Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the Colts game still important?

• Treat it like a glorified pre-season game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Colts fan and I'll just die if we lose this one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off course its important.You wanna win each game.You wanna know if this team can beat a decent team on the road.I am hoping for a better game then what i saw in san diego!!

It being the Colts isn't really that important. It is important in that the Pats are fighting to win the division, the Colts are an AFC competitor, and they might be a competitor for a Wild Card if the Pats don't win the division. It definitely isn't as important as other years where both were near guaranteed division winners and the winner had a leg up for HFA.

I'll settle this for everyone:

It's more important than a game against an NFC team and less important than a game vs. a division opponent.

You're all welcome. Glad I could help. :singing:

It is also the MOST important game THIS WEEK!

YES YES YES and YES ! this game is important. Now that both teams are dealing sub par seasons the loser of this game may not make the playoffs

As long as we stay ahead of the Bills and/or Jets, we make the playoffs. I haven't said this game was not important.

I have said that it's way less important than beating the Bills next week. I would rather have as many of our front line players ready for the Bills than play them againts the Colts.

And I'll be rooting for us to beat the Colts and disappointed if we don't, as I do every game.

Important but if you told me we are going 1-1 over the next two weeks, pick which one you want to win, I'm picking the Bills. If we are going 2-1 the next two weeks I'm picking the Bills and Jets to win too.

Every game is important and I think BB would love nothing more than to go into Indy and win. I would love to see that too. My wife and I enjoy it when Peyton does is "pull off his chin straps in disgust" move.

I hope there's no "audio problems" in the new stadium...*cough, fake crowd noise, cough*

Off course its important, its the colts........

like this??

1195274738_peyton.jpg

Its not as important as other years, as I don't think the Colts will go to the playoffs. Every other year, this game has practically been the tiebreaker for homefield advantage in the playoffs.

A win is a win. But given an "importance rating", its less then divisional games at the moment.

Well, I guess if you asked Coach, he'd say every game is important. I think this one is important because of the statement it would make if we beat these guys in their own house, with Peyton and without Tommy, on national TV.

If we lose, we're either a game behind Buffalo or in a three way tie at the halfway mark. While I can live with both of those scenarios (and would have taken either in a heartbeat if offered to me five minutes after Brady went down), this game is still real important.

5-3 is a lot closer to the likely 10-6 cutoff to make the playoffs than 6-2 is, considering the remaining schedule:

- Buffalo twice (currently tied with the Pats atop the division)
- @ Miami (38-13...they're no pushover, and BB should have figured out a way to stop the Wild**t offense)
- Jets (always play tough in Foxboro, but Favre can keep the Pats in the game, too)
- Pittsburgh (they could beat the Pats 3-0)
- Arizona (Warner/Fitz/Boldin could put up 400yds on this secondary and still lose)
- Back-to-backs @Seattle and @Oakland (hate those west-coast games but those teams still suck)

I'd be mildly surprised, but not utterly shocked if the Pats went 4-4 in the 2nd half. If that happened, then we'll be really hoping for a 6-2 first half.

Regards,
Chris

I fixed your post for you. :)

The Colts still have the talent to turn it on and make a run. It's important to bury them now and regardless of how badly the Colts are playing now in the eyes of the NFL they're still a measuring stick and beating them without Brady in their house would be huge.

It's more important than a game against an NFC team and less important than a game vs. a division opponent.
Exactly. Not sure why the poll lumped the steelers with division opponents. That's why I didn't vote. Must be the season for pollsters to ask the wrong questions.

:eek: Why play the game if its' not important? ALL GAMES ARE! Who knows if that could be the one that keeps us out of post season? Besides, Nothing, let me say this again. NOTHING, gives me greater pleasure than to see the dolts go down slam dunk hard. And one more thing, this could be a treasure trove of the best Manning faces this year.:singing: So yeah, it is important!:D

Exactly. Not sure why the poll lumped the steelers with division opponents. That's why I didn't vote. Must be the season for pollsters to ask the wrong questions.

Steelers were included because they are a first place team and by being so a rival to the Patriots for a first round bye. So the Steeler game could be much more important that the Colts game right now.

The Colts are now 4 games out of the division lead. No team has even won that division being 4 games in back. So assuming the Patriots win the division, the Steelers are the bigger rival for the bye/home field.

I have to echo the sentiments of everyone who says that every game is important. As long as we're in the playoff race, every game matters.

This is normally a game that everyone looks forward to. It usually has playoff position at stake.

Yet I find myself thinking more of this game as not very important at all. The important games IMO, are the next three or four angainst the Bills, Jets, Fins, and Steelers.

I know BB probably won't do this but I think he should hold out any player who still has a nagging injury. That includes Jordon, Morris and Hobbs. Maybe he should only play Cassel for a half and give O'Connell the 2nd half to get some experience with the varsity.

Many are going to disagree with this thinking, so let's have a poll.

To be honest, it doesn't feel the same at all going into this week. A big part of the Colts-Pats rivalry is Manning-Brady. Brady's out and Manning is currently a shell of his true self. I'm excited for the game, but not any more or less than the average game - when normally going into a Colts week, the whole week is full of excitement and buzz as if it were a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST