PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It Seems Like We have FAs visit, but they don't SIGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like all the people who come visit, don't wind signing, while the rest of the league seem to sign their visitors. The guy from the Cardinals visits, probably re-signed with the Cardinals on the plane ride home. Woodyard visits, and is going on to visit other teams, Brandon Lafell as well. I just find it odd. The guys who signed the first two days Ware, Talib, Decker, all seemed to plan visits and wind up signing after their visits. Maybe we don't know how to play the game, though we got Revis without a visit even needed. Just found it kinda interesting with all of our visitors leaving after their visits.

Seems like all the people who come visit, don't wind signing, while the rest of the league seem to sign their visitors. The guy from the Cardinals visits, probably re-signed with the Cardinals on the plane ride home. Woodyard visits, and is going on to visit other teams, Brandon Lafell as well. I just find it odd. The guys who signed the first two days Ware, Talib, Decker, all seemed to plan visits and wind up signing after their visits. Maybe we don't know how to play the game, though we got Revis without a visit even needed. Just found it kinda interesting with all of our visitors leaving after their visits.

Did LaFell sign someplace today?

I'm willing to guess that if I felt like doing a bit of research I would find plenty of free agents that visit other teams, and don't sign with that club.

OP sounds like Mazz ... "What is going on down there in Foxboro Mike?" Redflags all over the place ..:rocker:

The guys that signed fast signed for big money. The players we've had in besides Revis probably aren't getting huge contracts so there isn't a rush to sign quickly before money dries out.

Seems like all the people who come visit, don't wind signing, while the rest of the league seem to sign their visitors...

Mistaken perception Id say.

Plenty of FAs visit teams and arent signed. Very common occurance.

The guys that signed fast signed for big money. The players we've had in besides Revis probably aren't getting huge contracts so there isn't a rush to sign quickly before money dries out.

Yeah, I'd figure most players setup multiple visits. A team may try to sign them right away, but it usually doesn't hurt a player to be prudent and see where he fits best.

I'm still hopeful (cautiously optimistic) on Browner and Woodyard.

Zero value in this thread. Perhaps even "less than zero".
80's reference intended!

If you were a FA...you wouldn't want to make all your visits and see what the best fit is?

OMG, just what we need. Another WHINE thread. 'No body likes us. Everybody hates us. I'm gonna eat some worms". There are people here who won't be satisfied until we sign EVERY FA currently available....plus a few currently under contract. :rolleyes:

Center Phil Costa signed with Colts. He visited earlier this week.

I think the bigger question would be....how many FA's end up visiting a couple more teams and then end up signing with their first visit ???

If you were a FA...you wouldn't want to make all your visits and see what the best fit is?

That makes sense, unless someone makes you such a ridiculous offer that you know no one else will top (see Talib, Denver.)

That makes sense, unless someone makes you such a ridiculous offer that you know no one else will top (see Talib, Denver.)

It's only smart business unless you get a great deal. The pats may have not even offered a contract to Woodyard or Browner yet

Some teams view FAs as have to have and pay whatever is asked (see Talib, Aqib). The Patriots are willing to let them go and move on to the next guy.
Not sure how that can be described as not knowing how to play the game. It seems more like not willing to be played.

Typically, the only way FAs sign on the spot is if you blow them away by meeting/exceeding their most optimistic asking price. Basically, you have to overpay by enough that even they recognize it as such. As it is, the Pats are presumably offering them deals, but not for enough money to keep them from exploring their options. I don't really see how that's a bad thing.

there are two types of FAs...the ones who you don't let leave and the ones that your interested in. The first type requires a lot of commitment financially and usually carries a high cap charge. One would expect these type of players to be few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes