PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting comp for N'Keal Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I really did, as it points out that relying on such stats as these isn't really telling anyone much at this point. A WR can't catch a ball that's not thrown to him. Having Henry running on a team like the Titans is probably good for a receiver, yes, regarding YPC?

Mecole Hardman being on the field with Kelcee and Hill probably helps him, especially in an offense where the QB hasn't gotten to the "I don't trust him" point of his career.

I haven't changed my opinion at all since right after Antonio Brown was canned that a big part of the offensive woes had to do with Brady's shutting down receivers, rather publicly. I have no idea if Harry will be worthy of his draft pick, or f Meyers is a legitimate NFL receiver or not.

What am pretty confident about is that all these other grass-is-greener guys probably wouldn't have fared any better on the Patriots than Harry or Meyers.

And FTR, I wanted Deebo Samuel or Brown n the first round.

A shame that talents like Lamb, Jeudy, Reagor, and Jefferson nearly fell to us and Patriots didn’t try to trade up and snag one for Stidham...

A shame that talents like Lamb, Jeudy, Reagor, and Jefferson nearly fell to us and Patriots didn’t try to trade up and snag one for Stidham...
Really can't blame 'em for that one...Without a 2nd-round pick or 3rd-rounders earlier than they were, we really didn't have enough ammo for a trade-up during the first round.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really did, as it points out that relying on such stats as these isn't really telling anyone much at this point. A WR can't catch a ball that's not thrown to him. Having Henry running on a team like the Titans is probably good for a receiver, yes, regarding YPC?

Mecole Hardman being on the field with Kelcee and Hill probably helps him, especially in an offense where the QB hasn't gotten to the "I don't trust him" point of his career.

I haven't changed my opinion at all since right after Antonio Brown was canned that a big part of the offensive woes had to do with Brady's shutting down receivers, rather publicly. I have no idea if Harry will be worthy of his draft pick, or f Meyers is a legitimate NFL receiver or not.

What am pretty confident about is that all these other grass-is-greener guys probably wouldn't have fared any better on the Patriots than Harry or Meyers.

And FTR, I wanted Deebo Samuel or Brown n the first round.

There's no way you actually thought that through and them came up with such a ridiculous answer. You just knee jerked and pulled that out of your ass.

You're not normally silly enough to point to one game in the playoffs as emblematic in that situation, particularly given how the game played out.

For crying out loud, Tannehill only had 29 pass attempts, and the Titans only had 31 pass attempts in the Titans' first two playoff games, combined.

Last edited:
Not saying you’re wrong, but what does film suggest?

AJ Brown is unbelievably strong, a huge YAC guy, runs very good routes, and can run away from people.

Harry has great body control and athleticism for his size, flashed YAC ability, but he is terribly slow, can’t separate, and is not a good route runner

I generally agree, but it helps that Brown was playing with the better QB last season.

Let's be generous and presume that such a more would have required our top 3rd.

We would have had a WR and what we could get with 98 and 100. Instead, we got a S, 2 TE's and 2 LB's.

I very much like what we did.

We would have had a WR and what we could get with 98 and 100. Instead, we got a S, 2 TE's and 2 LB's.

If you have a chance at a pro bowl talent in a premium position of need, why pass that up for 4 mediocre players, one who is a Last Chance U player, and a tight end projected to go in round 6.

Jeudy is an amazing route runner, would be perfect for our precision offense. Instantly make Stidham's life easier. Lamb has freakish ability.

Why? He burned most of the picks on guys of very dubious pedigree, and his recent draft track record has not been particularly good. So, given that, why would you "very much like" that he passed on the opportunity to get a heralded player?

That's a serious question, by the way, and in no way meant to be just a throw away post. I'm truly wondering about your thought process on this.

I just watched highlights of AJ Brown....wow. He looks so much better than Harry I don’t understand what our scouts missed in Brown. Brown is crazy good at getting open, he’s freakishly strong, amazing YAC, and he can run away from people...

The better question is what do our scouts have on BB or Kraft? A blind man would have more success at scouting college receivers.

That said i hope the best for Harry, Meyers and the rookie WRs. Somebody step up cuz Edelgod will need help.

Let's remember that Godwin struggled mightily for much of his 1 TD rookie year. I remember him being a lost puppy in training camp, as documented on Hard Knocks that year.

Godwin's numbers through his first 13 games as a rookie:

24 rec, 316 yds, no TDs

30% of his catches, 40% of his yards and his only TD came in the last 2 games of the season.

Harry may prove his supporters, me included, wrong and have a disappointing second year as well, but this kid has been the victim of the anti-Belichick bias of some Pats fans (mainly the Brady walks on water mafia) and media members. Give him a chance to succeed because he had no real chance to do so as a rookie, for reasons that have been well documented.

There's no way you actually thought that through and them came up with such a ridiculous answer. You just knee jerked and pulled that out of your ass.

You're not normally silly enough to point to one game in the playoffs as emblematic in that situation, particularly given how the game played out.

For crying out loud, Tannehill only had 29 pass attempts, and the Titans only had 31 pass attempts in the Titans' first two playoff games, combined.

Then maybe people should quit telling me what a superstar Brown is, yeah?

Supposely the 2020 WR draft was historically deep this year with 40 to 50 possible WR rookies making rosters.

Which also means there will 40 to 50 experienced WRs cut and available come September.

Let's remember that Godwin struggled mightily for much of his 1 TD rookie year. I remember him being a lost puppy in training camp, as documented on Hard Knocks that year.

Godwin's numbers through his first 13 games as a rookie:

24 rec, 316 yds, no TDs

30% of his catches, 40% of his yards and his only TD came in the last 2 games of the season.

Harry may prove his supporters, me included, wrong and have a disappointing second year as well, but this kid has been the victim of the anti-Belichick bias of some Pats fans (mainly the Brady walks on water mafia) and media members. Give him a chance to succeed because he had no real chance to do so as a rookie, for reasons that have been well documented.

Different types of receivers. Godwin is a speedster. Harry is gonna be more like in the mold of a mike williams.

Different types of receivers. Godwin is a speedster. Harry is gonna be more like in the mold of a mike williams.

I wasn't trying to compare them as players. I was simply reiterating the point that it is ridiculous to label Harry a bust after 7 games. Godwin struggled for most of his rookie season before something clicked during the last 2 weeks of the season.

N'Keal Harry has new trainer aiming to better prepare him...

Good to see that Harry recognized a weakness and is working to improve that aspect of his game. Let's hope that this work shows up on the field.

Behind a pay wall (The Athletic is a great site, work the cost) but here is a blurb:

Harry began training last week in Houston with Justin Allen, the younger brother of former Patriots tight end Dwayne Allen.

“Everybody knows he has a God-given body,” Justin Allen said. “He’s a physical freak, and he is a hard worker, very competitive. We’ve been working on fundamentals. I’ve been taking him back to what you were doing when you were first playing the sport as a kid — just those little details, basic fundamentals of getting in and out of your breaks, staying low, eliminating steps in and out of breaks, loosening up his hips, teaching him how to use his hips, be more fluid and move faster than he does. We’re trying to get him to play a little bit faster so he can give a little different look next year.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes