PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It'll be Jets, Chiefs, or Ravens....Who do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cakewalk to the Super Bowl? Our best case scenario

With a young team. I feel as though playing an opponent twice is an advantage. This team has proved they can step up. Now they stepped back against Cleveland and GB, but those were, "layup" wins. They will know what to expect and what they are up against with every team except KC. I want to avoid KC like the plague. Everyone else, bring it on.

Dream:

vs Jets
vs KC
vs Seahawks

Remember that adage, "any given Sunday"? Not trying to be chicken little, but the road to the Superbowl will be anything BUT a cakewalk. IF we make it there, it will be due to superior planning and execution and good luck and then some.

There was a thread just recently about how a huge 27 Patriots haven't ever won a playoff game, and half of those haven't even been to one. This team has endless talent, no doubt about that. IMO, our number one challenge is the mind game. BB has done a remarkable job keeping the youngsters focused through all this success. Lets hope that will keep going all the way to the end of the biggest game.

KC has lost a few games to pretty mediocre teams. But as a team built in the same mould as the Pats, and with ex-Patriot personnel as their chief architects, they could be the most dangerous opponents for us in the AFC.

Anyway you look at it, all playoff teams from AFC are extremely tough. Patriots are clearly superior to all AFC teams. But on a bad Patriot day, all these teams could beat us with ease. Both our losses this year came on bad Patriot days. I pray they will continue their playmaking until the final game of this year in Feb.

Remember that adage, "any given Sunday"? Not trying to be chicken little, but the road to the Superbowl will be anything BUT a cakewalk. IF we make it there, it will be due to superior planning and execution and good luck and then some.

I agree. There is no such thing as a 'cakewalk' to the Superbowl. If the Pats make it there it will be due to them working real hard, superior execution, and superior gameplanning. I don't 'fear' any team in the NFL right now. But neither should we underestimate any team. That kind of mentality is what leads to the Browns game happening. I think that Brady and BB are too focused to let that happen. And everyone seems to be really buying into what BB is preaching. So hopefully we're going to get that storybook ending with the Pats holding the Lombardi. But it's going to be far from easy nor will it be a 'cakewalk'.

I think we're good enough where we don't need to worry about the "easiest" road to the Superbowl. We're capable of not only beating, but blowing out, every team in the playoffs.

Therefore, I'm rooting for the best story. I'm thinking about that "3 Games to Glory" DVD and which combination of victories would be most enjoyable to rewatch over and over again.

We have strong rivalries with the entire AFC playoff field except Kansas City but Cassel, Vrabel, Pioli, and the coaching staff make that an interesting story as well.

Having said all that, the one team I "hate" more than all others right now is the Ravens. I feel like they came into our house, pissed on our carpet, and ravaged our women last year and the stench still lingers. Not only do I want to beat them but I want to destroy them. If we've got another 45-3 type performance in us, let's unleash it on Baltimore.

Then I'd like another Colts/Pats AFC Championship Game. I feel like they took something from us back in '06 and we've never fully gotten it back. If we're going to reinstate our dominance over the NFL then that must include the Colts. No more early leads and late Manning come backs. We need to squash them like we did in '04. Establish that mindset where they know they're going to lose before the game even starts. Plus a 3-1 record vs Manning in the playoffs looks a lot better than 2-1.

In the Super Bowl I'd like to beat the Saints. They're the defending Champs and its rare to see two Super Bowl winning teams/QB's square off against one another.

Ravens, Colts, and Saints....That's the three games I'm rooting for.

If KC beats Baltimore and Pitt, we probably ought to be concerned about them, ya think?

No, the only they win those games is if Baltimore and Pitt have letdowns.

I predict the Pats will play, Baltimore, Indy, then ... wow the NFC sucks, but probably the Packers. The good news is that the Pats have beaten all 3 of these teams before. The bad news is that none of those wins were easy. But they Pats will be at home for all the games leading up for the Superbowl. So I am feeling pretty good about our chances!

Ravens hit hard, and have played us tough too often.

Jets are getting boring as opponents. (And having lived in NYC for 15 years, I don't hate them the way many of you guys do.)

I want the Chiefs.

Last edited:
The Ravens are the best of those 3 teams. I'd put on my money of them beating KC and the Jets losing in Indy again. Although they are a tough matchup, I'm sure this whole team would love to get some revenge for last year.

Agreed, the playoffs are a new season. And as much as we've owned the Steelers, I would never go into a game with the pats playing a team who's won 2 of the last 5 SB's and an elite QB against our inexperienced defense thinking that game will be a cakewalk.

That said, I'm confident in our chances regardless of who we play.

Ravens are easily, easily the best of these 3 teams

they are the single most likely team for us to face, however is it more likely we will play EITHER the Chiefs OR the Jets

I'd prefer either the Jets or the Chiefs.

They've beaten the Ravens. They thumped the Jets but they beat us earlier in the season so a rubber match just to prove it was no fluke. If not the Jets then the Chiefs because they never met them.

Although just thinking about it a bit more, would love to avenge that playoff defeat last year too.

Ravens and then the Colts.

We have some post season revenge to exact on the Ravens. We have some postseason revenge to exact on the Colts.

The Broncos didn't make it or I'd put them on the list.

I want to see the Jets win and the Chiefs win. We crush the Jets and then beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG.

This is only because I hate the Colts & Steelers with a passion and I want them out as soon as possible. If I ever see Roethlisburger or Manning get another ring I will throw up.

One thing's for sure -- whoever we play will just have won a playoff game.

So I'm not taking any of them lightly.

It don't matter to me, bring on all the comers. I am ready to do this job of watching the Patriots all the way to the Victory Podium in Dallas on February 6. The Belichick rebuilding project on defense since 2007 has been most impressive. Brady is one of the best ever to take to the Gridiron. Pity the fools that think they can beat this version of the Patriots. That said, the game itself lends to flukey bounces and breaks (such as a Helmet Catch) that can spoil a Good Super Bowl Championship. So it is foolish to prefer to play one team over another at this point.

As strange as it might sound, I think the Jests have the players on D to beat Manning and the colts. The only QB I am a bit worried about is Manning. obviously he is good, but there seems to be PI calls are crucial games against the Colts that makes any lead surmountable. I can see Cromatie coming off with at least a pick. Cro on Gaicon and Revis on Wayne, Wilson on White and that Coles guy on the TE.

hmmmm I want the Ravens because I want the Pats to crush them to make up for last year. I want the Jets because I want the Patriots to beat them down again. I want the Chiefs because we have not faced them this year. I guess I will be happy with any of them...as long as the Patriots win.

I want the New Jersey Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex Ryan is bi curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back