PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've seen this movie before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurker1965

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Thoughts (humor for Steeler trolls not familiar with the concept) on loss

The last time the Steelers beat them at the mustard bottle (I'm told it is yellow) The Patriots won a Super Bowl.

Let's look at the similarities of these two losses:

In 2003 the big acquisition was Corey Dillon from Cincy. Patriots nation was sad he did not play.
In 2011 the big acquisition was Chad Ochocinco from Cincy. Patriots nation was sad he did play.

Anyone got any more humorous similarities?

Re: Thoughts (humor for Steeler trolls not familiar with the concept) on loss

129068044044249629.jpg

Pats lose 2 more games this season (2 of the Giants/Jets/Eagles), go 12-4, win the division, then lose in the first or second round (depending on quality of opponent in first round) to a hungrier, more physical team with a better defense.

Believe whatever you want, but we're the team we always hated and made fun of...the Colts. I'll be here throughout the season rooting them on, hoping I'm wrong, but not at all disappointed when I turn out to be right. Defense wins championships.

Last edited:
Believe whatever you want, but we're the team we always hated and made fun of...the Colts. I'll be here throughout the season rooting them on, hoping I'm wrong, but not at all disappointed when I turn out to be right. Defense wins championships.

You're the best type of fan. HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN I PREDICTED WE WOULD LOSE?! WELL WE LOST AND I WAS RIGHT!

This isn't the final product of our team. There's 9 weeks left to turn things around.

In the Dallas game we saw how well this defense is capable of playing, no reason we can't get back there eventually. We had a poor outing today it's not the end of the world.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I'm just realistic. We're good enough where we blow out sub-par and average teams, but get exposed by playoff-caliber teams.

Ever since SB42, we haven't been the same, and the zero playoff wins "is what it is."

Last edited:
I was a season ticket holder in 1981...went to every home game...sat on a metal bench seat through rain, lightening,snow, heavy winds and bitter cold...every single season ticket holder in my section sat through every single game....it was great...win lose or draw, WE loved the Pats and built deep friendships that last til this very day...the Pats went 2/14 that season.

If you're distressed because a football team YOU are a fan of fails to MEET your expectations, you have two choices...find another team....consider a more life altering option like pulling a swan dive from the top floor of the Pru.

What he said. I coudn't agree more.

If this defense doesn't get a serious kick in the ass our dominance is over. Brady is going to rot away because as Bart Scott said "they can't stop a nose bleed."

If this was Week 14, I'd understand your sentiment. But it's only been 7 weeks, the team is 5-2.

The coaches and the players always say the most important time to play well is December. There aren't any front-runners in the AFC as of yet, so there is still room for error.

Calm down buddy

This isn't the final product of our team. There's 9 weeks left to turn things around.

In the Dallas game we saw how well this defense is capable of playing, no reason we can't get back there eventually. We had a poor outing today it's not the end of the world.

Exactly. And you know what's the best way to start that... is to dominate and beat the Giants next week. LETS GO PATS!

Pats lose 2 more games this season (2 of the Giants/Jets/Eagles), go 12-4, win the division, then lose in the first or second round (depending on quality of opponent in first round) to a hungrier, more physical team with a better defense.
There's a simple solution for you - start rooting for one of those "hungrier, more physical team(s) with a better defense." See, wasn't that simple?

This thread is pretty much an example of what the game day thread and the site has become. By page 7 there was doom and gloom, with one poster, whose name I will refrain from mentioning, said as the Steelers had the ball when it was 7-0, said "14-0, I'm calling it now" F'n pathetic.

Patsfans.com after a Pats win: Blah, blah, blah, see you in Indy

Patsfans.com after Pats loss: this team sucks, BOB sucks, BB sucks TFB sucks

Yes this team has issues and yes I drink large gulps of the BB kool-aid. However to be 5-2 right now is pretty good in my opinion. My apologies, I will leave now for the night and let the negative nancy's to resume there doom and gloom prognosis...

Last edited:

We saw the defense capable of stopping a Tony romo that wasn't trusted by his coaches.

The pats have the worst passing defense I have ever seen.......I look at the the defensive roster, and I wonder what the hell happened

I can't decide if this year is a replay of the 2002 season or the 2005 season. Probably a little bit of both.

The pats have the worst passing defense I have ever seen.......I look at the the defensive roster, and I wonder what the hell happened

Butler, Wheatley, Crable, Bodden, Meriweather, Wilhite, McKenzie etc.

Last edited:
There's a simple solution for you - start rooting for one of those "hungrier, more physical team(s) with a better defense." See, wasn't that simple?

Please do not criticize the patriots on this board...They have won three championships...eight years ago. Brady and Belichick are gods and can't do anything wrong. Bill is the best drafter in the world and Tom can't ever have a bad game.

I have been saying how we used to laugh at the Colts for how they built their team and now we have turned into them. This defense is historically bad. Our only chance to win is Brady and the offensive line being perfect in the playoffs. That being said, at least we will have great regular seasons!!!

If we are going to win another one in the Brady/Belichick error we need to overhaul the defense. This scheme and players have'nt worked. Is part of the problem that Bill only hires yes men?? Can you picture one of these young coaches telling him he is wrong? We have been rebuilding the defence since '09 and it hasn't got better, maybe worse. Man, I wish we never got rid of Seymore and we never replaced Harrison, Bruschi, McGinist or Vrabel. It's funny how other teams and media used to say we won without talent. It simply wasn't true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST