2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Hobbs a starting-quality Cornerback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't matter, you can quote NEM until you're blue in the face and he will just deny everything. He takes great pride in his dishonesty.
Damn! A knee to the crotch!

I think Hobbs can be a #1 cb as soon as next year. He has every physical trait necessary: great speed, toughness, grit, attitude, confidence, ball skills, and tremendous leaping ability (42" vertical among the highest ever recorded at the combine) which mitigates against his 5'9 1/2" height. His willingness to play Cb with a broken wrist should have endeared himself to Patriot fans forever.

I think Hobbs can be a #1 cb as soon as next year. He has every physical trait necessary: great speed, toughness, grit, attitude, confidence, ball skills, and tremendous leaping ability (42" vertical among the highest ever recorded at the combine) which mitigates against his 5'9 1/2" height. His willingness to play Cb with a broken wrist should have endeared himself to Patriot fans forever.

I guess to some fans a broken wrist is an excuse to open up a can of Haterade on a guy. Your analysis of Hobbs is spot on. Like the majority of fans who actually pay attention and who aren't driven by knee jerk reactions, it's pretty clear to me this kid is developing into a player. And this comes from someone who WAS NOT a big fan of his last year. Even this year I found myself annoyed with him, but it was clear he showed he's capable of improvement this year. He should be quite good next year.

Last edited:
NEM, I don't think you get it. If Samuel re-signs, the probabilty of the Pats going out and spending big money on a quality FA CB good enough to beat out Hobbs for the other spot is next to zero.

I don't see Wilson moving to corner at this point either. He hasn't played there in at least 2 seasons and was basically out football for a year. How exactly do you come to the conclusion he's just going to waltz into camp after missing a year and unseat Hobbs, a player BB clearly has confidence in. If he didn't have that confidence, he's on the bench. I draw my conclusions from what I see and I read between the lines. End of story

That leaves the rookie option. I suppose it's possible for a rookie to come in and wow BB, but given the relatively short time in camp to do so that's also hard to imagine.

Take the bet! You have nothing to lose!

If Samuel isn't resigned then the deals off. But if he does come back then Hobbs just has to stay healthy to make you right.

Its not a bad bet.

Theres outs for the both of you.

Take the bet! You have nothing to lose!

If Samuel isn't resigned then the deals off. But if he does come back then Hobbs just has to stay healthy to make you right.

Its not a bad bet.

Theres outs for the both of you.

The bet is pointless right now. The Patriots and this board are NEMs life. He's not going to live up to the terms anyway. If I thought he was capable, then we might be onto something.

Anyway, it probably wouldn't be a very long wager. Samuel is as good as gone IMO and under his criteria, that's the end of it.

See, you can't lose, right?

Dude i'll make a sig bet with you for a friendly season long game 1 through 17 bet.

If you want to take the friendly wager then just tell me and we can make the rules in like 5 minutes.

I think Samuel re signs, or is tagged.

I know you probably think he's an amateur hack because he's born after 1950, but I agree with Mike Reiss. He doesn't believe the Pats will franchise Samuel because doing so would mean they would be tying up close to $20 million on two players (Brady and Samuel). Having watched the way BB handles spending, I have no reason not to concur.

Tagged and traded? Yes. Tagged? Probably not gonna happen.

The Patriots and this board are NEMs life.
You would drive NEM straight to the insane asylum. You know .....
loony bin
strait jacket
padded cells
rubber rooms
erratic mumblings

That sounds logical, HOWEVER, I think that what happened with Branch has weigherd heavily on them and that they dont want the same thing to happen two years in a row because it makes them look bad in the eyes of potential FA's that they may want to sign.

And, BTW, I dont even know much about Reiss because I never read him, anyway.

Maybe so. I guess we'll learn the answer to that in the very near future.

How is it that you consider yourself an informed Patriots fan who doesn't read Mike Reiss? Is there a Globe bias? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm not saying he's the only decent reporter out there covering the Patriots, but he's pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back