PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this 2017 Eagles team in any way reminiscent to '07 Giants?

I'm not big in terms of weight & height necessarily. Just always been a nickname. But 280, 6 4 and 14.5 shoe size.

Regards,

Big Dave
Dude... you're big. I will remember to be more polite to you going forward says my 165, 5 10, 10.5 self

Well because two of Brady's worst playoff games ( according to fans & media) came against the Giants D. Thus, it's fair to be quite nervous if the Eagles D is of a similar caliber.

Unsure why posters who ask this question are automatically labeled as a " troll". It's a legit question to ponder.

Regards,

Big Dave

Brady was much worse against the Broncos and Ravens in the playoffs then he was vs the Giants.

Also I believe this Eagles team is worse then what we faced in 04.

Dude... you're big. I will remember to be more polite to you going forward says my 165, 5 10, 10.5 self

I guess " big" is all relative. I work with a bunch of huge muscular dudes. Thus, I don't consider myself " big".

Now, a guy like James Harrison? He's " big".

Brady was much worse against the Broncos and Ravens in the playoffs then he was vs the Giants.

Also I believe this Eagles team is worse then what we faced in 04.

The 04 Eagles are better at QB. But otherwise, this D has multiple pro bowl caliber players. 04 Eagles had...Dawkins? Current TE, WR's as a unit ( TO was hurt) are better than 04. Furthermore, the coach can run a two minute offense....sans maybe that disaster series in Foxboro a few seasons ago.

Regards,

Big Dave

Well because two of Brady's worst playoff games ( according to fans & media) came against the Giants D. Thus, it's fair to be quite nervous if the Eagles D is of a similar caliber.

Unsure why posters who ask this question are automatically labeled as a " troll". It's a legit question to ponder.

Regards,

Big Dave

Brady's worst playoff game was far and away the 2009 game against the Ravens and it's not even close. Three interceptions, fumbled the ball away. 49 passer rating. 54% completions and 154 yards.

So one that notion is wrong.

The reason it's annoying because any team with a defensive line that's in the top 10 automatically gets compared to the Giants and people act like that's the formula to beat the Patriots consistently. The Patriots have competed with and beat teams with great defensive lines.

I wouldn't say they are like the Giants at all. They have a good pass rush, but their strength is mostly in their depth, if you can run a no huddle and keep them off balance and from substituting there are plenty of match ups in the linebackers corp and secondary to exploit. Also this Patriots team has a running game with backs who can catch out of the backfield capable of exploiting that. Also don't anticipate us having as much trouble with the secondary who did a good job of keeping moss in check.

The bigger question is can the Patriots defense stop the Eagles offensive attack imo. If the Patriots can hold the Eagles to 21 or less, they should easily win this game. If it goes over that it's going to be a shootout.

Brady's worst playoff game was far and away the 2009 game against the Ravens and it's not even close. Three interceptions, fumbled the ball away. 49 passer rating. 54% completions and 154 yards.

So one that notion is wrong.

The reason it's annoying because any team with a defensive line that's in the top 10 automatically gets compared to the Giants and people act like that's the formula to beat the Patriots consistently. The Patriots have competed with and beat teams with great defensive lines.

I wouldn't say they are like the Giants at all. They have a good pass rush, but their strength is mostly in their depth, if you can run a no huddle and keep them off balance and from substituting there are plenty of match ups in the linebackers corp and secondary to exploit. Also this Patriots team has a running game with backs who can catch out of the backfield capable of exploiting that. Also don't anticipate us having as much trouble with the secondary who did a good job of keeping moss in check.

The bigger question is can the Patriots defense stop the Eagles offensive attack imo. If the Patriots can hold the Eagles to 21 or less, they should easily win this game. If it goes over that it's going to be a shootout.

I said two of Brady's worst playoff games according to " fans & media". I don't necessarily agree with that assessment. But um yeah the 09 playoff game was atrocious. Looking back, that 09 season was probably the least fun campaign since....02 team.

Regards,

Big Dave

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
If I was trolling, you'd know it, cupcake ;D
A cheeky troll. So tell us, which team are you a suffering fan of? It must drive you nuts because we're back in the Super Bowl again. Poor thing. You must be really hurting.

The 04 Eagles are better at QB. But otherwise, this D has multiple pro bowl caliber players. 04 Eagles had...Dawkins? Current TE, WR's as a unit ( TO was hurt) are better than 04. Furthermore, the coach can run a two minute offense....sans maybe that disaster series in Foxboro a few seasons ago.

Regards,

Big Dave

The 04 Eagles imo were more complete. They have the decisive edge at QB, RB and WR and that includes Owens for sure. Also in the secondary.

This years team is better at OL, slightly better at DL and LB though the 04 Eagles were no slouches in any of these areas either, Agreed better coaching but not by much.

Regards,

Big Dave
TO was hurt but he honestly had one of the best performances on the field that day. TO that day was still better than any receiver playing in that game.

Not that any of that matters too much. This Patriots team is so different from that one that it's hard to use that game as a baseline. Gronk is better than any player we had on offense in that game, Cooks is better than any receiver, Amendola might actually be better than any receiver on that team as well, then Hogan is like maybe just under the ballpark of Branch who was far and away our best receiver that year. Brady is playing at an MVP level and better football than he played back then. No Dillion but we have more depth in the run game and the ability to catch out of the backfield. The biggest difference is on defense.

Yep, probably because of the opponents` strength at LB. Suggs&Lewis/Miller&Ware were tough to handle, especially the latter duo. I dont see that level of dominance on this Eagles team, Bradham and Kendricks are good players but far from top/notch quality.

Does anyone on the Eagles look like Strahan or JPP? How about Tuck or Umenyiora? No? Then I don't see the resemblance, sorry.

Goofy, incompetent QB with strong, semi-elite defense with average secondary and a superior o-line.

Nobody on this Eagles defense is worth of being in the HOF, unlike Tuck or Strahan.

No...eli is a HOFamer.. foles is a journeyman backup

Look at the future HOFamers on those giants. What eggles can say the same?

TO was hurt but he honestly had one of the best performances on the field that day. TO that day was still better than any receiver playing in that game.

Not that any of that matters too much. This Patriots team is so different from that one that it's hard to use that game as a baseline. Gronk is better than any player we had on offense in that game, Cooks is better than any receiver, Amendola might actually be better than any receiver on that team as well, then Hogan is like maybe just under the ballpark of Branch who was far and away our best receiver that year. Brady is playing at an MVP level and better football than he played back then. No Dillion but we have more depth in the run game and the ability to catch out of the backfield. The biggest difference is on defense.
I don't think you are giving Branch his due credit. I would take him over any Pats WR this year and it's not even close. To say that he and Brady were on the same wavelength is a crazy understatement.

The 04 Eagles imo were more complete. They have the decisive edge at QB, RB and WR and that includes Owens for sure. Also in the secondary.

This years team is better at OL, slightly better at DL and LB though the 04 Eagles were no slouches in any of these areas either, Agreed better coaching but not by much.

I'm talking strictly SB though. Owens was hurt. The TE for the Eagles this season & receivers as a unit are better.

RB: Westbrook was better than they got now.

QB: McNabb over Foles.

Regards,

Big Dave

Goofy, incompetent QB with strong, semi-elite defense with average secondary and a superior o-line.

Nobody on this Eagles defense is worth of being in the HOF, unlike Tuck or Strahan.
Even if it was the '07 Giants, were not the '07 Patriots. That team was one of the greatest of all-time and could run up the score, but this year's scrappy team seems to be able to handle the pass rush better with quick passes to Lewis and White.

Will we be able to have over 100 yards rushing in this game or will this be like game against Jacksonville?

I'm hoping the o-line handles the job this time. We can't underestimate the Eagles pass rush even though on paper they suck.

Will we be able to have...

brace-yourselves-fake-patriots-fans-are-coming.jpg

Quest4SixHomie. Joined January 23. No doubt a “lifelong Patriots fan”.

The 04 Eagles team would beat this Eagles team by 14 points. It wouldn't be close.

A cheeky troll. So tell us, which team are you a suffering fan of? It must drive you nuts because we're back in the Super Bowl again. Poor thing. You must be really hurting.

Okay, okay I'll come clean. I spend all day admiring Tom Brady's pecker...

There. Happy?

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back