PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s way too soon for Matt Patricia and the Patriots’ offense to take a victory lap

Joining Matt Patricia? He wasn't joining anything though according to the article. To quote:

"But the first question of the day for Patricia’s meeting with the media attempted to transition from a real Victory Monday in Foxborough to way-too-soon Victory Lap Tuesday. The longtime Patriots defensive coach was asked if he felt “vindicated” by what he and his offense had accomplished in recent weeks in light of the long offseason of questions and criticisms surrounding his ability to be a key cog in New England’s new-look offensive coaching staff collaboration."

"Thankfully, Patricia didn’t not take the opportunity to rest on his supposed newfound offensive laurels and essentially sidestepped the question as he rightfully, reasonably and smartly should have.

“You know me, I approach every day to do the best I can at the job I’m asked to do. I don’t really pay attention too much to the other stuff other than making sure I’m doing everything I can to help those guys prepare,"

I think Matty’s done a solid job so far and I have plenty of confidence in him as our OC.

The media is getting embarrassed by BB again, and they are squirming bad. Hart and Felger are already trying to move the goalposts. Only Tom E admits the truth.

Last edited:
Zappe bailed him out.

I think it was Bedard who mentioned the five Patriots zone blocking rush attempts vs Detroit totaled 5 yards.

Regarding Matty P vindication......
GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

I think it was Bedard who mentioned the five Patriots zone blocking rush attempts vs Detroit totaled 5 yards.

Regarding Matty P vindication......
GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
You know BlowHard hates Bill right?

You know BlowHard hates Bill right?
So are you saying Matty P's zone blocking plays averaged more than1 yd per attempt?

The 'Shoot the Messenger' counter-argument is always a fascinating strategy

I don't think we know yet whether this will ultimately be successful but I think they've more than shown they were qualified for it. Moreso than most of the other names out there some of which may not have been available anyway.

I had no problem with the conservative 3rd-down/RZ play-calling, given the circumstances: Don't put the ball in Zappy's hands in obvious passing situations down there; and the Loins weren't going to do a dam thing on offense anyway, especially after the Scoop-n-Score, so why risk it?

Such play-calling won't cut the m-m-m-mustard this Sunday, however, so we'll see...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back