PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It'll be Jets, Chiefs, or Ravens....Who do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
games vs div teams are always tricky 45-3 not withstanding so i would prefer KC/baltimore.

Nobody scares me. At this point the only team that can beat the Pats is the Pats and I don't see that happening.

:yeahthat:

Beat me to it!

Jets are THE worst team in the playoffs..i want them

For me wanting them has nothing to do with them being the worst or not. I just don't know how people here wouldn't want the Pats to be the team to send them packing, and then go into a very worthy title game matchup against the Colts, Steelers, or Ravens. Would be a good bookend to the regular season.

But as said I think they have played their last game this season. Between scheduling and seeding it seems like other than the possibility of having to travel here for the title game (which is presumptuous to begin with), the Steelers are getting the benefit of being the #1 seed without actually having earned it. They'll get more rest going into a prospective title game, and they are probably going to have a less difficult opponent in the divisional round. Fortunately we know even with the league doing them those favors, the Pats can and will stomp them again if it comes to it.

games vs div teams are always tricky 45-3 not withstanding so i would prefer KC/baltimore.

yeah, Id rather not play the team that last beat us in the playoffs or the team that has 2 former members of our coaching staff. Give me the team we beat 45-3 and hasn't looked impressive for the majority of the season.

We are going to host KC.

I can't do this kind of speculation... makes me too impatient. For me, it's best just to wait it out and see who advances next week. I feel like the Pats can take anybody right now*... we just have to wait two weeks to see it.

*Edit: Look at the 12 playoff teams (doesn't matter who wins NFC West) - we have beaten 6 of the other 11 teams - 4 in the AFC, 2 in the NFC. I'm feeling pretty confident.

Last edited:
Ravens - Revenge factor
Chiefs - Easiest win imo
Jets - Why not be the team to end the Jets season :D

They all look good to me.....if I had to pick one I think I would go with KC though.

Chiefs first, then the Colts in the AFC Championship... and the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each team. here they are.

Jets:

Advantages:

-Patriots know this opponent better than perhaps anyone else at this point, they match up well against them and the patriots seem to own them in Foxborough

-The Patriots will have similar circumstances headed into this game as the last 45-3 blowout, bye week leading to the hated jets in Gillette.

Disadvantages:

-The Patriots played them very recently, they will be prepared for how they exploited them this time and it will be a much closer game (at least the jets hope so).

-The Jets know the Patriots just as well, and the Jets hate the patriots more than anyone else, for as much tape as the patriots have of the jets talking trash and celebrating, the jets have a boatload from the 45-3 game alone.

Ravens:

Advantages:

-This is a redemption game, if the patriots win here they can say they have truly exorcise all of their past demons.

-The Ravens Provide all of the motivation the patriots need here, suggs has been talking smack since the patriots beat him. and the patriots have all of the tape from last years playoff debacle of the ravens all talking smack and saying the dynasty was over.

-The Patriots already beat the ravens in Foxborough.

Disadvantages:

-The Ravens have already played the patriots 3 times since last year in Foxborough and all times they have either kept it a close game or have blown out the patriots (last years playoffs)

- The Ravens want revenge, they still feel like they were screwed by the favoritism the ref show brady too many times and Suggs especially personally hates brady.

Chiefs:

Advantages:

- The Chiefs can look really sloppy in some games, today for instance they went out there to win a game against the raiders and got destroyed in the second half.

-The Patriots know Cassel better than any other quarterback in the league, he still utilizes their system for offense.

- Player by player, the patriots outclass the Chiefs, who have no superstars to speak of.

Disadvantages:

- This is a Mirror game almost the chiefs have so many coaches and players who used to be patriots and the teams know each others methods so well that it will have to be a closer game, the Chiefs are the closest team to the Browns in the playoffs in this regard.

-The Chiefs are pretty spread out in terms of talent, there is no one player you can zero in on and type to stop, outside of Dwayne Bowe which hampers the patriots methods on defense.

