PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's been a helluva week for the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
For those of you just catching up on NFL news (like me) from what I can tell, in the span of just a few days the Jets:

lost to the Patriots

are mired in third place

cut one of their most prominent free agent signings - a 14 veteran who couldn't be happier to be far away from that locker room (Although his comment about the Texans being a breath of fresh air might simply be referring to Rex's farting)

have begun to become embroiled in GoodellGate, as more and more question why the Commissioner won't request a copy of the videotape taken from the sideline by a Jets employee with his camera clearly pointing away from the ball and at the Patriots sideline

and are generally imploding before our eyes

even the most die hard Jets fan knows that if the Cowboys don't roll over and play dead for them this team is 1-4

(Is that it? Or did I miss anything?)

The only saving grace for the coach who once again guaranteed a Super Bowl victory for the Jets is that they're playing the Dolphins

It's somewhat ironic that this game against a 0-4 team is a "must win" for Rexy and the Jets.

It'll be interesting to see how much trash talk Jets fans, coaches and players get into this week - if they have half a brain they might actually realize the Fins are coming off a bye and have nothing to lose - as opposed to Rexy and the Jets who have everything to lose on Monday night

get your popcorn boys and girls!

Where is the video stuff being questioned? In the general media? I would love or this to be true because it just seems laughable that you can say oh, I was filming something else, something totally legit! And then the commissioner just says, great, whatever you say. The rules are ridiculously porous.

As for Rex and his guarantees, I don't think anyone takes him seriously anymore. Except maybe Sanchez.

Where is the video stuff being questioned? In the general media? I would love or this to be true because it just seems laughable that you can say oh, I was filming something else, something totally legit! And then the commissioner just says, great, whatever you say. The rules are ridiculously porous.

As for Rex and his guarantees, I don't think anyone takes him seriously anymore. Except maybe Sanchez.

Video of Jets filming game against Patriots - CBSSports.com

Not sure if Mike Freeman on CBS's NFL Insider constitutes "general media" or not but I guess the issue is that Goodell doesn't seem to care what was on the tape.

No matter how you slice it, this is one of the more highly cited Jets news stories this week - which generally speaking isn't good for the Jets (though does deflect some attention away from their status as a near 1-4 team)

I almost feel bad for the Jets fans. Almost. Things can change quickly in the NFL and they should win at home against the Phins. The true test comes the following week against the Bolts. It'll be interesting to see how that game unfolds. If they can win the next two games, they'll be in much better shape going into their bye week.

Personally, I think we are overblowing this video stuff. It is a nothing thing. We should just move on. Really no story.

As for Mason, you missed the homer Jets fan talking points on the subject. Trading him to the Texans was a brilliant move by Ryan and Tannenbaum because they sent a message to the team that no one is safe and they better fall into place. Well, no one is safe as long as you are a huge pain in the arse and a washed up bum who can't get on the field. If you are a pain in the arse and have the most guaranteed money of any WR other than Larry Fitzgerald, keep complaining as much as you want because you are pretty safe. Way for Tanny to give the Jets one of the worst receiving corps in the league to make such a point too. If this doesn't guarantee him Executive of the Year, I don't know what would.

In seriousness, I am not ready to count the Jets out. They could rebound. This year is different than the previous two years because they had a good running game and a great defense both those years and this year not so much. But things could change.

I almost feel bad for the Jets fans. Almost. Things can change quickly in the NFL and they should win at home against the Phins. The true test comes the following week against the Bolts. It'll be interesting to see how that game unfolds. If they can win the next two games, they'll be in much better shape going into their bye week.

Sorry but you Do NOT Ever feel Sorry for Rats fans. You have commited a Cardinal Sin even entertaining the thought of being sorry for them. The obnoxious loud mouthed trash talking Scum do not deserve sympathy.

Last edited:
Personally, I think we are overblowing this video stuff. It is a nothing thing. We should just move on. Really no story.

As for Mason, you missed the homer Jets fan talking points on the subject. Trading him to the Texans was a brilliant move by Ryan and Tannenbaum because they sent a message to the team that no one is safe and they better fall into place. Well, no one is safe as long as you are a huge pain in the arse and a washed up bum who can't get on the field. If you are a pain in the arse and have the most guaranteed money of any WR other than Larry Fitzgerald, keep complaining as much as you want because you are pretty safe. Way for Tanny to give the Jets one of the worst receiving corps in the league to make such a point too. If this doesn't guarantee him Executive of the Year, I don't know what would.

In seriousness, I am not ready to count the Jets out. They could rebound. This year is different than the previous two years because they had a good running game and a great defense both those years and this year not so much. But things could change.

They're a 9-7 team this year.

Agreed on the taping. It's with in the rules and a non story. I also agree on the Jets being able to rebound. They're currently just two games back. As I mentioned, I think the next few weeks will determine a lot as to how the division shapes up for the final few months of the season.

Sorry but you Do NOT Ever feel Sorry for Rats fans. You have commited a Cardinal Sin even entertaining the thought of being sorry for them. The obnoxious loud mouthed trash talking Scum

My long lost son has returned home at last!!!!

They're a 9-7 team this year.

I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 8-8 or 9-7, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they finished 10-6 or possibly 11-5. But 9-7 seems like a good number right now. Their schedule isn't too tough that going 7-4 the rest of the way isn't doable even if they are as bad as they looked over the last three games.

can it get any worse for the Rats?

Lord,I hope so..

I could see the Jest possibly going 10-6, if they get it together. They just seem to have that "luck'. Their schedule is easy at best. As far as the video crap., I think Pats fans just want the public to know how silly and common the "cheating" is. It's not cheating, it's been going on forever and will continue to go on forever. There are cameras everywhere. IT'S NOT CHEATING!!!..Oh yea, the Jest suck.;)

In regards to the video-taping, it was within the rules so there is no blame on the Jets. The rule is a problem however.

It's just splitting hairs on what is legal and illegal when all that differs is official credentials and a vest.

So with any rule in professional sports, they will try to exploit it.

cut one of their most prominent free agent signing

I wouldn't call Mason a prominent free agent, and who wasn't cut.. ;)

In regards to the video-taping, it was within the rules so there is no blame on the Jets. The rule is a problem however.

It's just splitting hairs on what is legal and illegal when all that differs is official credentials and a vest.

The Patriots could care less if the Jets steal their signals......their defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.....and their offense is a mess even knowing the other teams signals........Sanchez is only one of the weak links on that team, and they used Mason as a scapegoat......try looking in the mirror Tanny/Rex
at some of the talent and locker room guys you let slip away while chasing Aso .....

Its a player/depth/coaching issue .....:eek:

The implosion will happen if they lose to Miami(Very big if I know)But you know as
hated rivals, Miami will really try this game.Miami can suck for Luck again after this
game.:)

This was a pleasure to read this morning

More importantly, they just might have forfeited the image, nurtured through three seasons with Rex, as the area's alternative-lifestyle franchise. It's bad enough they're losing these days. Now there is a little less charm to the Jets today, knowing they operate a very much like the other teams in the NFL.

Rex wants to let guys be who they are. We're a merit-based organization."

Mike Tannenbaum & Rex Ryan try to explain Derrick Mason trade, Rex's player-friendly image takes hit

After MIA the Jets have to play SD, BUF and us again. They could easily come out of that 3-6, though 4-5 is a bit more likely. The back half of the Jets schedule is a pretty easy. If they get things right, it's pretty reasonable to see them go 5-2 or 6-1 in their last 7.

9-7 looks like a pretty good bet at this point.

The fact that he doesn't want to check the film only shows the hypocritical nature of the the entire "spygate" affair. The league has NEVER outlawed stealing signals, they just limited the means by which you could do it. How if THAT isn't hypocritical, then what is?

The fine and loss of the draft pick was not because the Pats "cheated" it was because they openly and conspicuously flaunted the league memo outlining those limitations. BB knew how hypocritical this was and continued to do so,. just to make that point. It was a dumb, egocentric, and totally unnecessary move. Bill expected a slap on the wrist and a clarification on a rule he thought was ridiculous. Instead he got the league's over reaction and a black mark on the Pats legacy that isn't going away soon.

For all BB has done to create the "patriot way", and the success we have had; this error in judgement can't be erased or fobbed off as someone else's fault.

That being said, the real damage from spygate WAS the league's fault. By NOT fully explaining the league's position and that this was a procedural violation and not cheating, they not only left the Pats out to dry and encourage the massive speculation that led to the Matt Walsh's of the world; it damaged the league itself. Again totally unnecessary

I can only hope that SOMEDAY there will be a book the exposes the entire episode.

.... And as to the Jets:

the bad news is that it is VERY likely that they will be 3-3 after this week, while we could possibly be 4-2. Being 3-3 at this point of the season is not an insurmountable position by any means. The people throwing dirt on them are entirely too premature. In 2001 we were 5-5 coming off a home loss, and.....

However.....that being said, they have a lot more flaws than they should. They are just one OL injury away from disaster. Their 3rd best WR isn't as good as our 5th (when he's healthy). Their DL is thin and has been exposed now 2 weeks in a row. Cromartie won't be inviting any opposing QBs to throw to him anytime soon. Their locker room is imploding and their loquacious HC, has been quieted to the point of boredom. And although the chances of the Phins going into NJ and beating the Jets with all their issues PLUS a back up QB is very unlikely, just the possibility of it, and the massive fallout THAT would bring; is just too much to hope for. AND all that is good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye