SOURCE:ca.reuters.com

SOURCE:USA TODAY

SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

"Isn't it odd....?"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Belichick8384, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumby

Gumby PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,926
    Deflategate itself was clearly a hit job.

Check the logs and timelines of annual rule changes, points of emphasis given to officials (sometimes between the championship weekend and SB weekend) and look at what team would be 'nominally' most negatively impacted by those changes. That seems clearly targeted, if not a hit job.

Then there is simply 'what we don't know'. This is point where I proudly don my tin-foil hat and say "I'm with Joker!"
    GotoHell has manipulated and morphed the product for his own purposes for years now. The kind appraisal is akin to ' chicks dig the long ball ' baseball-steroids years. (I.e. NYJFL is just trying to hype offense to pump ratings.). [And patriots dominance is bad for ratings in other markets. ]

But, I was convinced of manipulation of officials back in the scandalous Manning-Squeelers-Seahags playoff sequence where rapistburger overcame in AFCCG and then became golden child for SB. The manipulation and lying of rules, officials, draft picks, etc. has continued unabated since, but mostly at levels where guys like me can be written off by guys like you as nut Jobs.

So believe what you want, I'm ok with that. But I think GotoHell will be demise of league at some point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Belichick8384

Belichick8384 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +480
    Or the league legitimately believed the Pats cheated because they're so obsessed with integrity that they miss the forest for the trees. Like I said, they can take the Pats out of contention if they feel like it without having to conspire secretly about it. They literally have the power to do that. And honestly, the league is too busy trying to cater to everyone's complaints against "unfair-ness" to actively attack a team to take em out of competition.

But I digress, you've still yet to answer my question. What conspiracy is there currently against the Patriots who've been in all the SBs since deflategate? The league fought for deflategate. But what have they done since Brady's suspension other than hand the Patriots the Lombardi? This whole fairy-tale narrative many of you have conjured up is silly. The Pats haven't "triumphed over the man/system" and the league isn't pursuing to take them out of competition. The league can take Pats out of contention at any time if they want to. Its clear that they don't or the Pats wouldn't have been in any Super Bowls since deflategate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Belichick8384

Ratings:
    +480
    Also, cut out the "NYJFL" nonsense. Its absolutely ludicrous. If the Jets were running this league, or if the league was helping the NYJ's, they wouldn't be one of the most helpless and pathetic organisations in the league. They'd be winning the SB every year, or at least in the conversation for it. That's gotta be the dumbest mouth diarrhea I've heard floating around this forum. The Jets suck and do not have any leverage in the league.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,772
    I’m pretty sure the refs could have prevented that 25 point Falcons comeback if they had been “instructed to”. There were 40-something odd plays during the comeback, any one of which would have ended the game if it hadn’t gone our way due to a questionable penalty. And yet somehow we still won! So if we lose Sunday due to this conspiracy, it’s one of the more selective nefarious plots I’ve seen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Pats1989

Pats1989 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Good points.

6. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,336
    A fan base in Los angles? Half the population watches socker and the other half is in two groups. People who are too high and people who can’t figure out what bathroom to use

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,772
    I agree. Let's kick these socker loving sissies back to their drug dens on Sunday!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. archstanton543

archstanton543 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,055
    "We love the whole "the league is against us because we're too good" schpeel."

But they demonstrably are. What do you think Spy and especially Deflategate were really about?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Belichick8384

Ratings:
    +480
    Just to catch you up on things....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  10. Plunkett2Vataha

Plunkett2Vataha Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +222
    I almost, almost, might agree with the first part of your post. That's the overhead TV shot of the play looks kind of "bang bang" IF the officials were looking not to call anything major or game-changing late in the game. I thought it was both pass interference and helmet to helmet as soon as I saw the play. And the replay certainly confirmed it. And the pictures from the on-field sideline perspective looking toward the end zone makes the official look incompetent. If you watch the replay again, you can see the official seemingly start to reach towards his waist area, almost instinctively as if to reach for a flag. He just as quickly stops the motion and then signals incomplete. Why is that? Was there a directive from the NFL office before the game not to make any critical game-changing calls late in the game and to just let the players decide it on the field? Who knows. But if you think that play was nothing more than a "bang bang" play, I challenge you to review the first play of the 4th quarter. This was the 3rd and 7 pass to Ted Ginn that the same Rams CB blatantly interfered with and wrapped him in a hold on the Rams 39 well before the ball got there. This was even more obvious in real time that interference had occurred, yet the officials ignored the obvious call. Instead of a first down at the Rams 39, the Saints had to punt.
    Now I totally agree with your viewpoint on the Saints passing the ball on first down. I don't care what Payton or Brees said, the right call is to RUN the ball and force the Rams to start using their final two timeouts. That was a self-inflicted wound.
    One more point that the media has failed to cover, and I feel it is rather significant. After the game, the Rams CB clearly stated that one of the officials told him he didn't call him for the penalty (interference) because he thought the ball was tipped. This means that if he knew the ball WASN'T tipped, he would have called interference. Did the official ask any of the other officials who were closer to Brees to verify this? If so, they clearly would have told him it wasn't tipped. Thus, he should have thrown the flag. If he didn't ask the other officials, why not? If the question of the ball being tipped is the sole reason why you didn't throw the flag, it is only right that you go to the official who would be closest to the play. I don't believe the Rams CB made this up. But I do believe that the NFL may have wanted to downplay the comment by the Rams player and hope no one else brings it up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,266
    ...nor his transgressions against the sport itself, and the good people in it

His henchmen are just as despicable, and should also be brought to justice

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Redman443

Redman443 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,914
    none of that matters. it just matters on who is going to execute and do their job

13. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,264
    The Rams used TO#2 BEFORE the non-call, so...
    I don’t see how that is possible.

Rams vs. Saints - Play-By-Play - January 20, 2019 - ESPN

From the play-by-play:

(1:49 - 4th) Timeout #2 by LA at 01:49.

3rd & 10 at LAR 13

(1:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short right to T. Lewis.

If PI is called, it is 1st and goal with 1:48 left and LA has to call TO#3 because the clock will start on the spot of the ball.

1st down run, no TOs left, 40 seconds run off before the next snap at ~1:05

2nd down run, no TOs left, 40 seconds run off before the next snap at ~0:25.

3rd down run, no TOs left, 22 seconds run off before NO calls TO at ~0:03.

4th down, kick FG. Clock remaining: ~0:00 seconds

???

14. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,342
    What conspiracy? Wait until Sunday evening, and you'll have it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,342
    I'm not referring to the sequence of plays following the 3rd-down pass if it had been correctly ruled DP; I'm referring to the sequence of plays if the Saints had run the ball, starting at 1:57.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. NE_Zealot

NE_Zealot Keep your stick on the ice! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,193
    Anthony Davis to the Lakers is a much bigger storyline than the Rams in L.A.

That city will always be run by the Lakeshow. Every other team runs far behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,264
    OK, thanks, you're right....

1st & 10 at LAR 13
    (1:58 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short left to M.Thomas.
    If they had run the ball, LA takes TO #2 after the play

in that case...
    2 & 9 w. ~1:54, run again, LA takes TO #3

3&8 w. ~1:50, run again, no TOs, 4 sec for play + 40 sec til next snap

4th & 7 w. ~1:06, kick FG

KO would then be receiving the KO at ~1:02 left

Certainly enough time for a FG to force OT

This is assuming 4 sec for every run & the FG, it usually takes more time than that before the play clock starts though, but it would still be >50 sec at least

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,336
    I was thinking the firing squad should be ok

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,266
    I prefer torture

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  20. n6249c

n6249c Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,192
    Torture him with several more Brady-led Lombardi celebrations by the NE Patriots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.