----------------------------------------------

I would honestly like to see the Jets back in Foxborough, the personal motivation is there, the opponent is common and the patriots are built to beat the jets defense, if the patriots somehow lost to the jets, i dont think i could bear to watch the jets celebrate ousting the patriots in Gillette without smashing my TV set.

To be honest none of them scare me.

Ravens offense is very inconsistent and their D is old and will fade in the 4th qtr of close games. They've done it all year. They are not coming in here and beating Brady and the Patriots 2 years in a row. Not happening!

Jets don't scare me. Their D is quite overrated and their offense has weapons but not a QB who will lead them to victory in the January cold of Foxborough

I know very little about the Chiefs team but I do know they've beaten nobody this year. How funny would it be if Baltimore is looking past the Chiefs and stubs their toe?? Do NOT dismiss that idea. We all know the Ravens were thrilled not to have to play Indy so don't discount a little trap game mentality for the Ravens. They've been highly UNimpressive with their play in recent weeks. Their subconscious lack of respect for the Chiefs could come back to bite them.

I hate the jets more than the colts... therfore im rooting for the colts this weekend...

I think I want to see the chiefs for all the subplots....and its the easier opponet...

I dont want the ravens.. I dont care how bad they looked today... I dont want one minute of them...

Give me Kc- let indy and pitt battle it out, and the winner will make a heck of a AFC title game...

Ravens
Colts
Packers
Cue the duck boats......

I don't think there's any way the Chiefs win.

Just to inform everyone, since I didn't know this either until I flipped over to the game, but the Chiefs actually played their starters all game. And got crushed by the RAIDERS, at HOME.

Cassel was absolutely terrible too. I'm a fan of the guy and am cheering for him to succeed, but I don't think he's as good as his stats this year would lead you to believe. And against Baltimore? Could be a long day.

IMO: the toughest teams to play would be Ravens, Chiefs, Jets, in that order.

The team I LEAST want to see win the AFC, if not the Pats are Jets, Colts, Steelers, in that order (Steelers vs Colts is an awful choice).

So my favored scenario is:

Jets beat Colts; Chiefs beat Ravens.

Pats beat Jets; Chiefs beat Steelers.

Pats beat Chiefs.

What I THINK will happen is Pats beat Steelers.

A great thing about our possible opponents, is that they have a great idea on what each team does. They can spend the majority of this week looking at KC more in depth. Do not have to do too much work on the Jets and the Ravens a little work just seeing what they have done since October,

Cakewalk to the Super Bowl? Our best case scenario

Imagine the Jets beat the Colts next weekend. I know it's probably more unlikely than likely with the way the two teams have been playing as of late, but still a fairly decent shot that it could happen. And then Pittsburgh beats whoever (most likely Baltimore).

That means our AFC playoff foes would be the Jets (who we drubbed 45-3) and the Steelers (who we also destroyed, on the road). Is anyone not VERY confident that we'll win those games?

I don't want to start looking ahead too much already haha, but c'mon, seriously... that would be the most amazing thing I can imagine right now. So please, everybody pull for the Jets haha

Re: Cakewalk to the Super Bowl? Our best case scenario

The easiest road to the sb for the pats was kc finishing 3rd and colts finishing 4th. It would have played out like this. Jets beat KC. Ravens beat colts. Jets comes to the razor, Ravens goes to Pitt. Pats demolishes Jets again. Doesn't matter who wins b/w Ravens Pitt as it would have been a blood bath. Now all of this unlikely and the opposite is likely to happen.

The easiest, IMHO, would be....

Jets beats Indy
KC beats Baltimore

We beat Jets
KC beats Pitt

We then have KC in the AFCCG

The easiest, IMHO, would be....

Jets beats Indy
KC beats Baltimore

We beat Jets
KC beats Pitt

We then have KC in the AFCCG

If KC beats Baltimore and Pitt, we probably ought to be concerned about them, ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes