB XLIX, the Packers' defense gave up 25 points to the Steelers. The Packers won.

In fact, in SB XLIX...

- The Steelers outgained the Packers 387-338.
- The Steelers had more first downs, 19-15.
- The Steelers had the edge in T.O.P., 33:25-26:35.
- The Steelers outrushed the Packers, 126 (5.5) - 50 (3.8).

Which defense played better in that game? Looks like the Steelers'. And yet who won?

Re: Thoughts (humor for Steeler trolls not familiar with the concept) on loss

The last time the Steelers beat them at the mustard bottle (I'm told it is yellow) The Patriots won a Super Bowl.

Let's look at the similarities of these two losses:

In 2003 the big acquisition was Corey Dillon from Cincy. Patriots nation was sad he did not play.
In 2011 the big acquisition was Chad Ochocinco from Cincy. Patriots nation was sad he did play.

Anyone got any more humorous similarities?

More similarities, Vrabel and Ninkovich wear #50 :eek:
Chung and Harrison both have N in their name.
Ron Brace and Richard Seymour both have the same height:eek:
McGinest and Guyton both have cornrows:eek:
Ty Law and McCourty both have nice cop names.

Time for a few of us, myself included, to take a little break from this site...

I believe this lost is remiscent of the lost to Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Miami duing the 2003-2004 superbowl seasons and will not loose another game. I really don't think they'll loose again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes