PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting cuts and transactions throughout the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can IR him now without waiving him, he just wouldn't be able to return

No.. Any player who isn't vested has to clear waivers first.

EDIT: This is incorrect. Players can be put on IR directly as part of the cut down to 53. They don't have to go through waivers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts took a look at Kizer since he is similar to Brissette in terms of playing style.

They can IR him now without waiving him, he just wouldn't be able to return
Right but if you waive/injured another team can claim them
This is a cut, flat out, no trickery.

No.. Any player who isn't vested has to clear waivers first.
Not if they're IRed during cutdowns. For example, Wynn, Berrios and Sam last year.

Last edited:
Right but if you waive/injured another team can claim them
This is a cut, flat out, no trickery.

Any player who isn't a vested veteran cannot be put onto the IR without clearing waivers first.

EDIT: the part of my post above is incorrect. Players cut as part of the cutdown to 53 do not have to clear waivers to go to IR.

And, considering that most first reports of players being waived don't mention if it's waived/injured or not, there is no way to tell whether or not this is a "cut, flat out" or not.

Last edited:
Any player who isn't a vested veteran cannot be put onto the IR without clearing waivers first.

And, considering that most first reports of players being waived don't mention if it's waived/injured or not, there is no way to tell whether or not this is a "cut, flat out" or not.
Starting today (or maybe yesterday) they're able to be IRed without going through waivers. They can't be IRed without going through waivers during camp/ preseason.

I like Dan Arnold

We disagree

Cutting Polite might be one of the biggest draft failures I can think of. Ever. No hyperbole, at least not imo. When you consider the whole situation.

The need for the position. The craziness in the GM room itself. The transition from joke to serious.... Could go on.

Just utterly embarrassing.

*Edit*
Speaking strictly Jet draft history here but drafting/cutting Polite w a dead man walking GM will/should go down on any top 10 draft failure list.

Last edited:
Cutting Polite might be one of the biggest draft failures I can think of. Ever. No hyperbole, at least not imo. When you consider the whole situation.

The need for the position. The craziness in the GM room itself. The transition from joke to serious.... Could go on.

Trent Richardson?

I saw mocks that had the Pats taking him in the second. WTF happened?

Starting today (or maybe yesterday) they're able to be IRed without going through waivers. They can't be IRed without going through waivers during camp/ preseason.

Agreed.. I was incorrect and editing my posts accordingly.

This i surprising.. Didn't think that KC's RB situation was that great.

Another trade..

With Houston picking up Hyde, that's one less place that the Chargers can send Gordon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST