PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is our defense this good?

Will you ever explain why Butler wasnt great in 2016? Maybe stay on topic this time?
The team was great, the defense as a whole was great... he got overly credited for team results.

I already explained this numerous times.

The team was great, the defense as a whole was great... he got overly credited for team results.

I already explained this numerous times.
That is your opinion, will you explain it using facts/stats/logic?

So far you have making the all pro team is equal to the popular lunch table in high school

That is your opinion, will you explain it using facts/stats/logic?
I won't repeat myself... just scroll back a few pages and start over.
So far you have making the all pro team is equal to the popular lunch table in high school
Mills and Robinson didn't need an All Pro nod to win a ring in 2017.

But you can't explain that paradox, all you do is ignore it, or ascribe some abstract generalization to write it off... the Patriot play different.

Makes sense, about as much sense as Butler fell apart on a worse team at 28 but somehow he was still great.

I feel like every time a poster starts a conversation with Wozzy, some sort of disclaimer needs to be posted in order to prevent something like this. I can start it and other posters can feel free to add to it as they see fit.

—————

DISCLAIMER:

By submitting this reply, the poster hereby asserts the following:

1. This post in no way disputes the fact that the [insert upcoming or current season] New England Patriots will be/are the greatest football team to ever grace God’s green Earth.

1a. If [insert upcoming or current season] New England Patriots fall short of their goal of winning a Lombardi, this post in no way disputes that football is a team game.

1b. If [insert upcoming or current season] New England Patriots fall short of their goal of winning a Lombardi, this post in no way directs 100% of the blame at Bill Belichick’s feet.

2. This post in no way disputes that Bill Belichick is the greatest coach of all time.

3. This post in no way disputes that Bill Belichick is the greatest GM of all time.

4. This post recognizes that any former Patriot who was released by the team is garbage, underwhelming, disappointing, or merely decent.

4b. This post recognizes that any former Patriot who was released by the team is not to be talked about in positive terms. Failure to do so will mean that the poster in question will be labeled a fan of [insert new destination here].

5. This post in no way disputes that the team has no personnel weaknesses or, if they do, they are minor at best.

This has become one funny conversation. I had some catching up to do.

And for what it's worth... I've asked him five time to agree to disagree and move on with his life but he keeps dragging me back in. You'll see that as you read all 476 comments...
I did actually tie you up and force you to respond to me, totally agree

I won't repeat myself... just scroll back a few pages and start over.
We understand All pros mean nothing to you, but coverage stats, etc? Got any?
Mills and Robinson didn't need an All Pro nod to win a ring in 2017.

But you can't explain that paradox, all you do is ignore it, or ascribe some abstract generalization to write it off... the Patriot play different.

Makes sense, about as much sense as Butler fell apart on a worse team at 28 but somehow he was still great.
Arguing something I never brought up, classic deflection. Waiting for any evidence Butler wasnt great in 2016. Got some?

I did actually tie you up and force you to respond to me, totally agree
You're right... I quit.

cNzfa9i.png

I do agree with @All3Phases that Malcolm Butler at one point was a very good CB and Pro Bowl and or All Pro worthy for a short period of time between 2015-16. His play dropped off starting in 2017. Not sure what what the fuss is all about.

I feel like every time a poster starts a conversation with Wozzy, some sort of disclaimer needs to be posted in order to prevent something like this. I can start it and other posters can feel free to add to it as they see fit.
Most conversations are over pretty quickly, you usually say something silly like the winningest coach in history is actually a bumbling stumbling fool who backed into success... then the truth usually shuts you up.

Most conversations are over pretty quickly, you usually say something silly like the winningest coach in history is actually a bumbling stumbling fool who backed into success... then the truth usually shuts you up.
I did? Where? Throw that bad boy up for me. Shouldn’t be hard. I have a million posts under my name and the search feature is pretty effective here.

You’ve been on here all summer, and doing this all day. Take a vacation, bud. Let your feet touch grass.

I do agree with @All3Phases that Malcolm Butler at one point was a very good CB and Pro Bowl and or All Pro worthy for a short period of time between 2015-16. His play dropped off starting in 2017. Not sure what what the fuss is all about.
Literally nothing, my entire point was Butler was great in 2016. This is what it turned into

I did? Where? Throw that bad boy up for me. Shouldn’t be hard. I have a million posts under my name and the search feature is pretty effective here.

You’ve been on here all summer, and doing this all day. Take a vacation, bud. Let your feet touch grass.
You mean lying about posts isn’t just a me thing? Good to know going forward

Gilmore only went to one Pro Bowl in five years in Buffalo... then came to New England and was annually invited to both the Pro Bowl and All Pro teams, and won DPOY... the most prestigious defensive award in the NFL.

You don't find the parallels to Gilmore's newfound success and Butler's quick demise when they changed teams are somehow connected?

Yeah, I took a peek when the mods moved a thread I was in over to the Brady sounding board... you practically run the place.

Gilmore only went to one Pro Bowl in five years in Buffalo... then came to New England and was annually invited to both the Pro Bowl and All Pro teams, and won DPOY... the most prestigious defensive award in the NFL.

You don't find the parallels to Gilmore's newfound success and Butler's quick demise when they changed teams are somehow connected?
I do agree with you on that. Gilmore was considered underwhelming in Buffalo and I've seen Rex Ryan on the ESPN morning show "Get Up" blame himself as to why Gilmore wasn't better with him in Buffalo. Because Gilmore struggled, I was not a fan of the signing in 2017, but he won me over fairly quickly.

Butler was already dropping off before he left NE. He had two very good years in NE making a Pro Bowl in 2015 and All Pro in 2016. It happens where players will have a few good years and then fall off a cliff. Butler was that guy.

Yeah, I took a peek when the mods moved a thread I was in over to the Brady sounding board... you practically run the place.
2 out of 27 posts today in the Brady forum. A whopping 7%, which will get lower after this post. My highest level of activity in any thread is 10 posts - in the predictions thread where MAC10 has the lead with a whopping 86 posts. Wrong again.

Let’s see that post, now. Or you could just keep ****posting. Your choice. Heh, if you have a woman who lives with you, I wonder what she thinks when she sees you furiously typing on your phone all day? Does she ask you who you’re talking to? Or have you actually told her that you spend entire summers white knighting for a football team and a 70 year old man who wouldn’t give you 5 seconds of his time? Like I said, take a vacation. Get away for a little while. There’s more to life than this.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back