PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Tampa Bay the Last team Tom Brady will play for?

TB is in cap hell after the 2021 season. Meaning they'll see an exodus of players come this March.

This year is probably their last good chance at a SB before the full rebuild begins.

They have some challenges and will lose a few guys but are nowhere close to cap hell. The Chiefs are arguably in a worse situation, since they continue to defer Mahomes salary, and at some point that will become untenable.

Bucs will be in cap hell in '22 with only 30 players under contract beyond that season, IIRC.

Im not the brightest person but I heard this about NO and the Rams for years

I think Tampa is playing for the now and going to rebuild after the 2022 season whether Brady is done or not. They have several key players who are old on defense who will be gone. Godwin is going to break the bank somewhere and probably not Tampa. Vita will get top of market money limiting the cap. And Arians will likely retire after this season meaning a new coach with a different philosophy.

The offense is still top 10 without Godwin and AB getting a larger role for pennies next year. Why is Ariana retiring when he has Brady and if he does they probably promote Leftwich even if he isn’t the best coach. Vea will be signed and limit the cap but they will still have both linebackers, Shaq, and whitehead that’s a good core

Most likely but if I were running that team I'd say bye to Mike Evans. It will never happen I know but as long as Godwin doesn't drop a bunch, he's better in every way. If he does leave maybe we should unload a TE for him.

This has to stop Evans is defender bu the other teams top CB for a reason not only that he’ll be on a better contract and will 100% take a pay cut as he’s don’t the last two years

The offense is still top 10 without Godwin and AB getting a larger role for pennies next year. Why is Ariana retiring when he has Brady and if he does they probably promote Leftwich even if he isn’t the best coach. Vea will be signed and limit the cap but they will still have both linebackers, Shaq, and whitehead that’s a good core

I said AFTER the 2022 season. JPP, David, Suh, Gronk, and other players in their 30s are not going to play forever. They are not Brady.

And Arians was reportedly retiring after last season, but came back because all the other players were willing to try to win back to back championships.

I said AFTER the 2022 season. JPP, David, Suh, Gronk, and other players in their 30s are not going to play forever. They are not Brady.

And Arians was reportedly retiring after last season, but came back because all the other players were willing to try to win back to back championships.

I’d say the only concern there would be David and Gronk Joe Tryon looks good early and will be JPP replacement after this season. David should be fine for a couple more seasons and they’d have to find a TE unless Howard can recover

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back