PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting QB scenario this offseason:

At this rate maybe we just draft Young. But seriously, which is more likely: drafting a franchise qb, or winning the Super Bowl?

Figured I'd BUMP this topic up. Now with Fields seeming to figure it out and experts projecting the Bears could end up with the top pick in the draft via their pick or the Panthers would you support a trade for Fields to the Patriots? Please discuss!
I would take Fields over Mac right now, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a big improvement. I do think better coaching resolves some of his issues.

Figured I'd BUMP this topic up. Now with Fields seeming to figure it out and experts projecting the Bears could end up with the top pick in the draft via their pick or the Panthers would you support a trade for Fields to the Patriots? Please discuss!
Or maybe trade up for the #1?

The Bears have their own and the Panthers round 1 pick. Caleb looks to be a generational talent. I'd have no issue with the Pats unloading picks to grab him but that's highly unlikely. All the other QB's in the next draft have question marks. If the Patriots could get Fields on the cheap (3rd-4th rounder) I certainly would prefer him over Mac BUT they would have to invest in some talent around him.

I would never a draft QB under 6’3” in the top 5, let alone #1 overall, unless he has other worldly talent.

Herbert - 6’6”
Lawrence - 6’6”
P. Manning - 6’5”
E. Manning - 6’5”
Roethlisberger - 6’5”
Rivers - 6’5”
Allen - 6’5”
Brady - 6’4”
Burrow - 6’4”
Ryan - 6’4”
Stafford - 6’3”
Mahomes - 6’3”

That’s almost every HoF (or borderline HoF, or ascending star) QB in the last 15 years.

There are outlier guys like Rodgers and Brees (Wilson is okay but very limited) but wtf is the league doing picking 5’10” midgets with the #1 overall pick to play QB? I like Hurts but he’s already regressing despite his stacked supporting cast.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back