PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irvin thinks Colts should sit luck to protect team's fragile ego

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way. I think if the Indy gets blown out, irsay will fire pagano in a drug induced rage.

Irvin: Colts should sit Andrew Luck against Patriots - NFL.com

I realize it's best not to get too confident, but I just found this hilarious. More or less, Irvin doesn't even think the Colts should bother trying, rather, they should "roll" with Hasselbeck and the built-in excuse that comes with him starting, namely that the Patriots only beat down their backup QB. He has a point, this may be the only possible protection available for their fragile egos.
I said that earlier this week. I agree with him.

Plus the fact I don't think Luck's arm is 100% and is facing a nasty pass rush.

more like an elementary school girls soccer team.
I'd put the toughness of my 3rd and 5th graders ahead of the Colts any day.

Only difference is mine make cookies with the Mrs. and play with Barbies

Total hypothetical but what happens if they start Hasslebeck and it's a relatively close game say 34-24 where the Indy offense actually plays pretty well. Then fast forward to the playoffs and the Pats and Colts meet again and the Colts with Luck starting get blown out 63-7 and Luck plays like crap.

That could ruin them worse than simply getting their asses handed to them in this game.

Total hypothetical but what happens if they start Hasslebeck and it's a relatively close game say 34-24 where the Indy offense actually plays pretty well. Then fast forward to the playoffs and the Pats and Colts meet again and the Colts with Luck starting get blown out 63-7 and Luck plays like crap.

That could ruin them worse than simply getting their asses handed to them in this game.

Its a good point. I think there is a lot of issues with Indy right now.

Your franchise QB is playing like poop and is coming back from injury. In his stead the backup has played pretty well.

You have your HC and GM at odds with most likely the HC in his last season with the team.

You have the owner tweeting out personnel decisions about the QB so the FF geeks can play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back